Legitimate filming or got what he deserved? Vlogger in Pattaya stirs debate

webfact

Legitimate filming or got what he deserved? Vlogger in Pattaya stirs debate

4pm.jpg

video screenshot

A video posted on YouTube by an north American vlogger filming in Walking Street, Pattaya, ends with the foreigner being attacked. 

But posters on the video were mostly of the opinion that he got what he deserved.

The vlogger goes by the name "Chuck Wow" - this refers to the pulling of the strings of a kite but is common Thai slang for masturbation by a man. 

The video begins with "Chuck Wow" commenting on the body size of what appears to be prostitute standing outside 7-Eleven late at night. 

He makes fun of her "chunkiness" in a disparaging and sneering manner. 

He then moves on to secretly film a man who he quietly belittles for propositioning a person he believes to be a lady boy. He suggests that the customer has been fooled.

He talks about his previous films describing himself as "funny as hell". The film also concerned transgender people.

After filming outside the convenience store when a man is rummaging through bin bags -  a segment that he calls "disgusting" - he is asked to stop filming by Thais present. Some stand in his way.

Then a foul mouthed altercation with an angry motorcycle taxi driver begins. When he once again refuses to put his camera away an attack occurs. There is the sound of spitting. 

The screen goes blank as fighting begins. The original footage and the vlogger's Facebook page are believed to have been deleted. 

Most comments on YouTube said that he got what he deserved. 

While the odd person backed him many said that a worse fate will befall him if he continues to behave like this. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-06

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just another <deleted> with a camera wanting his 15 mins of fame.  Should have given him a good talking to and removed his "camera" from his possession. 

If he does it again? Well......

i assume he is Canadian

Don't like the idea of people filming and mocking others as if they have a right to do so. Nor do I believe the motorcycle taxi guys have the right to police this and assault people as they see fit. 

Have to say the fellas blog was pretty boring up until the point where the fight starts. Had a good laugh at that point.

The camera work became shoddy as the fight started, which I would have liked to have watched, though I guess it is difficult to stay focused when you are being punched in the head.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Nor do I believe the motorcycle taxi guys have the right to police this and assault people as they see fit. 

Neither do I. But this is one of the realities of Thailand. Thai males of the street variety can be particularly nasty and vicious, and once aroused have zero self-control. Many vids on here attest to that. So Mr Merchant Banker, in his arrogance, has learned that the hard way. He's clearly a dipsh..

And the guy doing the crap stirring is another YT loon Greg Bender who claims to be the best YT blogger of all time. The SUPER expert of all things Thai. And his claims that all foreigners besides himself of course are being forced out of Thailand. Gives the words mental illness a whole new meaning

I believe you needed peoples permission to post their images online for profit.   If you are a youtube vlogger and get over 1000 views of your posted video you begin to earn money (this video has over 5000 views) . 

He is living dangerously if he is indeed making profit from videotaping other people without their permission...  

People who just post for public interest or to share with family do not need permission 

27 minutes ago, LongTang said:

I have no respect for people who have no respects for others privacy.

These kind of rotten apples just give us farangs a bad name..

I would agree with you if those he were filming were in a private space, but if you’re doing your business in a public place you can’t have an expectation of privacy. Having said that, if you’re going to film people in public, and on top of that ridicule them, then don’t be surprised if you’re confronted (i.e. it’s a two way street).

9 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:
43 minutes ago, LongTang said:

I have no respect for people who have no respects for others privacy.

These kind of rotten apples just give us farangs a bad name..

I would agree with you if those he were filming were in a private space, but if you’re doing your business in a public place you can’t have an expectation of privacy. Having said that, if you’re going to film people in public, and on top of that ridicule them, then don’t be surprised if you’re confronted (i.e. it’s a two way street).

Kind of agree... this wasn't simply videoing in public - it was an attempt to ridicule and shame so it takes on a more morally unscrupulous aspect, as such the v-blogger, who uses an immensely immature name, is doing nothing more than highlighting that he is a complete and total irritating tool. If he didn't get slapped down this time, then it was simply a matter of time. 

