Legitimate filming or got what he deserved? Vlogger in Pattaya stirs debate

webfact

37 minutes ago, Seismic said:

Sorry but the law is quite clear in many countries.

37 minutes ago, Seismic said:

this is Thailand

Would be interested to know the law here as that is where it occurred. I just feel I should have some say on how and where my image can be posted.  Also in what context it is posted. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, watso63 said:

Just another piece of ebegging crap like his mate Cheap Charlie Chronicles. Filming the seedy parts of Pattaya then asking for Patreon, PayPal, Superchat donations without any work permit. Let's hope the Thai authorities take note and clamp down on this type of Vlogger. Yes he definitely got what he deserved. Let's hope he gets his sorry ass kicked out of Thailand.

It sounds just like something Greg Bender does

12 minutes ago, Mitkof Island said:

It sounds just like something Greg Bender does

Lol. I know you're obsessed about him but you did try to recruit him into your little gang with Munro, Wright etc to get Kev-in-Thailand and 20 Seconds in Thailand deported then got the hump when he rejected you. But you're right Superchat cannot be accessed in Thailand so the rules are bent by using a VPN.

2 hours ago, Mitkof Island said:

I have to agree to a point it is a public place. What Mr. Moron should have done is moved to another spot. Like there is not enough areas in Pattaya to film hookers and drunken mongers. I had a similar problem a few years ago during a street fair. A group of drunk obnoxious Germans with their hookers were sitting in front of a German restaurant. The moment i turned the camera in their direction they started swearing at me. I continue filming as i walked up to them and told their Thai company in Thai that it was a public street and to kindly frack off. I continued filming the street fair in peace. If Mr. Drunk German made any more problems well i would have made him wish he shut his mouth. I do not tolerate drunk foreigners.

If you walked up to me filming me and my wife, I would of shoved that camera up your a$$.......I don't tolerate that sort of sanctimonious holier than thou attitude from anyone ????

Yeah, you get the benefit of the doubt as a nameless, faceless tourist who doesn't know any better.  This guy likely does a fair bit of filming there for his YT channel, and his mutton chop mustache makes him easier to remember.  Mr. M/B taxi mafia guy had his number, and finally pulled his card.  Mr. Chuck Wow, the Thailand Expert, learned a lesson the hard way. 

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:16 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I just checked: He has currently 15 subscribers on YouTube. Maybe he wanted to become a famous influencer.

I guess if he goes on like this he will be mentioned in the media soon. The question is in the section about accidents or maybe suicides like a jump from a high-rise or maybe a plastic bag over his head.

Will anybody miss him? I have my doubts.

If he ends up getting beaten up at the end of every clip, I'll watch him...

11 hours ago, watso63 said:

Lol. I know you're obsessed about him but you did try to recruit him into your little gang with Munro, Wright etc to get Kev-in-Thailand and 20 Seconds in Thailand deported then got the hump when he rejected you. But you're right Superchat cannot be accessed in Thailand so the rules are bent by using a VPN.

Hi Greg Bender

11 hours ago, cranki said:

If you walked up to me filming me and my wife, I would of shoved that camera up your a$$.......I don't tolerate that sort of sanctimonious holier than thou attitude from anyone ????

I repeat it was a street fair a open road for the public . NOT YOU ! nor do the German's own it

12 hours ago, Seismic said:

Sorry but the law is quite clear in many countries. You have no expectation of privacy in a public place, therefore it is not illegal. Today, even in places where "you can expect a reasonable amount of privacy" the filming falls into a legal grey area. If you are aware of any law that contradicts this please post it. However, having said that, this is Thailand and I am sure that the draconian computer crimes act could be used as it is so vaguely worded as to cover almost anything.

I think you are right. If you look at this list, which I believe applies to video as well, Thailand is not listed. Not much comes up with a search on the topic either. https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Country_specific_consent_requirements

What i would think that means is legally it is a free for all. But yes, as you say the locals can do as they please as well if you push them too far, as was the case here. 

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Would be interested to know the law here as that is where it occurred. I just feel I should have some say on how and where my image can be posted.  Also in what context it is posted. 

After about ten minutes of searching I am convinced Thailand does not protect its citizens in any way when it comes to photos and video privacy. I could certainly be wrong. 

If I am right though, I would note I do not believe that is a bad stance for a country to take at all. As often happens here, things are handled differently, yet maybe more effectively, as we see in this case here. In the US for example this asshle would have walked or been the victim if someone gave him a smackdown. 

13 hours ago, Seismic said:

Sorry but the law is quite clear in many countries. You have no expectation of privacy in a public place, therefore it is not illegal. Today, even in places where "you can expect a reasonable amount of privacy" the filming falls into a legal grey area. If you are aware of any law that contradicts this please post it. However, having said that, this is Thailand and I am sure that the draconian computer crimes act could be used as it is so vaguely worded as to cover almost anything.

Just go to immigration and tell them i am a film maker. I make and edit films in Thailand. I post them and receive money for it. Take Steph in Thailand and cheap charlie and Sean in Wonderland as well who live stream and i have seen them make easy $200 in an hour or 2 by talking to Ladyboys for example for people who are paying tips.  See how long you get to keep your tourist visa. CCC has only recently had his visa renewed after a 12 month ban...... Just saying some of these guys are making a huge amount of money doing this. Chuck Wow is a lower tier but trying to make it big. In Fact immigration rules dont even need you to be in receipt of money just working. Peeps been Deported for helping a mate paint their house. Painters reported them. ....... Anyway Sorry to bang on.. But thats the rules.

