BANGKOK 19 June 2019 14:34
Thaivisa Web Content Team

Visa Applicants May Now Need to Give 5 Years of Social Media Accounts

On 6/9/2019 at 3:47 AM, sirineou said:

It sound too draconian. I am sure there will be legal challenges..

It is  being  inflicted  on visa applicants. Not sure if they will have much legal recourse.

But certainly a big hammer to wield! If the ultimate Big Brother database  can be cross linked to any  forgotten or discarded telephone number or social media account it is going to raise some issues if not the disclosure of total invasions of privacy.

Sieg Heil .... soon there will be 'special camps' ... oh wait! There already are ... for those nasty Mexican immigrants who've stayed illegally in the US and carried large chunks of the economy for decades.

9 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

i have a USA phone also. no way i am going to be able to delete every single photo sent and received from 158 chats on LINE, hundreds of chats on WeChat, Tinder, Badoo, Beetalk, SayHi, Instagram, TikTok and Thai Friendly. all accounts of course not my real name.

on my Thai phone I have fake facebook name just so i can do business with Thai people.

when you retire and settle down with one girl you'll be able to go back to one phone... lol (like that's gonna happen!)

On 6/9/2019 at 6:24 PM, BritManToo said:

Next step is to have everyone reporting their address whenever they spend a night away from home.

Sounds familiar. I think I know a country where they do that. It's on my lips, but I can't remember which country that was 555

It would be completely impossible for the Yanks to look everybody up, even in these days of cybersurveillance.

Brand-new Gmail account & YouTube are enough. No Facebook, Twitter, etc, ossifer, sorry.

On 6/5/2019 at 1:05 PM, ParadiseLost said:

Not everyone is 12 years old - some of us have real lives.

Imagine the disbelief, shock and horror when you inform them you don't have any ...they are sure to 'tweet' about that - twits...

The irony that you don’t realize you are signed into a social media site right now seems lost on you.

• Haha 1

On 6/5/2019 at 4:59 PM, Puchaiyank said:

Holy cow poop!  The US has gone completely bonkers...this is unjustified intrusion into people's personal lives...shameful!

I'd take this any day of the week over the insane 24 hour address registration. Which is a more unjustified intrusion into someone's personal life? 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, insouciant said:

I'd take this any day of the week over the insane 24 hour address registration. Which is a more unjustified intrusion into someone's personal life? 

In George Orwell's book: 1984...citizens are tracked 24/7...this is where governments are headed...

In his book...if I remember correctly...the "Thought Police" could arrest one for improper thinking...tracking one's social media accounts are the prelude...

Edited by Puchaiyank
  • Like 1