MPs ‘offered millions’ to vote for Prayut

webfact

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, webfact said:

Pannika said there was no way the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party would be able to form a stable government with just 150 seats in the lower house, which is why it was offering huge sums to many parties in exchange for votes. 

How would buying 13 votes for Prayuth as PM, which he clearly did not need by the result, help him to form a stable government? There is no suggestion made that those MPs should defect, only to vote for Prayuth as PM. OTOH their illogical claims create the suspicion that those who did vote for him were paid to do so, a political gain for FFP at little cost.

When we start hearing names, dates and times, perhaps even a tape of the offers allegedly made, the claims might have some credibility. 

6 hours ago, champers said:

Where does the money for the alleged bribes come from?

Where did the money to fund Sutheps antics come from?

Those antics we're designed to put this government into power, these antics are part of the process to keep it in power.

The stakes are very high - when a small cabal "knock off" an entire country it costs a lot of money, but the returns are very good.

5 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Here's your chance netizens, does this outrage you or is it only four year old photos of naked girls at kilometer markers and rip of tuk tuk drivers that get you going? Maybe doing yoga at a temple is worse!

problem is most Thai's won't be aware of this, and doubtful if they would even raise an eyebrow if they were aware.  

2 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

How would buying 13 votes for Prayuth as PM, which he clearly did not need by the result, help him to form a stable government? There is no suggestion made that those MPs should defect, only to vote for Prayuth as PM. OTOH their illogical claims create the suspicion that those who did vote for him were paid to do so, a political gain for FFP at little cost.

When we start hearing names, dates and times, perhaps even a tape of the offers allegedly made, the claims might have some credibility. 

You asked the same question yesterday. I offer the same answer.

The value in persuading a number of Future Forward MPs to vote (in a public ballot) for Prayut is not in helping the general to his seat, that was arranged and fixed long ago. There is however a strong, popular and effective opposition, which will make governing difficult and if it grows may force the government from office - or more probably force it to abandon the veneer of democracy and return to more authoritarian practises. What better way to damage and embarrass, possibly even break, that opposition coalition than to have a number of it's members, particularly the "new force" vote publically for Prayut as Prime Minister. 

9 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

It doesn't need much brainpower to find the answer to this question. Only the 13 MPs who did not accept the bribes were revealed. Think about how many people DID accept the offers. That number is unknown to us. How high could that number be? Surely high enough to give him the additional votes he needed. 

1 minute ago, JAG said:

You asked the same question yesterday. I offer the same answer.

The value in persuading a number of Future Forward MPs to vote (in a public ballot) for Prayut is not in helping the general to his seat, that was arranged and fixed long ago. There is however a strong, popular and effective opposition, which will make governing difficult and if it grows may force the government from office - or more probably force it to abandon the veneer of democracy and return to more authoritarian practises. What better way to damage and embarrass, possibly even break, that opposition coalition than to have a number of it's members, particularly the "new force" vote publically for Prayut as Prime Minister. 

I called that BS then and now. Why are all the claims coming from FFP and not from the minor parties or PTP? Who benefits from the unsupported accusations?

1 minute ago, Dario said:

It doesn't need much brainpower to find the answer to this question. Only the 13 MPs who did not accept the bribes were revealed. Think about how many people DID accept the offers. That number is unknown to us. How high could that number be? Surely high enough to give him the additional votes he needed. 

Yes, that suspicion is raised by these accusations, and that is the major benefit of them, other than FFPs claim to proven honesty. Now, who do you nominate as an MP who changed their voting position?

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pannika said there was no way the pro-junta Phalang Pracharat Party would be able to form a stable government with just 150 seats in the lower house, which is why it was offering huge sums to many parties in exchange for votes. 

She's only a tiny thing too.....the PPRP wouldn't need much concrete.

1 hour ago, Ozman52 said:

That's pretty obvious isn't it?
But anyway they will claim Prayuth would have won even without the senate vote.

