Thailand's opposition alliance to nominate rising star Thanathorn as PM

webfact

1 minute ago, RupertIII said:

Dems just voted 61-16 to vote for the junta. End of story, very sadly!!

Probably the end of the Dem Party, they more than likely just put the nail in their own coffin, next election will be more devastating for them than they could possibly imagine. You would think they would have got a wake-up call from this past election, obviously they are tone deaf.

I'm a little surprised that anyone thinks it will make much of a difference which group gets the front row at the trough.

That's the nature of a Kleptocracy.  The politicians aren't elected to power.  They're elected to be the public face of those in power.

Well I done my own survey about election results as you know I have 4500

friends in Thailand (of course I could not reach all of them) but the numbers

I reached ( and this is from all over Thailand including the so called HI-SO

in Bangkok) 85% voted for FFP I do know it is not a lot of people but I feel

the people had no say at all, we all know it was rigged but I do feel bad for

a lot of people who tried to change

The important aspect of this is that some, who realize how incredibly corrosive and destructive a force the army is, in contemporary Thailand, are putting up a fight against the hapless junta. The Thai people must resist with every ounce of their beings and their wills. Five more years of these guys, and the nation will barely be recognizable. 

29 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The important aspect of this is that some, who realize how incredibly corrosive and destructive a force the army is, in contemporary Thailand, are putting up a fight against the hapless junta. The Thai people must resist with every ounce of their beings and their wills. Five more years of these guys, and the nation will barely be recognizable. 

Correct, more and more news is coming out re "unpleasant untoward"things happening to those who disagree or dont toe the line,

sadly, although even from reputable sources these are not being widely published in Thailand!

Dark days are coming i feel, although for sure there is growing support from the younger generation against the various "powers" that be" 

8 hours ago, poohy said:

Correct, more and more news is coming out re "unpleasant untoward"things happening to those who disagree or dont toe the line,

sadly, although even from reputable sources these are not being widely published in Thailand!

Dark days are coming i feel, although for sure there is growing support from the younger generation against the various "powers" that be" 

The younger generation for sure. But I suspect the vast majority of the nation despises the army, and all they represent, at this point in time. They represent lack of progress on every level. 

12 hours ago, candide said:

They are absolutely shameless. It's no problem for them to convict Thanathorn and absolve the others....

It's the best of looking after your mates or maybe paymaster /s. 

18 hours ago, Orton Rd said:

How do you know he is lying, and how is it undemocratic if he had?

Do you seriously think Thaksin would allow an outsider to push in front of his personally endorsed next puppet wannabee?

The question is what deal have the made. Another Amnesty Whitewash attempt?

2 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Do you seriously think Thaksin would allow an outsider to push in front of his personally endorsed next puppet wannabee?

The question is what deal have the made. Another Amnesty Whitewash attempt?

Is that a serious question. PTP just did that by pushing Thanathorn as the candidate of the pro democracy bloc to challenge for the PM position. Sudarat, Chadchart and Chaikasem stepped aside. You really have to loosen up with your Thaksin obsession. 

14 hours ago, ocddave said:

Probably the end of the Dem Party, they more than likely just put the nail in their own coffin, next election will be more devastating for them than they could possibly imagine. You would think they would have got a wake-up call from this past election, obviously they are tone deaf.

Yes, those Suthep whistles do a number on your ears I’m told.

18 hours ago, Artisi said:

As far as a coup taking place, Prayuth needs the nod from someone with much higher authority and without that nod Prayuth is just a toothless tiger. 

Agreed, i.e. unless he is even more ambitious than we think ????

18 hours ago, malibukid said:

the international community would not tolerate a coup

Interesting comment, how many coups has Thailand had since 1932, 19, 12 successfully and where was the international community. 

Archived