Udon Thani: Tomb raider stole six year old's skull part to make into amulets

webfact

Udon Thani: Tomb raider stole six year old's skull part to make into amulets

8pm.jpg
Caption: Hunt on for the "necromancer"

The Udon Thani governor and police from several stations went to a temple in Muang district of the north eastern Thai city to examine damage to the tomb of a six year old boy. 

The grave - a kind of cement tomb - had been broken into and a part of his skull had been removed. It happened at the temple of Wat Pa Songsermtham. 

It is thought to be the work of a necromancer who would turn the skull parts into amulets and fetishes. 

A bag that relatives had put in the grave that the robber left at the scene is being examined for DNA. 

8pm1.jpg
Picture: Daily News

The theft occurred back on May 12th and the governor Maj-gen Woranat Phanphon has called for the police to step up their hunt for the person or persons responsible. 

"Nong Kao" was a six year old boy who died from drowning. Relatives wanted to delay his cremation according to their beliefs and put his body in the tomb. 

They were waiting until his mother got out of prison before proceeding with the funeral. 

The part of the skull stolen is known as the cranial girdle.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-04

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Udon Thani governor and police from several stations went to a temple in Muang district

What, was this a 'slow news crime day'?

I've posted on here TVF before about the difficultly trying to get one policeman in Udon Thani (also Muang district) to attend crimes at night.

Being cynical, I'd suggest so many police went as they knew the deceased wasn't likely to fight back, as opposed to an intruder on the premises when my in-laws tried to get the police to attend on two separate occasions.

9 hours ago, TheHangingJudge said:

Some sick people out there.

After viewing an earlier post of a girl receiving a beating from her ex b/f I'd say there's a lot of sick people out there for various reasons!

Archived