[Warning - keyboard warrior moment approaching] Heck, if he were videoing me or my wife in this way I'd have probably slapped him down. 

Edit: Ppeople probably want to slap him down just by looking at the sleazy tool....  he's got one of those faces you just want to slap and then the attitude to boot... 

He made the fatal mistake of using the F word  with the taxi driver...even though "Mr taxi" used it

(and middle finger) first...never ever use the F word with a Thai especially strangers hanging around in the "red light" district.

You can see how tightly wound up a lot of Thais are (under the very thin placid surface) Mr taxi  goes nutty  in an instant.

With only my imagination to fill in the best part I imagine the sprint toward cameraman was followed by a flyling dragon kick to the chest, launching the camera to the ground.

At that point fists of fire rain down upon Chuck's Wow, turning his head into Chuck Pow Pow Pow.

In the end Chuck lays on the ground arms out stretched, like a crucified jesus surrounded by beer bottles and condoms outside the club. Passerby's suspect he was just a player who took a Thai man's girl and got caught by boyfriend and his gang 

This is perfectly legal in America. One thing, Chuck Wow didn't take into account after downing beers that night, struggling with a  combination of village idiocy and alcoholism: Thailand isn't America.

I think for people who go to Thailand, they need to watch their alcohol while being in a foreign country. Besides you can get drunk anywhere, it's all most the same. Don't need to do that in Thailand.

16 minutes ago, johng said:

He made the fatal mistake of using the F word  with the taxi driver...even though "Mr taxi" used it

(and middle finger) first...never ever use the F word with a Thai especially strangers hanging around in the "red light" district.

You can see how tightly wound up a lot of Thais are (under the very thin placid surface) Mr taxi  goes nutty  in an instant.

You're right. Foreigners need to be careful not to use the F word to Thai males. Americans for example use that word liberally and casually, even affectionately such as that burrito was F-in delicious. But it's a super triggering thing for Thai males to hear that from a foreigner especially in the context of an already hostile encounter. Bottom line -- it can get you killed. Just don't. 

I had to watch the video to form an opinion. I think this was 100% deserved. You just can't violate other people's privacy like this and act like you own the place. I would be upset too if I was filmed talking to a ladyboy. And there is nothing wrong with the chubby girl. She is actually quite cute.

6 minutes ago, Peterbkk99 said:

I had to watch the video to form an opinion. I think this was 100% deserved. You just can't violate other people's privacy like this and act like you own the place. I would be upset too if I was filmed talking to a ladyboy. And there is nothing wrong with the chubby girl. She is actually quite cute.

She is actually quite cute.

Not cute enough for the handsome, suave and sophisticated Mr. Chuck.

There is a very popular Pattaya V-Logger: " Thailand Red" a prolific poster on YT who gets away with very tight close-ups and intimate street scenes.  His videos are very steady and well edited and he seems to have a knack for getting interesting moments.  He is obviously using a hidden cam, probably worn on a shoulder or cross body bag.  Each video gets a 100,000+ views within days.

Someday, somebody will figure out who he is and he could get a similar dose of street justice.

1 hour ago, greenbottle555 said:

This is perfectly legal in America. One thing, Chuck Wow didn't take into account after downing beers that night, struggling with a  combination of village idiocy and alcoholism: Thailand isn't America.

I think for people who go to Thailand, they need to watch their alcohol while being in a foreign country. Besides you can get drunk anywhere, it's all most the same. Don't need to do that in Thailand.

You would think that foreigners would get that idea. Lost count how many stupid drunk foreigners i have encountered pulling some stupid stunt and then watching the Thais beat the crap out of them. One of the reasons i see foreigners i am running in the other direction. There is something about this place that attracts huge numbers of foreigners with the common sense of a brick both men and women.

post-242586-0-76113800-1450373119_thumb.jpg

6 minutes ago, utalkin2me said:

What peaks my interest is why Thaivisa seems so interested in essentially promoting this douche's channel. This is not the first one of his vids I have seen on here. 

And what about #1 douche bag of them all Greg Bender?

25359808_2075897952642608_522770435_n.jpg

Archived