If I were offered money of more than 75 million baht I think I would be very tempted to hold out my hand and say thank you but the money would have to be paid before any vote and I think that is where the problem would be getting the money upfront and that why many would decline the offer as they only see a broken promise.

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

problem is most Thai's won't be aware of this, and doubtful if they would even raise an eyebrow if they were aware.  

From my impressions (and I could be wrong), most Thais would think there is nothing wrong with this kind of thing.... it seems morally acceptable to offer and take bribes here... just like a purchases of goods from a shop.

Good on them who stood up and said what is happening.

I do not think the corrupt coalition will last long when those who signed up for a lot less than 120mil realise they were done, I am sure those that have no scruples about taking a bribe would have no scruples about walking away from an agreement.

Just now, Basil B said:

Good on them who stood up and said what is happening.

I do not think the corrupt coalition will last long when those who signed up for a lot less than 120mil realise they were done, I am sure those that have no scruples about taking a bribe would have no scruples about walking away from an agreement.

It's a coalition of 19 parties! Probably a world record. There were already rumour of unhappiness from the Sam Mitr group who has to give up the lucrative ministerial position of Agriculture and Commerce to the Dem. The coalition was not formed due to common principles or ideologies but from greed and corruption. They unlikely to be cohesive and work with common interest if their rewards are not meet. 

9 hours ago, champers said:

Where does the money for the alleged bribes come from?

The gang hit pay dirt when they awarded all the current BTS construction projects and as well as funds from China that flowed into their pockets for the high-speed rail line that will run north to south. 

2 hours ago, Ozman52 said:

Don't be naive for christ's sake!   These are the 13 that we know about!

Do you think those others that accepted are going to step forward?

Think before you type.

Interesting dilemma:

"Briber" offers 11th hour vote bribe of 50 million baht (hundred, whatever).

But funds are in offshore account. Maybe recipient doesn't have account to transfer to.

"Briber" says we will transfer after vote. Recipient agrees (fool).

Vote happens. Briber jerks around, stalls, no funds paid.

Recipient is screwed. Can't say that he/she accepted a bribe but briber defaulted. No recourse.

Similar to a vacationer getting robbed by a whore. No legal recourse otherwise the dirty little secret gets out.

39 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Don't be naive for christ's sake!   These are the 13 that we know about!

Do you think those others that accepted are going to step forward?

Think before you type.

Take another glass of Kool-aid, and tell me who you suspect of being the ones we don't know about and why?

Then you explain the logic behind the claim as made by FFP.

Love the message though: Take the money, join the club. 

"Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith.....

Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name.
But what's confusing you
Is just the nature of my game."

index.jpg.16da2a26bd5078b3b79c4f251ac72b54.jpg

Caveat: I'm a Buddhist, but some things over a course of time...well...resonant.  

Somebody needs to blow the whistle and name names. Hadn't any MPs of those offered bribes  the nouse to tape what was offered and by whom?

Or are they all too concerned about the possible consequences in a country where people can be disappeared for far more trivial things.

If it were anywhere else, those in the firing line of these extraordinary claims would be  demanding the evidence to justify them or their withdrawal.

The fact this isn't happening leads to the assumption that there's fire behind the smoke.

47 minutes ago, Ozman52 said:

Take another glass of Kool-aid, and tell me who you suspect of being the ones we don't know about and why?

Then you explain the logic behind the claim as made by FFP.

Do you live here? Do you know anything about how politics works here? Have you not read about the billions of baht going missing in every government since the constitution began?

I suggest you have some carrot juice. Maybe it will open your eyes wide enough, so you can see past those rose tinted spectacles you are wearing.

You do know that there is no word for logic in the Thai Language, don't you???? ????

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

C'MON just prove it , come up with some evidence, They maybe just saying that to make the Other party look more dirtier than what they are.    ????

In a Normal country, giving people up doesn't usually result in your death.

Here, on the other hand, well ............................ ????

1 hour ago, ThaiBunny said:

And fall foul of Thailand's draconian libel laws

If there is sufficient evidence to convict someone on a bribery and corruption charge, any libel threat becomes irrelevant.

Archived