Police hunt tourists who stole bicycle from Songkhla restaurant 

22 hours ago, nausea said:

Adds piquancy to the article, who's gonna care about some rusty old boneshaker, wouldn't surprise me if the reporter hadn't "elicited" this little nugget to spice up a rather humdrum story.

The owner speaking Thai. Not English. So he didn’t really say “priceless”

Better translation “irreplaceable”. 

21 hours ago, connda said:

I wonder how many Thais 'steal a bike' every day as compared to how many foreigners 'steal a bike' on any given day?  Given that comparison, how many bike thefts hit the main-stream news?

Answer: The bike theft involving some moronic foreigner.  The MSM must keep stoking the xenophobia engine of the country.

Remember: Evil Foreigners bad; Thais good.

This is the English news for the foreigner Thai visa. I think the foreigner choose what News to have here. Not up to a thai person.

if you want to watch on TV about the Thai theif, look at the Thai news. In the morning news have a lot with cctv. Everyday. That is the “main-stream” news, thaivisa is not.

You think too much. Make you worry. Thai people is friendly and polite to foreigner if they good.

Some foreigner the good people, some bad people. Some Thai people good people, some bad people.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:28 AM, legend49 said:

If it was so valuable why did the thief easily move it out of the shop; it wasnt secured.

So it was the owner's fault that his Bicycle was stolen - a funny guy with a sad conclusion ...

Archived