"Som Nam Na"

This guy's telling others the <deleted> slogan that's being used in his country in every sentence. 

He won't survive here if he doesn't stop his nasty stuff, making jokes about a bigger prostitute?

It's disgusting when people believe they can just shoot what they want and change stories the way they want. 

He might be already in a little hole under the soil by now.

You can't do that here. What an idiot, he's asking the motorbike taxi driver if he wants to fu_k him?

That's totally out of order. He'll get what he deserves, or already has gotten it. What a mentally sick bastard, making jokes about people who he thinks have less money than he does. 

Vlog him out. 

He's skating on seriously thin ice.

Most of the girls there object to being filmed, often due to them spinning a yarn to their families back home (or perhaps a boyfriend or sponsor overseas) about having a more respectable job,

Tourists mingling with them don't want to be filmed - if they were recognised by someone at their work and word got back to their boss they could be fired, or it could cause real damage to them in their families and local communities.

The local mafia don't like him, both in his arrogance, and the fact that the girls he's filming might be their friends or giks, and the ladyboys would kick the crap out of him faster than the motosai drivers if they caught him filming them - bad for business all round. 

As to the authorities, if they had any clue as to the content of what he was filming and uploading, he'd surely be deported in an instant. Technical issues of whether he's working or not aside, they've been going to extreme lengths trying to demonstrate that prostitution doesn't exist in Pattaya and WS, and this guy (openly parading a name that means masturbation in the local slang) is propagating the very thing they've been trying so hard to deny. I always cringe when I hear them trot out the phrase "damaging the image of Thailand", but in the case of clowns like this, it's actually true. 

56 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

He's skating on seriously thin ice.

Most of the girls there object to being filmed, often due to them spinning a yarn to their families back home (or perhaps a boyfriend or sponsor overseas) about having a more respectable job,

Tourists mingling with them don't want to be filmed - if they were recognised by someone at their work and word got back to their boss they could be fired, or it could cause real damage to them in their families and local communities.

The local mafia don't like him, both in his arrogance, and the fact that the girls he's filming might be their friends or giks, and the ladyboys would kick the crap out of him faster than the motosai drivers if they caught him filming them - bad for business all round. 

As to the authorities, if they had any clue as to the content of what he was filming and uploading, he'd surely be deported in an instant. Technical issues of whether he's working or not aside, they've been going to extreme lengths trying to demonstrate that prostitution doesn't exist in Pattaya and WS, and this guy (openly parading a name that means masturbation in the local slang) is propagating the very thing they've been trying so hard to deny. I always cringe when I hear them trot out the phrase "damaging the image of Thailand", but in the case of clowns like this, it's actually true. 

Agree 6000%.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:57 AM, greenbottle555 said:

This is perfectly legal in America. One thing, Chuck Wow didn't take into account after downing beers that night, struggling with a  combination of village idiocy and alcoholism: Thailand isn't America.

I think for people who go to Thailand, they need to watch their alcohol while being in a foreign country. Besides you can get drunk anywhere, it's all most the same. Don't need to do that in Thailand.

America, I guess you ment Usa, and not Mexico? 

However, In Usa, you have police to take care of the street violence, if you do not obey they orders. 5 policemen of 300 pounds flesh and blood jumping on you. 

He should for sure go to Usa 

The alcoholic loser and his so called buddies Cheap Charlie also need a attitude adjustment . They cause trouble wherever they roam, over stay their visas and the just ooze of creepiness. You have to wonder what is going on in that empty void of a brain to send this bum free cash so he can creep girls out while he wanders around with a camera understanding zero of anything that is going on around him and just being a all around pest.

fb6d80bf-465b-4f7b-b6be-74df7f7a7563.png

Americans ! ... The consummate masters, of miss-using Technology, and Media !!! ... He is Disgusting ... as I listen to it ... Him calling everyone else, like Innocent People, just going on about their own business, ... "Disgusting" ... Yearrr, ...  "Yank Yank, Septic Tanks, .. Heads full of shit" ! Can I say this ? ... Yes, he got what he deserved. ... I think, any way. ...  Like it is as if these people think that THEY own the world !!! ...  Like "Money Talks, and Bullshit walks" Right ! ? So people like this guy would think I am sure ! ? ... Like Brighten up Mate ! … And put the camera away, …. Or GO HOME.

Just now, Mark mark said:

Americans ! ... The consummate masters, of miss-using Technology, and Media !!! ... He is Disgusting ... as I listen to it ... Him calling everyone else, like Innocent People, just going on about their own business, ... "Disgusting" ... Yearrr, ...  "Yank Yank, Septic Tanks, .. Heads full of shit" ! Can I say this ? ... Yes, he got what he deserved. ... I think, any way. ...  Like it is as if these people think that THEY own the world !!! ...  Like "Money Talks, and Bullshit walks" Right ! ? So people like this guy would think I am sure ! ? ... Like Brighten up Mate ! … And put the camera away, …. Or GO HOME.

Well, ..That is what you get in Walking street, very late at night ! ? I guess ?  ... Maybe it should just be said that he matched hos surroundings, ..... Very Well !!!

16 minutes ago, Mark mark said:

There are many others in Pattaya doing the same on YT from various countries not just Americans.

Archived