Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

I have never used the tuk tuks. I rent a car at the airport ( Nine Car Rent) for 1000 baht a day.  The best way. Don't need it at night as we stay local

how much is the deposit?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

Hush........I can hear something............Wait...........Definitely a rustling in the air.............what can it be..........the air is electric..........Oh, the anticipation..........yes..........i can feel it is strong now..........it is very, very close...............just over the horizon................

Hurrah !!! here it is, coming to a news outlet near you in the blink of an eye.....................

Honest Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver photo op !!!!!..........................

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ honest tuk tuk driver in phuket

Look closer , hes stealing it from her lol

42 minutes ago, sahibji said:

you can always settle your fare prior to commencement of the trip.lesser chance of problems that way.

That’s all too hard for good folk here tho, experts from afar mostly. Their monthly fix of anti Phuket rant!

Shows comp0late lack of concern for the Tourist that supplies approximately 15-20% pf Thai GDP.

Why be polite to them TELL them to sort it or their licences will be withdrawn for LIFE !! That is of course if they have any that is !! 

What he is saying, is that we acknowledge that the taxi mafia is more powerful than the local authorities, the toy police and the army. So, rather than try to enforce the laws, let's just ask please can you do what is right and fair?

Never gonna happen. Weak authorities will aways be treated as such. 

From my experience in bkk a taxi see you u stop it.tell them where u want to go.i say meter they say no.i say move on.most taxi are the same but not all like that.in cm tuk tuks same as patong see the farang charge double or more.songtoew as well.it will never change in many farang views they see us as a money tree.that is why I have a scooter to use and if not grab is fair

What I do not get is the contradictions .

on one hand authorities asking for thais to stop attacking foreigners and to be good hosts , on the other hand immigration is verbally raping foreigners, hardly welcoming 

so it’s either good hosts or not ? 

27 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Amazing that they actually have to be ASKED not to do things that are <deleted> common sense in any civilized society. Phuket is such a shithole. Never again. Either they get rid of the taxi mafia or get rid of tourists, can't have both!!

You have not realised but they are concentrating on getting rid of tourists ????????????

The only reason this has happened is because tourist arrivals are way way down.

2 weeks ago Banyon Tree at Laguna had 2 rooms occupied.  Patong is very very quiet.  When it hits them in the pocket they care but otherwise not.

4 hours ago, balo said:

Soon there will be no tourists left anyway so they can go back and grow rice on the farms instead.

Absolutely, Thais are killing their own nest egg, each day its just another nail in the lid of the

tourism coffin, but they are too stupid and greedy to realise that one day there will be no tourists, unless you count the cheap charlie chinese conducted tourists who are musterd from venue to venue like a herd of cattle and dont spend money anywhere. Actually now i think about it they do remind me of a herd of cattle, as cattle shit and piss anywhere and everywhere.

Tuk-Tuk Driver Day

Sponsored by Patong Police Dept

Marriott Hotel - Patong Beach

Day Two Seminars

Morning program:

(9:00 AM - noon)

Sala 1: market pricing vs extortion: do you know the difference?

Sala 2: veiled threats: achieving desired outcomes without resorting to violence

Sala 3: lao khao, anger management, and driving: a dangerous cocktail?  

Sala 4: (special late addition to program):

armed robbery and rape aren't part of the job description either, OK, fellas?

Afternoon program:

(1:00 PM - 3:30 PM)

Ballroom 1: Screening of 'Taxi Driver' movie, followed by audience and panel discussion about taxi driver etiquette and relationship building with passengers.

And because of the desire to avoid the tuk-tuks, tourists with no license or experience rent a motorcycle for 200 Baht for 24 hours, which is the same price as one tuk-tuk trip within Patong. The accident they will have later is free. 

4 hours ago, balo said:

Soon there will be no tourists left anyway so they can go back and grow rice on the farms instead.

Exactly...."if" the powers- that- be (debatable to begin with) have no common-sense to see these actions by the "grifters" there in Thailand affect future tourism, then said 'dopes" need to either go back to school...prioritize "things" to ensure that said tourists are not screwed by said unscrupulous people in question....OR forget about over-stays, sex-related activity, etc. Get your f....g shit together and figure out "how"- if un-addressed your country will essentially fall by by the way-side. And then, you have no one to blame but your ignorant selves. Worry about your grifters first- the legal thieving  people that are allowed by your non-sensical people in charge. Either pay them more....either get serious about the negative mafia crap.....and if not, then people will go elsewhere. Dual pricing.Bad attitudes. "if" you do not want tourism , then get you are seemingly maing that impression.

And meanwhile, the junta and its <deleted>-up thinking (and the King's thoughts?) re: all of this BS is at the very least "nominal". In other words, your show or display needs to be centered upon the rip-off artists/ grifters there. If not, then you're a waste of time.

Asked, but not told.

Beating and cheating MUST be illegal.

Lame.

Hello low-life’s, we will ENFORCE these laws going forward, because you are killing business for all. Get in line now or pay the price.

Nope. Just...

Please stop cheating and beating tourists.

Lame. Lame. Lame.

9 minutes ago, Gecko123 said:

Tuk-Tuk Driver Day

Sponsored by Patong Police Dept

Marriott Hotel - Patong Beach

Day Two Seminars

Morning program:

(9:00 AM - noon)

Sala 1: market pricing vs extortion: do you know the difference?

Sala 2: veiled threats: achieving desired outcomes without resorting to violence

Sala 3: lao khao, anger management, and driving: a dangerous cocktail?  

Sala 4: (special late addition to program):

armed robbery and rape aren't part of the job description either, OK, fellas?

Afternoon program:

(1:00 PM - 3:30 PM)

Sala 1: Screening of 'Taxi Driver' movie, followed by audience and panel discussion about taxi driver etiquette and relationship building with passengers.

LOL.....and I'm sure if "anyone" cared, their attention span would have ended after 5 minutes- and that's stretching it:)

So now we will discuss mental health in Thailand.....it seems non-existent. Sad- obviously not a priority, but yet the mafia and their "contributions" - brown envelopes for everything under the sun. And "what" would the king say? Blindness does not lend to leadership.

Archived