BANGKOK 19 June 2019 14:37
racyrick

Received Form 7162 From SSA

Just wanted to let people know that I just received my 7162 Form (aka are you still alive) today from SSA.

Quite early this year as I usually get it about the 3rd week of June.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What city are you in?

25 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What city are you in?

Khon Kaen

• Like 1

Got mine today here in Ubon.

I'm in Bangkok....neither me or my family member have rec'd the form yet....hopefully soon.

18 hours ago, Pib said:

I'm in Bangkok....neither me or my family member have rec'd the form yet....hopefully soon.

Update: Rec'd mine today, 6 Jun 19, but my family member did not...hopefully it will show-up soon as we both have exactly the same address.    

Hubby got his in Chiang Mai yesterday.  

Bangkok, 10110, arrived yesterday or today.

Nope. In Jomtien. Sorry to be a pessimist but if it doesn't ever arrive is there a way to ask them to send it again?
Yes I realize it's way too early to worry about that but surely it happens.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Nope. In Jomtien. Sorry to be a pessimist but if it doesn't ever arrive is there a way to ask them to send it again?

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You can request thru Manila, but they will send another one in September if they do not receive your form back.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

They will send another one if they have not received the first one after 60 days. If you do not get the 2nd one by about 90 days from now you would need to contact Manila about it.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Sorry to be a pessimist but if it doesn't ever arrive is there a way to ask them to send it again?

Have you ever received any mail from the SSA (1099-SSA, annual benefits letter, this 7162) at your current address? I assume you've provided your current address?

You can always download the form, and mail it in, maybe add a cover letter or note advising on your current address?

(the address on my return envelope)

Social Security Administration

PO Box 7162

Wilkes Barre, PA 18767-7162

United States of America

https://secure.ssa.gov/apps10/poms/images/SSA7/G-SSA-7162-OCR-SM-1.pdf

• Like 1

just went to the local P.O. today and the 7162 had arrived...it coulda arrived sooner, dunno...hadn't been in a couple of weeks...

interestingly the date at the top of the document is 'JUN. 07 2019' which is today, the IRS woulda needed to dispatch their own courier pigeon from Wilkes Barre to have it get here that fast to gently deposit the document in my local P.O. Box...

Mine had the same 7 Jun date. That date is probably the starting date for your 60 day response time...the form arriving back to SSA.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2019 at 7:41 PM, Pib said:

They are mailed from Wilkes Barre PA on the 15th of May. If they don't receive a return by 1 September they send put another form.  If they don't receive a return by the end of the year they stop your payments starting with the February payment next year.  I live in the boonles of Nakhon Sawan Province and haven't received mine yet but mail delivery here is only once a week unless there is an EMS.  Nothing to worry about yet!