Legitimate filming or got what he deserved? Vlogger in Pattaya stirs debate

webfact

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wolf81 said:

What he's doing is still lame. Some of these woman might be prostitutes and their families might not know it and perhaps these prostitutes might not want their family to know the work they do.

It's very bad of him to film people in areas where prostitution happens, especially if their faces aren't blurred.

You really think people over 40 in Isaan villages are watching YouTube channels produced by farangs? Most of these ladies are most likely from rural villages, trying to earn a buck, and I say more power to 'em, but the chance that their families are going to come across a video like this are next to nil. Hell, most younger, tech-savvy Thais only use Facebook and messaging apps.

2 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

You really think people over 40 in Isaan villages are watching YouTube channels produced by farangs? Most of these ladies are most likely from rural villages, trying to earn a buck, and I say more power to 'em, but the chance that their families are going to come across a video like this are next to nil. Hell, most younger, tech-savvy Thais only use Facebook and messaging apps.

People get up in arms when a farang tops himself saying the family could be reading the forum.  No chance in reality. 

However I do object to someone randomly taking videos of people going about their business, thinking they are some potential Oscar winning producer/ director in making. 

I think I may have joined the taxi driver and slipped a boot in too. 

57 minutes ago, Odisan said:

No complaints here. If you want to intrude on other people's privacy and be an arse about it, then you take what's coming.

What privacy? I didn't notice him breaking into a hotel room or someone's private residence. Nor did he even film people on/in private property (e.g. inside a 7/11 or a bar). These were people out on a public street.

As for Somchai the mo'sai taxi driver, he's just but hurt that the self-imposed veil of fantasy of "Thai Numba One!" got removed by this silly farang. It's Pattaya for god's sake! There're hookers all over and all over Thailand too. That's reality. Too bad if you can't handle the truth.

6 hours ago, Hal65 said:

With only my imagination to fill in the best part I imagine the sprint toward cameraman was followed by a flyling dragon kick to the chest, launching the camera to the ground.

At that point fists of fire rain down upon Chuck's Wow, turning his head into Chuck Pow Pow Pow.

In the end Chuck lays on the ground arms out stretched, like a crucified jesus surrounded by beer bottles and condoms outside the club. Passerby's suspect he was just a player who took a Thai man's girl and got caught by boyfriend and his gang 

somebody should have filmed it and put it on FB, what an idiot.

17 minutes ago, Hank Gunn said:

What privacy? I didn't notice him breaking into a hotel room or someone's private residence. Nor did he even film people on/in private property (e.g. inside a 7/11 or a bar). These were people out on a public street.

As for Somchai the mo'sai taxi driver, he's just but hurt that the self-imposed veil of fantasy of "Thai Numba One!" got removed by this silly farang. It's Pattaya for god's sake! There're hookers all over and all over Thailand too. That's reality. Too bad if you can't handle the truth.

would you want to be filmed talking to one and having it broadcasted over the net? It's a matter of decency and politeness and,dare I say it, discretion, unfashionable these days where people seem to stitch there life's story on their sleeve. 

6 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

would you want to be filmed talking to one and having it broadcasted over the net? It's a matter of decency and politeness and,dare I say it, discretion, unfashionable these days where people seem to stitch there life's story on their sleeve. 

Obviously no, I wouldn't want to be filmed while in that situation. But then I'd also understand that I was in the middle of a freakin' public street! If it came to that, (being filmed while talking/negotiating with a "lady of the evening") I'd go to a go-go bar where I'd expect a little more privacy. (I doubt Mr. Chuck Wang or whatever his name is, would be allowed to start filming in such an establishment.)

Don't mess with Thai motorcycle taxi thugs in Pattaya. He should have simply moved to another location. Sure the thug was instigating the confrontation but he played right into it. For all he knows that might have been his girlfriend and they were doing business together! Stupid move.  

6 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Have to say the fellas blog was pretty boring up until the point where the fight starts. Had a good laugh at that point.

The camera work became shoddy as the fight started, which I would have liked to have watched, though I guess it is difficult to stay focused when you are being punched in the head.

Thought the camera was handhold and with a shake reducer so can you stand upsidedown without shaking ...:whistling:

10 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Just another <deleted> with a camera wanting his 15 mins of fame.  Should have given him a good talking to and removed his "camera" from his possession. 

If he does it again? Well......

i assume he is Canadian

He deserved much worse! 

10 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Just another <deleted> with a camera wanting his 15 mins of fame.  Should have given him a good talking to and removed his "camera" from his possession. 

If he does it again? Well......

i assume he is Canadian

Just a fool and a troublemaker!

i don't know how to express myself...i mean, i view a lot of vlogs on youtube, but i can't help sometimes feeling like a voyeur. and as for mr chuck wow, he should have shown more consideration to the ones he was filmimg

Filming  people being sick and assuming  ladies are hookers is not good to film that  could  have beeb someone's  misses they could  sue hin for 100k or go to jail. I doubt  bus YouTube  channel makes enough  to cover  that 

10 hours ago, Hank Gunn said:

I would agree with you if those he were filming were in a private space, but if you’re doing your business in a public place you can’t have an expectation of privacy. Having said that, if you’re going to film people in public, and on top of that ridicule them, then don’t be surprised if you’re confronted (i.e. it’s a two way street).

It doesn't matter where you are filmed or viedoed the person doing the deed should ask for your permission before filming.

8 minutes ago, moe666 said:

It doesn't matter where you are filmed or viedoed the person doing the deed should ask for your permission before filming.

Absolutely ridiculous. Using that same logic, a parent would have to ask the permission of every other parent before filming a child's sporting event, or drama/music event at school.

If you're on a public street, you should not expect that level of privacy; especially if you're dressed in "daisy dukes" and wearing a skin-tight, low-cut halter top.

What this guy did could be described as tasteless, but everyone here calling for him to be physically assaulted is absolutely ridiculous.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Don't like the idea of people filming and mocking others as if they have a right to do so. Nor do I believe the motorcycle taxi guys have the right to police this and assault people as they see fit. 

That Thai motorbike taxi guy was right to beat up that dumbass American or Canadian dude as that dude was asking for it with his comments he was making about everyone in his video.

Archived