BANGKOK 19 July 2019 06:24
snoop1130

Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, balo said:

Soon there will be no tourists left anyway so they can go back and grow rice on the farms instead.

It's about all they're good for, that - beating their wives - and getting ratarsed.

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker

5 hours ago, balo said:

Soon there will be no tourists left anyway so they can go back and grow rice on the farms instead.

Is that what they grew?

No money in rice.

The government is urging farmers to grow alternatives. 

These guys have been growing rice as an alternative, for years.

Got to make it look legit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helloagain said:

For cheating loose licence. For beating singapore cane them is the only answer. 50 lashes. They never do again. Look on utube

YouTube shows Phuket taxi and tuk tuk drivers getting 50 lashes?

What about the community?

2 hours ago, captnhoy said:

I think the comments so far have covered it pretty well. 
Asking  - check
Enforcing - check

I would like to address the part about Thailand's IMAGE. So much here is about IMAGE and if the image is not good the money, er, people, will stop coming. How about focusing on the EXPERIENCE? If the people had a good time and were treated with respect at a fair price, then they will return, they will tell all their friends and their friends will come too. Then the sheer beauty of the Phuket area will not have to do all the work because the EXPERIENCE was all good.

Smart 'farang' thinking. Unfortunately not welcomed in LOS! These folks are the only people I know who want to re-invent the wheel, rather than copy and/or improve it. They won't learn (or don't want to) from 'farang' BUT they could learn much from their asian neighbours!

Is it a 'cultural' problem for big fish in a small pond? Myopia rules, sadly. 🙄

Airport to Kata, 1000 baht.

Non negotiable. 

Kata to Patong 300 baht.

Non negotiable. 

Beating and kicking and possible molestation/rapes,  free.

• Sad 1

its country wide, and we know it, just look last week a taxi driver charging 3 ladies 500  baht each to go a short distance. they all prey on tourists who know no different.  and this will never stop. when i lived in Bangkok they all wanted 300 baht for a 60 baht ride. there use to be a nice cop by soi 3, who would wave taxis down, and demand they take patrons home using the meter, i have stood by him to see taxis coming along Sukhumvit road, see him, and quickly turn off their FOR HIRE lights

39 minutes ago, Cereal said:

Isn't it amazing that this question even needs to be considered, let alone asked.

Yes- dumb-founding to be exact. Either you control the rip-off people, OR you will be faced with the reality that no one wants to come there. What is it that you are not getting?

Yet you suck the "whatever" out of tourists. Fine..when they stop coming, then you have no one to blame but your idiotic selves.

The whole of the Phuket tuk tuk and taxi business is run by the Islands mafia..everybody knows that.Many have tried to address the on going corruption but all have failed.Larry Cunningham the ex Australian Honourable Consulate General highlighted and tackled many of these rorts,even bringing in the big boys from Bangkok for organised forums.In the end he realised he would get no where and stood down his position after death threats were made.The place is a lawless shithole now with no hope in sight unfortunately!

Arrest them all for bending the laws. I thought the PM wanted to clean up his country.

<deleted>. Can't even control the police to enforce the laws. Stone age.

I hope thez lose all the tourist to the other nice asian countries to learn their lesson.

Foreigners and tourists can solve this problem real quick... stop using Tuktuk and taxis!  Use Grab or public transportation, problem solve.  All these animals will go back to their holes.

Unfortunately, they won't: they will beat up the Grab drivers.

As for public transportation, I use it as much as possible (smart bus airport to Rawai) but I have to say the drivers aren't much more honest: half of the time they accept cash from the passenger and just put it in their pocket.

Everytime ..first out of the traps.