Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists

snoop1130

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists"

more realistic request would be to stop breathing

just do what they do in sri lanka,  all tuk tuks have meters just like taxis

You guys are missing the subtle point: authorities asked. For them that is really getting hard after it! Previous weaklings might have Suggested, implied, hinted at, hoped, prayed, but not current tough guys. Hopefully this bit parody of Apocalypse Now will help... if no show, go to 4:30 point

Ask, did I read "A S K"? In accordance with the law = carry on; otherwise reprimand, fine and eventually lock 'em up. Pathetic.

I just hope they are aware of the fact, that the internet and the WWW was not a Thai invention and hence is accessible from all over the planet. Reading such cra-P I opt not going there in the first place ........

this is an endemic part of  the major percentage of the Thai population.I  have  found  that they cheat on money matters not  just with foreigners the targets  but  with  their own friends  or  any vulnerable  Thai where they see a chance to ripp them off.The saying i heard years  back about Thais  real  nature I observe on a regular  basis .  It  goes...  With the Thais its whats yours is mine  but what mine is mine

1 hour ago, TMNH said:

And the lesson here is? Go elsewhere...there is nothing in Thailand to warrant tourism. The beaches are strewn in garbage and waste....every day, either lady-boys rip off unsuspecting visitors...taxi drivers attempt to screw any non-Thai visitor...dual pricing for tourist sites.....And finally, <deleted> abusing elephants for the tourist trade. Thais are the least of any character-based people. No surprise as many Thais are ignorant...uneducated,....and employ 3rd world tactics in a supposedly- acquiring attraction of big money there. Then again, they will have private butlers. Not like most natives. Tired......and pathetic with all of the never-ending excursions into illicit behavior. Yet the lame-brain junta thinks they know whatever. You do not. And your country is no different. Your priorities need be to be reassessed.

Sadly, I tend to agree more with each passing day.

I'm usually careful not to be too denigratory, as I still live here (though not for long), have had some really wonderful and formative experiences in the Kingdom, have all but married an ethnic minority Thai and will always have a soft spot for the majestic beauty of the country, far more than for the people. So, although I agree that Thailand has a myriad of social issues big and small, I'll stop short of slandering ALL 70 million of them as I do know a handful or lovely, honest and deeply kind Thai people, and I am quite sure they are not alone in deserving such accolades. There's low-life trash wherever you care to venture in this world and mingling cheek by jowl are just as many (if not more) decent and modest folks too. To my mind, Thailand has become worse over the years that I have been here, the welcome mat has been rolled up and the lawlessness of the place has only increased. There's a thin veneer of respectability, modernity and order straddling the surface of the country, but, if you're unlucky that facade can be ripped away in the blink of an eye to reveal the backward, lawless and thoroughly venal true nature of the place and it's times like this that serve as a wake up call, making the comfortable and complacent farang recognise the reality of 'the land of smiles'.

Being a foreigner in a very different culture doesn't help matters and it is easy to become jaded, not only here, but I'm quite sure - most anywhere. It's just that - to me - the inconsistencies and aggravations of living in Thailand are so glaringly obvious to us outsiders, yet the Thais themselves have seemingly little to no real awareness of the fundamental issues their country faces and/or have zero volition to do anything about it. In many cases, I guess, even if they did, they would be thwarted by the overbearing and brutal regime before they got far - we've seen this before of course. The average Thai and his outlook is the product of nationalist further combined with extreme ignorance and little to no education. Until this dire concoction is replaced by humility, civility, intelligence, pluralism and a proper education system then I fear little will change, until perhaps - they land themselves in the sh*t by acting so badly and consequently losing all the tourists that they so desperately rely upon yet have such distaste for.

5 hours ago, Khun Paul said:

Shows comp0late lack of concern for the Tourist that supplies approximately 15-20% pf Thai GDP.

Why be polite to them TELL them to sort it or their licences will be withdrawn for LIFE !! That is of course if they have any that is !! 

They dare not upset the psychopathic nature of these repugnant folk, the country is full of them on a unknown time fuse. 

They can explode at any time due their repressed nature of to many ‘Mai Pen Rai’s to their fellow folk. 

Who gets the backlash yep foreigners who are a easy target for these also nationalist racist pigs ! 

14 hours ago, the guest said:

I wouldn't go in a tuk-tuk (taxi) even if you paid me. Complete rip-off !

