Man falls to his death at Central World Bangkok

webfact

Man falls to his death at Central World Bangkok

dn.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A man has fallen to his death at the Central World shopping mall in Pathumwan, Bangkok.

According to Thai news site Daily News, the man jumped from the 6th floor of the mall on Thursday afternoon.

A clip shared to social media showed security guards at the mall attending the scene and quickly covering the man’s body.

Daily News said Pathumwan Police are investigating the incident.

This is the latest in a number of similar tragic incidents to occur at shopping malls in Thailand.

Last month, a foreign man leapt to his death at the Central Festival shopping mall in Pattaya.

In January, a French man died after jumping from an escalator at Bangkok’s Terminal 21 shopping mall.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-04

The charity Samaritans is available around the clock for people who want to talk.

If you or anyone you know is in need of mental health services, please contact the Samaritans of Thailand at their 24-hour hotline 02-713-6791 (English), 02713-6793 (Thai) or Thai Mental Health Hotline at 1323 (Thai).

http://www.samaritansthai.com/news/samaritans-of-thailand-english-hotline/ 

I think every shopping mall should dedicate one elevator shaft for these poor souls.. This way the public wouldn't be traumatized and the cleaning could be left for the closing hours. ????

Ye sorry, couldn't help my self.. :post-4641-1156694606:

4 hours ago, Matzzon said:

They just have to fix this problem. People ain´t gonna stop jump, that´s for sure. Better build shopping malls with only one floor. All for the great cause of safety.

And then, Next on the list was hotels.......Help, there is not enough ground to cover this concept!

was that supposed to be A funny or B a serious comment.. if A, it was a massive fail, if B, sorry it didnt make any sense?

Update on Central World death: Police chief says it was an accident

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

The Pathumwan police chief has said that the death of a man who fell at Central World department store on Tuesday afternoon was an accident. 

Nitthichai Sanklang, 55, from Bangkok, fell as his younger brother was taking a picture of him on the 7th floor. 

He fell to the 3rd floor where police found bloodstains and a tent hurriedly erected. 

The body - thought to already be dead - was taken to the nearby Police Hospital as startled shoppers looked on. 

Pathumwan chief Pol Col Thammanoon Bunreuang said it was an accident but CCTV footage was being examined and further interviews with the victim's younger brother were taking place. 

The men had been taking posing for pictures of each other, he said.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-05

Who knows what is going thru the mind of someone willing to jump to their death. Must have some serious stuff going on in their lives. I often wonder if, and I mean this in a serious and not mean manner, people who jump to their death regret it on the way down. Sometimes/often spur of the moment ideas aren't the best ones.

19 hours ago, edgarfriendly said:

jumped or fell?

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Nitthichai Sanklang, 55, from Bangkok, fell as his younger brother was taking a picture of him on the 7th floor.

18 hours ago, Bipolar said:

Huh! The Mall Group should come up with some teaser ads as no one jumps from the mall group complexes wheres things at Central is always so bad , that people take the plunge there. Lol! I too nearly jumped from Centralworld when I when there for grocery shopping and the supermarket said no it was a no plastic bag day!

Just another TV member who has nothing better to do than make jokes about someone dying. Very sad. And pathetic. There are always such posts. Does TV attract such people, or is Thailand just infested with them?

I am surprised there are not more accidents like this.  The barrier rails are very low at these malls, and there are any number of chairs, stools displays adjacent to them enabling people to clamber on. I have seen small children climbing on them to peer over the rail too.

As for those who have nothing better to do than make puerile jokes about people dying, I fully agree with Mr Bangkok Berry who makes the point brilliantly.

8 hours ago, justin case said:

futurama ? anyone ?  suicide booth...

why not cover the 1st floor with a net ?

why not cover each floor with a net thus all potential suicidal will think twice before jumping

3 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

why not cover each floor with a net thus all potential suicidal will think twice before jumping

and cover every highrise, and cover every bridge, and cover every overpass, and cover ever train track ....   what a stupid suggestion ...

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

and cover every highrise, and cover every bridge, and cover every overpass, and cover ever train track ....   what a stupid suggestion ...

You seem to be saying that because it's impossible to make every highrise, bridge, overpass, and train track safer, then this shopping mall should also not be made safer.

I don't think there was any need to call the poster's suggestion stupid. It would at least protect anyone walking below the faller/jumper (in that shopping mall). Surely worth the cost of a net.

13 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Just another TV member who has nothing better to do than make jokes about someone dying. Very sad. And pathetic. There are always such posts. Does TV attract such people, or is Thailand just infested with them?

Frankly i think its kind of a defensive reaction of many of the expats here.

Dying in Good Old Age with a truly loving family by your side is not something many will likely to experience here... Hence the other exit alternatives are always lurking somewhere in the background and thus the black humor flourishes.  ????

That being said, some are probably just dickheads..

Archived