BANGKOK 17 June 2019 14:27
snoop1130

Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists

9 minutes ago, jaiyen said:

I have never used the tuk tuks. I rent a car at the airport ( Nine Car Rent) for 1000 baht a day.  The best way. Don't need it at night as we stay local

how much is the deposit?

For cheating loose licence. For beating singapore cane them is the only answer. 50 lashes. They never do again. Look on utube

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, sahibji said:

you can always settle your fare prior to commencement of the trip.lesser chance of problems that way.

That’s all too hard for good folk here tho, experts from afar mostly. Their monthly fix of anti Phuket rant!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Shows comp0late lack of concern for the Tourist that supplies approximately 15-20% pf Thai GDP.

Why be polite to them TELL them to sort it or their licences will be withdrawn for LIFE !! That is of course if they have any that is !! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Corruption and incompetence, nice combo

• Like 2

You can ask a wall to behave well ... the result is the same, none of these criminals listens to you!

I wish i had a dollar for every time i've read this same type of article for Phuket.... SOME THINGS JUST NEVER CHANGE.... TIT!!

Amazing that they actually have to be ASKED not to do things that are <deleted> common sense in any civilized society. Phuket is such a shithole. Never again. Either they get rid of the taxi mafia or get rid of tourists, can't have both!!

• Like 2

Its like keeping tigers with chickens and asking the tigers to stop eating them.

As soon as you look the other way Bam.

• Like 1

From my experience in bkk a taxi see you u stop it.tell them where u want to go.i say meter they say no.i say move on.most taxi are the same but not all like that.in cm tuk tuks same as patong see the farang charge double or more.songtoew as well.it will never change in many farang views they see us as a money tree.that is why I have a scooter to use and if not grab is fair

What I do not get is the contradictions .

on one hand authorities asking for thais to stop attacking foreigners and to be good hosts , on the other hand immigration is verbally raping foreigners, hardly welcoming 

so it’s either good hosts or not ?