How do you travel then ?  Last time I took a tuk-tuk in Phuket after dark was 20 years ago.  400 Bt from Kata to Patong and no negotiation attempt accepted.  Thumbed it back on my own to stop at a couple of places that looked interesting. Got pick pocketed and  everyone told me I deserved it for being " Cheap Charlie "  2.5k for 2 beers and a motorbike ride 3 up in the pissing rain. Bit steeper than a tuk tuk but all part of the experience. Probably got my money back from telling the story to the Tuk Tuk drivers at the Kata rank buying me beers whilst they tried to figure out if I was done by the 2 lads on a motorbike offering me a lift to the boxing or the ladyboy that dragged me out of the rain to shelter and started showing me his new top nuts whilst we tried to hail a lift. All part of the experience. LOL

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'm waiting for the Phuket "tuk-tuk driver" returns 5 million baht to tourist in tomorrows news!

Yup. And it was taken by another tuk tuk driver who wasn't caught on cctv. 

"Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists"

Thais should realise that the "beating of tourists" would immediately lead to arrest, loss of licence and possible imprisonment in any civilised country.

If the driver has a complaint against a passenger, call the police and let them sort it out.

Sorry - I forgot - that would mean ........................................ (fill in your own blanks!) 

17 hours ago, the guest said:

I wouldn't go in a tuk-tuk (taxi) even if you paid me. Complete rip-off !

Not if you get paid … :whistling:

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about enforcing the existing laws? Or would that be too much trouble for the police officers?

Enforcing the Laws gives less in the Pocket ...

19 hours ago, madmen said:

Asked, really?  yeah that oughta a fix it

A backround check prior to give a License would be a good start … :thumbsup:

Did they ask really, really, really nicely.  

"Pretty please with sugar on top - please stop assaulting and battering the tourist and pretty please stop cheating them  too.  
Please!!!

17 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Yes, please don’t cheat and beat the tourists otherwise we might have to do some work and arrest someone. Now run along you nice Tuk-Tuk people and keep up the good work. Thailand number one. 

I gave them a run for their money a few years back. 2 obnoxious little nobody's demanded 1,000 Baht for a half mile Journey. Told him to take a flying ........ then they pulled out a Bat .. missed me and knocked him out whilst the other ran away lol 

2 hours ago, stevehhd said:

How do you travel then ?  Last time I took a tuk-tuk in Phuket after dark was 20 years ago.  400 Bt from Kata to Patong and no negotiation attempt accepted.  Thumbed it back on my own to stop at a couple of places that looked interesting. Got pick pocketed and  everyone told me I deserved it for being " Cheap Charlie "  2.5k for 2 beers and a motorbike ride 3 up in the pissing rain. Bit steeper than a tuk tuk but all part of the experience. Probably got my money back from telling the story to the Tuk Tuk drivers at the Kata rank buying me beers whilst they tried to figure out if I was done by the 2 lads on a motorbike offering me a lift to the boxing or the ladyboy that dragged me out of the rain to shelter and started showing me his new top nuts whilst we tried to hail a lift. All part of the experience. LOL

Well 400 baht is now worth $20 AUD in currency exchange and buying power to your Australian tourist..They've well and truly shit in their own nest buddy!

The main goal of the project is to address the issues that are impacting tourism in Patong and to promptly repair the area’s image.

LOL. Way to late. the area's image has been so negative for such a long time it can not be repaired. Corruption, Jetski Scam, TukTuk Tourist Scam, and so on..... This is not gonna happen. Thailand will get snow and ice sooner then that the name of the tourist industry in phuket and pattaya will change in a positive way.

11 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Hush........I can hear something............Wait...........Definitely a rustling in the air.............what can it be..........the air is electric..........Oh, the anticipation..........yes..........i can feel it is strong now..........it is very, very close...............just over the horizon................

Hurrah !!! here it is, coming to a news outlet near you in the blink of an eye.....................

Honest Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver photo op !!!!!..........................

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ honest tuk tuk driver in phuket

Hahaha... Spot on. The ubiquitous black bag returned cash intact by smiling Tuk Tuk driver

3 hours ago, sydneyjed said:

Well 400 baht is now worth $20 AUD in currency exchange and buying power to your Australian tourist..They've well and truly shit in their own nest buddy!

How far would $20 get you in Sydney do you reckon ? Just a guess ,not far!

Archived