Japanese man arrested on nearly 19 year overstay in Thailand

webfact

So the hunting force was successful again. What I don't get is the fact, that 19 years ago the immigration was already computerized and - against all odds - pretty well organized. I had lost a TM6 card and they found the TM6-number within seconds based on my name.

If they would run an ageing list, i.e. of all those with expired stays but not having left the kingdom, it might be that the computer crashes for good.

Quite obviously the Japanese is and was no burden to Thailand and getting "repatriated" with 76 ....... although it is clear that the Japanese is at fault.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One: He has broken the law. Two: 19 years it would seem as though he's ok and didn't cause any problems. Three: Some __________ (add any expletive you like) lagged this bloke in and probably got a few hundred baht for it. Dob in your neighbour. What a ________(you all know the expletive) thing that is. All in all you have to feel a bit sorry for him. On the other hand he might be a complete _________(add any expletive you like) and has been hiding here avoiding the legal consequences of previous actions.

12 hours ago, JaiLai said:

How do you know that?

Immigration might have been doing the rounds and noticed a foriegner so thought they'd check coz they'd not seen him in local office?

Under the radar anything is possible. Good on him.allways like to see imagration stuffed 

This was obviously a big event for the cops up there. Nawna listed the names and titles of all officers involved in the arrest and showed a photograph of six of them posing behind the little old Japanese guy who has indeed broken the law but in a victimless crime, compared to all the murders, rapes, robbery, drug dealing etc going on in Petchabun. I would have thought one junior plod from Immigration and another from the local cop shop would have sufficed leaving the senior cops free to be out catching real criminals. 

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Must be fake news; the Brainless of Bangkok told us months ago that there were NO more overstayers in Thailand and they had all been rounded up !

You have beat that horse to death. Translation of Thai and English language is complex at best and not always accurate and if you studied the languages then maybe you would understand. 

12 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes immigration are working hard finding those overstaying.

They should target the criminals and not a (likely) harmless 76 years old Japanese man, just leave him alone. If he stayed here for 19 years, what do he have in Japan, likely nothing, he will be lost when he land in Japan, it's really sad.

Congratulations to Thai immigration ruining another life, well done.  

We will never know the real story about this guy and what happened. 

Maybe he was a Yakuza hit man and legged it to Thailand many years ago.  Is there a close up photo of his hands, sans a finger or two? 

Perhaps a paedophile - wouldn't be the first elderly foreigner partial to kiddy fiddling to be banged up. 

All of the above is pure speculation, like every other comment on this thread. 

22 hours ago, JaiLai said:

How do you know that?

Immigration might have been doing the rounds and noticed a foriegner so thought they'd check coz they'd not seen him in local office?

His color! If he was white I would agree but he isn't. 

22 hours ago, colinneil said:

Silly bugger upset someone, maybe an ex-wife, maybe someone who asked to borrow money.

Immigration did not just turn up without out someone snitching on him.

Or his run of luck just ran out?

16 hours ago, guzzi850m2 said:

Yes immigration are working hard finding those overstaying.

They should target the criminals and not a (likely) harmless 76 years old Japanese man, just leave him alone. If he stayed here for 19 years, what do he have in Japan, likely nothing, he will be lost when he land in Japan, it's really sad.

Congratulations to Thai immigration ruining another life, well done.  

There seems to be no compassion in this Buddhist country,as you say at 76 apart from overstay what has this guy done wrong in the last 19 yrs ? he should be given a pardon. Now i am wondering has he even got an up to date passport,maybe he has Alzheimer and simply forgot the last 19 yrs. :giggle:   

16 hours ago, moe666 said:

Been coming and going in Thailand since 1998, living here in CM for 9 years never stopped and asked for my passport in all those years. Even traffic stops never been asked for passport. Maybe the vivid imagination some of the posters here have is just that imagination

Same, same after nearly 13 years of living here !

14 hours ago, Arkady said:

This was obviously a big event for the cops up there. Nawna listed the names and titles of all officers involved in the arrest and showed a photograph of six of them posing behind the little old Japanese guy who has indeed broken the law but in a victimless crime, compared to all the murders, rapes, robbery, drug dealing etc going on in Petchabun. I would have thought one junior plod from Immigration and another from the local cop shop would have sufficed leaving the senior cops free to be out catching real criminals. 

They all want their five minutes of fame. Probably get a picture framed and put on Mums wall to show how 'brave' son is apprehending dangerous criminals when not counting fines, bribes and drinking coffee or something 'a little stronger' !

I hope that Mr. Nakahara doesn't join the ranks of the homeless in one of the Japanese cities.  I have an elderly American friend who is provided a room in a Japanese retirement facility.  His room is about 4 X 6 meters and provides room for a bed, chair and Japanese TV with a small sink, tiny refrigerator and small toilet by the entrance.  The whole place is very spartan and not comfortable but it is new and in a decent neighborhood.  It's livable on a basic level but loneliness is a big problem.  Retirement under the Japanese Healthcare System is only bearable if you have significant savings.  Many Japanese do.  Mr. Nakahara probably has none.

That’s 100 times better than retirement with no money in America which means homeless on dangerous streets, stinking in filthy clothes and usually inclement weather.
It iwould be better to be be in Thailand in a walk up apartment with shower, toilet and and a fan too but if you can’t stump up the 800k deposit that won’t fly anymore.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:28 PM, tandor said:

..oh well..he had a good run..hope he ends up ok.

Yeah, I think he will be ok if not better off...blacklisted is NOT all that bad.  It's a favor or compliment in disguise.  Like a woman that initiates a divorce, she's doing the man a favor.  Freedom is a powerful thing.  Especially when free from a living Hell. 

On 6/6/2019 at 9:10 AM, colinneil said:

Silly bugger upset someone, maybe an ex-wife, maybe someone who asked to borrow money.

Immigration did not just turn up without out someone snitching on him.

silly man. do not underestimate immigration or think they can be used. Thai Immigrationa always is aware of all farangs, they know the troublemakers as well the illegals. Its just up to them to act on that. Maybe their bosses up in bkk upped the numbers for catching illegals.

2 minutes ago, herwin1234 said:

another case that clearly proofs the Good Guys In Bad Guys Out slogan is just a complete piece of garbage.

Last week an Altzheimer patient forced out of Thailand, now a poor old harmless Japanese guy. Shame on Thailand.

The Japanese guy was overstaying and every Country deports overstayers 

On 6/7/2019 at 9:22 AM, brianthainess said:

There seems to be no compassion in this Buddhist country,as you say at 76 apart from overstay what has this guy done wrong in the last 19 yrs ? he should be given a pardon. Now i am wondering has he even got an up to date passport,maybe he has Alzheimer and simply forgot the last 19 yrs. :giggle:   

He is not even a Farang but a fellow Asian. I can fully understand and agree, and even VOLUNTEER to kick out all those bloody lowlife cinical farangs who walk the street with their bargirl-turned-wife and a big sour smileless expression, and who spend their hours on forums complaining about Thailand, visa or not, kick them out, lowlife cultureless bastards, but why kick out a seemingly old pensioner, and many other harmless foreign people? 

3 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The Japanese guy was overstaying and every Country deports overstayers 

Not Thailand. It always turned a blind eye to overstayers and never or seldom actively removed them and only in the case of an overstayed troublemaker. 

Just now, herwin1234 said:

Not Thailand. It always turned a blind eye to overstayers and never or seldom actively removed them and only in the case of an overstayed troublemaker. 

That was ten years ago , Thailand is quite strict on overstayers these days 

Archived