BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snoop1130

Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists

"Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists"

Thais should realise that the "beating of tourists" would immediately lead to arrest, loss of licence and possible imprisonment in any civilised country.

If the driver has a complaint against a passenger, call the police and let them sort it out.

Sorry - I forgot - that would mean ........................................ (fill in your own blanks!) 

17 hours ago, the guest said:

I wouldn't go in a tuk-tuk (taxi) even if you paid me. Complete rip-off !

Not if you get paid … :whistling:

19 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about enforcing the existing laws? Or would that be too much trouble for the police officers?

Enforcing the Laws gives less in the Pocket ...

19 hours ago, madmen said:

Asked, really?  yeah that oughta a fix it

A backround check prior to give a License would be a good start … :thumbsup:

And tuk tuk drivers responded by saying... police please ignore any tourists being scammed, beaten, raped or otherwise taken advantage of by any of our upstanding mafia members. 

Did they ask really, really, really nicely.  

"Pretty please with sugar on top - please stop assaulting and battering the tourist and pretty please stop cheating them  too.  
Please!!!

17 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Yes, please don’t cheat and beat the tourists otherwise we might have to do some work and arrest someone. Now run along you nice Tuk-Tuk people and keep up the good work. Thailand number one. 

I gave them a run for their money a few years back. 2 obnoxious little nobody's demanded 1,000 Baht for a half mile Journey. Told him to take a flying ........ then they pulled out a Bat .. missed me and knocked him out whilst the other ran away lol 

2 hours ago, stevehhd said:

How do you travel then ?  Last time I took a tuk-tuk in Phuket after dark was 20 years ago.  400 Bt from Kata to Patong and no negotiation attempt accepted.  Thumbed it back on my own to stop at a couple of places that looked interesting. Got pick pocketed and  everyone told me I deserved it for being " Cheap Charlie "  2.5k for 2 beers and a motorbike ride 3 up in the pissing rain. Bit steeper than a tuk tuk but all part of the experience. Probably got my money back from telling the story to the Tuk Tuk drivers at the Kata rank buying me beers whilst they tried to figure out if I was done by the 2 lads on a motorbike offering me a lift to the boxing or the ladyboy that dragged me out of the rain to shelter and started showing me his new top nuts whilst we tried to hail a lift. All part of the experience. LOL

Well 400 baht is now worth $20 AUD in currency exchange and buying power to your Australian tourist..They've well and truly shit in their own nest buddy!

And in today's edition of 'Headlines You Never Thought You Would Read'..... 😐

22 hours ago, madmen said:

Asked, really?  yeah that oughta a fix it

I heard, that he said "pretty please...."

The main goal of the project is to address the issues that are impacting tourism in Patong and to promptly repair the area’s image.

LOL. Way to late. the area's image has been so negative for such a long time it can not be repaired. Corruption, Jetski Scam, TukTuk Tourist Scam, and so on..... This is not gonna happen. Thailand will get snow and ice sooner then that the name of the tourist industry in phuket and pattaya will change in a positive way.

11 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

Hush........I can hear something............Wait...........Definitely a rustling in the air.............what can it be..........the air is electric..........Oh, the anticipation..........yes..........i can feel it is strong now..........it is very, very close...............just over the horizon................

Hurrah !!! here it is, coming to a news outlet near you in the blink of an eye.....................

Honest Phuket Tuk Tuk Driver photo op !!!!!..........................

à¸à¸¥à¸à¸²à¸£à¸à¹à¸à¸«à¸²à¸£à¸¹à¸à¸ à¸²à¸à¸ªà¸³à¸«à¸£à¸±à¸ honest tuk tuk driver in phuket

Hahaha... Spot on. The ubiquitous black bag returned cash intact by smiling Tuk Tuk driver

Sorry, too late-look forward to only mass Chinese tours, until a few more busses go off the road and wipe a few dozen more out-people are giving up on Thailand 

3 hours ago, sydneyjed said:

Well 400 baht is now worth $20 AUD in currency exchange and buying power to your Australian tourist..They've well and truly shit in their own nest buddy!

How far would $20 get you in Sydney do you reckon ? Just a guess ,not far!