Drone users rejoice! Regulations set to be eased by the end of this year

webfact

Drone users rejoice! Regulations set to be eased by the end of this year

9pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that drone users will be happy that deregulation plans have been announced. 

The Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand (CAAT) is working on amendments that will make it unnecessary to apply for permission to fly drones in certain areas. 

Chula Sukkhamanop of the CAAT said that the amendments to Telecoms Ministry regulations of 2015 would bring more freedom to thousands of drone owners in Thailand.

And the changes would bring Thailand more in line with regulations internationally. 

Some 7,000 drone users have already applied for permits. 

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-04

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have one in the storage because I've been too lazy to register it. And it's a biaaatsch to fly, so insurance should still stay mandatory, but how are they going to do that if there's no license required? 

I guess they're scrapping it because nobody could be arsed anyway.

Well this is great news. I have 2 and fly them regularly. The list of areas considered no fly zones should be the basic international obvious ones (Airports, Military bases, etc) and of course special areas like Temples and other areas deemed no fly zones. The rest should be good to go.

10 hours ago, Deerculler said:

Née ray,

Please don’t knock it. I want to fly my drone again.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. That was my way of saying "I totally approve" of the amendments. I am intrigued by personal drone activity and may embark upon it myself.

Enjoy your drone flying.

11 hours ago, JAFO said:

Well this is great news. I have 2 and fly them regularly. The list of areas considered no fly zones should be the basic international obvious ones (Airports, Military bases, etc) and of course special areas like Temples and other areas deemed no fly zones. The rest should be good to go.

Keep your drones away from my windows and backyard lol. Surely you understand that people should not be able to fly them over private property and use them to snoop. There are not many places in town where they are "good to go" IMO.  

9 hours ago, tropo said:

Keep your drones away from my windows and backyard lol. Surely you understand that people should not be able to fly them over private property and use them to snoop. There are not many places in town where they are "good to go" IMO.  

LOL.. Well not all Drone users snoop on people. Its amazing how people think that people with drones want to see what others are doing. I always laughed and say I do not want to see some fat person walking around in their underwear in the back yard or the other odd things they may or may not being doing. 

8 hours ago, neeray said:

That eliminates 30,000 places to fly right off the bat.

Is there that many here? LOL. I never looked nor cared quite frankly. I fly up in mountain areas or on islands. I have some very nice drone vids and aerial pics of the landscape here in Thailand. I share with family and friends.

Perhaps you misunderstood my post. That was my way of saying "I totally approve" of the amendments. I am intrigued by personal drone activity and may embark upon it myself.
Enjoy your drone flying.

Sorry I was joking. Have a look at it. There is a lot that can be done with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, Deerculler said:

There is some beautiful photography done using drones.Plus the big movie companies use them now.
Search and rescue. I could name many good used for drones.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

And some neighbour with the IQ of a transit van can fly one into the path of someone in their car etc.

Keep them where they should be, in the hands of people who use them for the puposes you describe.

Whilst it may be a positive thing for those who hail from the responsible section of society, this action of deregulation probably has trouble written all over it as the morons and "I don't care" section of society far outweighs all others. Just wait for the ridiculous reports of all sorts to come in of tossers doing a myriad of dumb-ass stupid nonsense with them. It's not as if safety and respect for others/the law are cherished and ingrained qualities here. Once all kinds of moronic BS starts happening then they will tighten it again ... if they can even be arsed to enforce in the first place.

We as yet don’t know how much of the regulations will be relaxed.
No point in making assumptions or predictions.

Even then some will do what they will in any activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 hours ago, Deerculler said:

Search and rescue. I could name many good used for drones.

B/S. These toys do more harm than any possible good when under the (non) control of big boys with little.....! 

A drone cannot do rescue, look maybe, but that is all!

Ban them now before they bring down aircraft or do other major damage etc.

59 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

B/S. These toys do more harm than any possible good when under the (non) control of big boys with little.....! 

You only want to go on and on and argue.

Still waiting after reading this yesterday to find out what the changes are.

One should be abolishing the requirement to register a drone with a camera under 250grams. Currently those without cameras aren't required to be registered. 

It's not that registration is necessarily a bad thing - particularly for bigger drones, but the current law requires registration, complete with insurance, to fly a micro-drone with camera where the insurance is often 2-3x more per year that the costs of the actual drone. 

A micro-drone is incapable of causing major damage vs a bigger one.

Is there that many here? LOL. I never looked nor cared quite frankly. I fly up in mountain areas or on islands. I have some very nice drone vids and aerial pics of the landscape here in Thailand. I share with family and friends.

Actually if remember correctly I read there are over 40,000 temples.

4 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

Man...you seem to have a significant issue with Drones and the reference to male anatomy shoes your maturity level. I suppose anybody with a fast car, motorcycle, nice boat etc is a problem to you as well. Sounds a bit like Drone Envy....????

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

And some neighbour with the IQ of a transit van can fly one into the path of someone in their car etc.

Keep them where they should be, in the hands of people who use them for the puposes you describe.

Perfect for Songkran...

Archived