General Prayut returns as prime minister

webfact

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ulic said:

True but the Junta has only been in charge the past 5 years and Thailand has been falling behind for decades. Corrupt politicians from all the major parties, in particular, the last three elected governments. Not sure what the future holds but I will not be holding my breath waiting for things to get better. 

Wrong on too may counts to mention.

Thailand has very, very, very rarely been led by elected citizens.

400px-Evolution_of_Thai_constitutions_1932-2006_not_bold.png.229b2382631bf6a7196b84affbacb2d3.png

(of the years 2006 through to 2019, barely 5 have been under elected governments)

wow even counting the 250 false votes and the extra 10 the commission gave the general if they were not counted as votes the general still would have won only votes that are not added in the general favor is the brought votes which no one knows at this stage so Thailand has brought this on themselves

So that's 250 vs 244 votes if you leave out the appointed sycophants. Without the vote rigging in favor of those obscure micro parties and the entirely undemocratic Senate, it's easy to see what the voters' actual mandate was.

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

The international community should now turn its back, on Thailand, after all, what is Thailand to the rest of the world, except one big brothel... and that's all it really is.

Judging the content of your comment - you, Aussie999, can't be very bright...

Suggest to look at you home country first before commenting on others!

26 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Didn't they all the 2017 constitutional revisions to take place? Was that not put to a vote? Someone got snookered. 

Not really. Nobody other than the Junta were allowed to talk about the content of what was being voted on.

Lies come in many forms - and are frequently pushed by the 'press'.

This article is a prime example of what I mean: 'Prayut RETURNS as Prime Minister.'

NO!

He has not 'returned': he NEVER WENT AWAY.

The honest headline should read: 'Prayut Continues as Unelected Prime Minister'.

There.

Done!

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

Didn't they all the 2017 constitutional revisions to take place? Was that not put to a vote? Someone got snookered. 

You do remember that you weren't allowed to campaign against the constitution so a lot of what was in it was hidden from the ordinary Thai voter. So I state again the Thais did not choose this.

In May 2019 Thailand bought 37 “ striker “ vehicles from USA. The US government gave Thailand 23 more for free.............( Hey, buy one get one free! )Total of 60. These are fast moving armored, armed,land based, tire driven personnel carrying vehicles designed for ( aside from armed warfare) ............crowd control !!! ( those pesky crowds) Currently stored in the BKK area. Recently purchased 2017/2018, 38 VT-4s tanks, 3 S26T submarines, all manufactured in China . Total Thb 42.9 BILLION. That’s a lot of housing and infrastructure. Pull up a chair, get some popcorn, it’s going to be interesting. Oh, and a prayer for Thailand couldn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

While Thais argue and fret over who is best qualified to lead the country forward many neighboring countries have stabilized their governments and are focused on promoting progressive economic policies...

Thailand is poised to decline while MPs jockey for positions of power...motivated by the need for greed...

Meanwhile, a steady dose of daily glitter, flowers, gifts, pomp and circumstance...

"Meanwhile, a steady dose of daily glitter, flowers, gifts, pomp and circumstance..."

Medals, ribbons, stripes, ranks etc, etc, etc :cheesy:

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

Does he keep his rank now there is supposed to be an ordinary government in power. 

Army ranks in the government, police, and immigration, who's next, the security guards? :cheesy:

...and nuts to you lance corporal (acting, unpaid) how dare you question the hierarchy....?

7 hours ago, Cadbury said:

"If a "democratic" military government is running the country where will the next coup come from?" 

The security guards with their whistles. Only a matter of time before they start giving themselves ranks.

This is Thailand.:cheesy:

22 minutes ago, Pancho said:

In May 2019 Thailand bought 37 “ striker “ vehicles from USA. The US government gave Thailand 23 more for free.............( Hey, buy one get one free! )Total of 60. These are fast moving armored, armed,land based, tire driven personnel carrying vehicles designed for ( aside from armed warfare) ............crowd control !!! ( those pesky crowds) Currently stored in the BKK area. Recently purchased 2017/2018, 38 VT-4s tanks, 3 S26T submarines, all manufactured in China . Total Thb 42.9 BILLION. That’s a lot of housing and infrastructure. Pull up a chair, get some popcorn, it’s going to be interesting. Oh, and a prayer for Thailand couldn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I would like to see my government shut that sale down, but I doubt it. We should not be doing business with tinpot dictators.

Archived