BANGKOK 26 June 2019 01:17
racyrick

Received Form 7162 From SSA

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Just curious... a 19 pound USPS Priority mail package to Thailand is a pretty expensive mailing....  A suitable kind of hydraulic pump isn't available here closer to "home"?  You'd think agricultural machinery wouldn't be a problem here....

I could probably order it new from the John Deere dealer in Lopburi but would still have to pay sipping and a possible dealer markup.  The one that I bought from the states is a rebuilt pump, not available through the dealer, at less than 1/3 the cost of a new one.  USPS priority Mail International was $128.55., and it arrived in 6 days and 18 hours from shipment.  DHL and Fed Ex were about &200.00 and neither one has a reliable customs clearance or delivery network in Thailand, been there, done that.  USPS is the most reliable and is definitely getting quicker and improving their tracking software with Thai Post.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, wayned said:

I could probably order it new from the John Deere dealer in Lopburi but would still have to pay sipping and a possible dealer markup.  The one that I bought from the states is a rebuilt pump, not available through the dealer, at less than 1/3 the cost of a new one.  USPS priority Mail International was $128.55., and it arrived in 6 days and 18 hours from shipment.  DHL and Fed Ex were about &200.00 and neither one has a reliable customs clearance or delivery network in Thailand, been there, done that.  USPS is the most reliable and is definitely getting quicker and improving their tracking software with Thai Post.

Thanks!  That explains it... Ya, I was just curious as to why..... Getting a rebuilt would explain it.

As for sending packages of any value, definitely, avoid especially DHL and even FedEx if at all possible. USPS or similar is the way to go.  I shudder to think what DHL would have charged you if they had gotten their grubby hands on your package.

Just now, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Thanks!  That explains it... Ya, I was just curious as to why..... Getting a rebuilt would explain it.

As for sending packages of any value, definitely, avoid especially DHL and even FedEx if at all possible. USPS or similar is the way to go.  I shudder to think what DHL would have charged you if they had gotten their grubby hands on your package.

DHL was &203.77.  The one and only package that was shipped to me DHL as a low cost box containing spices.  It was shipped from the east coast and was delivered by the local motorbike noodle vendor 2 weeks after DHL said that it was lost.I order a lot of parts from the US as I bought three John Deere combines and had them disassembled, containerized and shipped here where we assembled them  All of the JD parts prices are ridiculous.  I buy bearings and gatherer chains from China.  One bearing in a JD box from the JD dealer was 5600 baht.  I got the same bearing in a brown box with the JD number stamped on it from china for 600 baht.  They manufacture bearings for JD and supply them to me in Brown boxes but still have the JD part number stamped on them.

7 minutes ago, wayned said:

I buy bearings and gatherer chains from China.  One bearing in a JD box from the JD dealer was 5600 baht.  I got the same bearing in a brown box with the JD number stamped on it from china for 600 baht.  They manufacture bearings for JD and supply them to me in Brown boxes but still have the JD part number stamped on them.

I just forwarded your post to Donald.  I expect he'll mail you a "tariff" bill of Bt5,000 via registered mail.  😉

46 minutes ago, Pib said:

I just forwarded your post to Donald.  I expect he'll mail you a "tariff" bill of Bt5,000 via registered mail.  😉

And I will retaliate with his normal tactics;

First I'll flatter him, then I'll bully him and finally, when all else fails, I'll sue him, but I'll never pay him a dime!

• Like 1