Police hunt tourists who stole bicycle from Songkhla restaurant 

Video: Police hunt tourists who stole bicycle from Songkhla restaurant 

62182984_2283774378373415_4893219441053007872_o.jpg

Police are hunting two foreign tourists who stole a bicycle from a restaurant in Songkhla.

Pradit Muninam, 49, reported the theft to police. He described the antique bike, which was used for decoration at his restaurant, as 'priceless'.

CCTV footage showed the theft during the early hours of Tuesday morning.

The clips show one of the men waiting outside the shop while the other helps himself to the bike.

However, local media in Hat Yai reported that the pair returned in the early hours of Wednesday and tried to steal another bike but were scared off.

Police are now searching for the men.

Mr Pradit said he hopes the police finds them and that they are charged.

Source: Hat Yai Focus

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-06

43 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Yes, the problem is the owner exaggerating the value, not that people stole it.

Adds piquancy to the article, who's gonna care about some rusty old boneshaker, wouldn't surprise me if the reporter hadn't "elicited" this little nugget to spice up a rather humdrum story.

The fact that they came back and tried to steal another bike proves that it wasn't some drunken prank.

That exacerbates the whole thing. There are serial thieves in your midst.

I wonder how many Thais 'steal a bike' every day as compared to how many foreigners 'steal a bike' on any given day?  Given that comparison, how many bike thefts hit the main-stream news?

Answer: The bike theft involving some moronic foreigner.  The MSM must keep stoking the xenophobia engine of the country.

Remember: Evil Foreigners bad; Thais good.

2 hours ago, mogandave said:

Yes, the problem is the owner exaggerating the value, not that people stole it.

in Europe, bikes like the one shown in the video cost about 8000 to 10000 baht. that's for bikes that aren't particularly rare.

8 hours ago, Matzzon said:

Doeas it matter if the bike is worth 10 million baht or 1 baht? It is wrong of foreigners to come to Thailand and steal as well as act like total <deleted>. I think that´s the point of the news.

I didn’t condone or excuse their stupid  actions but merely stated that the bike prolly wasn’t worth much. Seems you misinterpreted my post.

One minute the police are "asking" Tuk-Tuk drivers in Phuket not to beat and cheat tourists, and yet the next minute some (stupid and wrong) tourists nick an old bike and the police are all over it. What the <deleted>.

2 hours ago, legend49 said:

If it was so valuable why did the thief easily move it out of the shop; it wasnt secured.

So you are putting the blame on the owner instead of the person that took the bike? Let me get this straight. The owner didn't steal anything or commit any crime yet you are blaming him for not having the bike secured? In what way does that make any sense?

1 hour ago, connda said:

I wonder how many Thais 'steal a bike' every day as compared to how many foreigners 'steal a bike' on any given day?  Given that comparison, how many bike thefts hit the main-stream news?

Answer: The bike theft involving some moronic foreigner.  The MSM must keep stoking the xenophobia engine of the country.

Remember: Evil Foreigners bad; Thais good.

You've been a member here for  quite a while, surely you know how a headline

like this works.....

i can't understand some comments posted here scoffing somehow the bicycle's owner! as a farang i feel ashamed! when i visited thailand for the first time in 1987, being farang was something to be proud of and locals made you feel that way

People here virtually condoning the theft because of type and value of bike ?????

thats irrelevant, perpetrators are scum in my book. Theft is theft and it doesnt matter about the value. I hope they chuck them in ja for a spell.

I love the way when tourists do something wrong and many times they are such trivial things like sitting on a rock out at sea.Police are hunting down the tourist responsible.in the Bkk news.thai man shoots his pal in snooker hall and the message to police is he will pop in to see them in a couple of days.

i think it's not just a racial prejudice they have for farang,it must actually make them feel better by catching and punishing the evil farang.

3 hours ago, anfh said:

People here virtually condoning the theft because of type and value of bike ?????

thats irrelevant, perpetrators are scum in my book. Theft is theft and it doesnt matter about the value. I hope they chuck them in ja for a spell.

What for a push bike? Have you ever thought about applying to be a Thai judge.A fair way would be to fine those responsible for say 5-10 times the value of the bike and compensate the victim.

On 6/6/2019 at 11:45 PM, lemonjelly said:

As soon as you see the front fork brackets you know it’s just an old Indian (or possibly Chinese ?) bike, not worth much, loads down south and especially Penang.

So the theft is acceptable is it??

19 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

"Man Steals Pushbike, Police Rush to Scene, Nationwide Manhunt, Arrest Imminent"

I'm staying alert and have changed security security  to amber with pink alert. 

Archived