Tourist Police catch foreign tourist who outraged Thais with yoga poses at sacred sites

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pathetic sad people with nothing better to do then create stupidity and storms within tea cups. Get a life!

I thought showing the soles of feet impolite but witness many Thai openingly showing the soles of their feet at many public places including scared ones...

Rule for Thai but another for foreigners as with the unfair pricing of products, services, entrance fees and so on...

Vitimisation yet again placed on an easy farang target. Sorry foreigner.

Paradise.

A famous nude yoga girl recently posted pictures nude on beach in Thailand.  She posts from all over the world.  She is beautiful and the pictures are not sexual.  She is trying to change how people view nudity.  Bravo 

11 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

As long as "Thai netizens" can vent their childish anger over trifle things like this, they won't bother going out on the streets protesting the increasingly oppressive regime, the corruption that's spiraling out of control, the shameless shenanigans of our so-called "representatives" in forming a government, the frequent assaults from "unknown persons" on pro-democracy activists, the appalling daily death toll on our streets, and the glaringly two-tiered (in)justice system. You know... stuff that really deserves to become outraged about.    

Thais deserve their government.

4 hours ago, Elkski said:

A famous nude yoga girl recently posted pictures nude on beach in Thailand.  She posts from all over the world.  She is beautiful and the pictures are not sexual.  She is trying to change how people view nudity.  Bravo 

Link please. :thumbsup:

15 hours ago, off road pat said:

Yep,...but she can always take more pictures and post them later when she's safe in her country.

It doesn't bother me, people driving at crazy speeds or drunk or under influence or on the wrong side of the road do bother me !!!

This requires real police doing road patrol and having the moral character to not be bribed.  i.e. real police work.  Catching yoga girl is easier

14 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

As long as "Thai netizens" can vent their childish anger over trifle things like this, they won't bother going out on the streets protesting the increasingly oppressive regime, the corruption that's spiraling out of control, the shameless shenanigans of our so-called "representatives" in forming a government, the frequent assaults from "unknown persons" on pro-democracy activists, the appalling daily death toll on our streets, and the glaringly two-tiered (in)justice system. You know... stuff that really deserves to become outraged about.    

This requires a system wide team of dedicated, well trained police that have the foundation of good moral character...

12 hours ago, djayz said:

With all the problems this country is facing - environmental, potilitical, the wealth gap, substandard education, road safety, to name but a few - I sincerely believe that this is the least of their concerns. 

If the authorities reacted as swiftly and competently against the more serious issues here, this could be a truely amazing place to live. 

This requires a leader that is capable of leading a country, a person of ....  

5 hours ago, Elkski said:

Pointless post without the link!

16 hours ago, baansgr said:

Exactly what crime was commited in order for a tourist to be sought and interviewed/threatened by the police?

Sometimes when you're in a foreign country it's not always about committing a crime by breaking a law...

it's social behaviour.. called etiquette !!

Some thing you just don't need to do.... 

What about the person who took the pictures. Then there is the Chinese lady tourist who poised nude at Jomtien beach and  is still at large somewhere. I think she poses more of a threat to Prayut’s 12 values of Thainness which are otherwise strictly observed in the Pattya area.

Well just proves the push on TM30 regulation was required .

Can't let Yoga bad guys get away with better selfies than the thai's, I bet they well pi55ed looking at her artful images compared to their bland facebook efforts .

Everyone posting messages on this topic critical of the Tourist Police will soon find that they are required to fill out and complete in triplicate the newly designed TM12000 form, which must be submitted for every message posted to TVF, along with screen captures, and information from your internet provider detailing your account information.

Probably best not to have a done what she did but I like that the tourist police don't have bigger fish to fry. Means that there are no real criminals kicking around and no real or obvious dangers to tourists that these police should be pursuing. 

Archived