Patong taxi, tuk-tuk drivers asked to stop cheating, beating tourists

snoop1130

On 6/4/2019 at 7:03 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

How about enforcing the existing laws? Or would that be too much trouble for the police officers?

laws around here are meant to be ignored same as underage drivers selling alcohol to minors (even if they're not buying it for their selves)     

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, the guest said:

I wouldn't go in a tuk-tuk (taxi) even if you paid me. Complete rip-off !

Agree, rent a bike or car.

Worst case scenario: First he try to rip you off and when you give the right fare and walk in the lobby of your hotel is he right behind and stab you with a knife (happened in Phuket a few years back).

On a visit to KORAT recently, Taxi Drivers there actually "turn-on the Taxi Meters"!!! But in Pattaya - such things are unheard of - it's (over-priced) fixed rates only - even though the Sign "METERED TAXI" is displayed on the roof????

On 6/4/2019 at 8:05 AM, madmen said:

Asked, really?  yeah that oughta a fix it

Really...you either do it or you're gone...simple! I am amazed at the stupidity....lack of resolve....and most of all - correcting a negative image that I'm sure enough tourists can attest to. Instead of your round-ups for over-stayers or a superficial crack-down on "legal" prostitution, if you want to market Thailand to foreigners, then show some balls and DO SOMETHING! I am absolutely amazed at the lack of intelligence in these matters. It goes on and on and on. 

Archived