General Prayut returns as prime minister

webfact

7 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

The alternative was a Johnny-Come-Lately who bought himself a political party, made a lot of hot air promises, and wants to be PM. That worked so well last time it was tried.

Take a look at history and the neighbouring democracies. Gone are the corrupt Shinawatras with their insane rice scam, and secret commissions when selling it, and govt. ministers running their own scam in a scam. We haven't had the fake democracy of Cambodia, the murderous drug purges of PI, or a 1MDB stealing billions. Instead a stable government and continuing prosperity.

Those of you advocating political violence should take one big reality check. Thais don't want it, and that is why 8+ million voted voted for PPRP.

This comment has some merit, think about it carefully.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the positives, the anti-Prayut bloc of 244 remained united and none cross over while the Dem and BJT betrayed their people again. Prayut will not find much joy in Parliament and he will not have his way like in the past. Article 44 will have to be rescinded once the government is formed. People are allowed to voice their grievances under the constitution and allowed to gather and protest if the government step out of line. How will he handle all that with his thin skin and penchant for throwing tantrums and without the martial law and internet censorship that he declared. Now the economic dark clouds ahead will be on his laps as the world heads towards a recession. If he manage well, it may throw him a lifeline; if not it will be too hot for him to handle. 

There is alot I could say but I cant. Ahh well at least its not my country as I am always reminded

and so I had better simply self-muzzle as to do anything else is utterly pointless. I do however feel sympathy for the Thai people themselves.

33 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

The alternative was a Johnny-Come-Lately who bought himself a political party, made a lot of hot air promises, and wants to be PM. That worked so well last time it was tried.

Take a look at history and the neighbouring democracies. Gone are the corrupt Shinawatras with their insane rice scam, and secret commissions when selling it, and govt. ministers running their own scam in a scam. We haven't had the fake democracy of Cambodia, the murderous drug purges of PI, or a 1MDB stealing billions. Instead a stable government and continuing prosperity.

Those of you advocating political violence should take one big reality check. Thais don't want it, and that is why 8+ million voted voted for PPRP.

Um, take away the 250 military positions and take another look.

37 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

And over 27 million people did not vote for PRP so don't give us the Thais don't want this BS.

5 hours ago, neeray said:

“For when the One Great Scorer

comes to mark against your name,

He writes not that you won or lost,

but how you played the game!”

– Grantland Rice

VAR was prohibited in this game lest a fair and correct result ensued 

45 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Actually, when Abhisit was the Democrat leader he said they would not support Prayut. He resigned after the election and they eventually elected another leader and chose to support Prayut, whereupon Abhisit resigned as an MP.

So while it is ironic that a Democrat party would vote for a coup leader, don’t blame it on Abhisit. He is one of the few Thai MPs with a conscience.

The irony is that Abhisit did everything he could to make sure Prayuth was appointed army chief in 2010. For obvious reasons.

49 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Actually, when Abhisit was the Democrat leader he said they would not support Prayut. He resigned after the election and they eventually elected another leader and chose to support Prayut, whereupon Abhisit resigned as an MP.

So while it is ironic that a Democrat party would vote for a coup leader, don’t blame it on Abhisit. He is one of the few Thai MPs with a conscience.

He only resigned as MP and not from the party so later if he wants he can get back on board and I have no doubt he will.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

What has reducing road trauma / deaths got to do with getting your snout into the trough - bugger-all... 

Agreed, but it will show the idiots up who voted for him and the idiot farangs who support him. ????

Sad, sad, sad yet they think they are doing the 'right thing'. Thais always have a way of convincing themselves they do the 'right thing' even if they kill someone. They are ethics 'blind' it's just in their culture and that's why they can steal, bribe and kill easily with 'a smile'. After all, the rich are born to rule right?  ????

46 minutes ago, PJPom said:

This comment has some merit, think about it carefully.

55 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

I am not sure what 'political violence' is and who on the forum advocated such. The masses can protest peacefully either by petitions or some such method. This could have been delivered to news people or some other organization. With that, the masses ( I mean millions) dissatisfaction of the regime would have been known. It may have been disregarded by the regime but that is beside the point. It didn't happen. No one wants physical violence and if anyone had suggested it I'm sure the moderators would have deleted it. 

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“I was born when Thailand was at the same stage of development as South Korea, but now Vietnam, which joined the economic race much later, looks set to leap ahead of Thailand,” Thanathorn said, adding “I’m ready to lead Thailand into the future.”

True but the Junta has only been in charge the past 5 years and Thailand has been falling behind for decades. Corrupt politicians from all the major parties, in particular, the last three elected governments. Not sure what the future holds but I will not be holding my breath waiting for things to get better. 

2 minutes ago, Ulic said:

True but the Junta has only been in charge the past 5 years and Thailand has been falling behind for decades. Corrupt politicians from all the major parties, in particular, the last three elected governments. Not sure what the future holds but I will not be holding my breath waiting for things to get better. 

I think what Thanathorn was saying that military governments including post coup governments have been in charge more years than elected governments. Moreover the military governments were more inclined to corruption due to their tendency to intimidate and harass those who question.  

1 hour ago, sweatalot said:

No, I really wish this. Do you not want democracy in Thailand? Do you not wish they have a skilful and really democratic leader?

Wishing is aloud, isn't it?

Now he is PM, now I want him to do his jobfor the people and well.

What is wrong with this?

Don't we all want this?

And if you think I' m sarcastic ....

After his military "intervention" and subsequent self appointment to PM he could have already been doing what you wish for! Did he? NO! NO! NO! 

Has he ever had the RTP doing what it should be doing. No. Why, I wonder. The Police outnumber the Army - does he have a concern about that, perhaps? Doesn't want to "upset" anyone? 

No need for a shamlection that in essence will change little.

A democracy that farang knows and understands and expects of Thailand is probably never going to work (as in most Asian nations- the exception is probably Japan). You cannot rid this country of feudalism, corruption and cronyism overnight.

Keep dreaming (good luck on that) but it will probably follow you to your grave. 

Archived