Samitivej opens 30-bed Japanese 'hospital'

snoop1130

Samitivej opens 30-bed Japanese 'hospital'

ad277e79722338a7a4daaae5cc99410d.jpeg

Samitivej opened its "Japanese Hospital by Samitivej" this week to mainly serve Japanese customers with 30 beds on Sukhumvit 49, where many Japanese expats live.

The new hospital joins two Japanese hospitals, Takatsuki General and Sano, to offer patients high-quality healthcare services.

The Japanese Hospital by Samitivej falls under the management of Bangkok Dusit Medical Services (BDMS). 

The hospital offers Japanese doctors and nurses and modern medical equipment.

Dr Chairat Panthuraamphorn, CEO of Samitivej and BNH Hospitals, said: "For many years, more Japanese expats have come to work in Southeast Asia, while Japanese investors have come to invest and establish companies in the EEC [Eastern Economic Corridor]." 

Chairat said Samitivej Sukhumvit and Smitivej Sriraha Hospital have provided healthcare for the Japanese in the region for 40 years. Last year, there were about 400 Japanese patients per day and approximately 200 Japanese babies are born at Samitivej each year, Chairat added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30370672

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-06

It is illegal for foreign doctors and nurses to practise medicine in Thailand (as they cannot obtain certification). They can work in a consulting role though. I wonder how this has been worked around.

23 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

It is illegal for foreign doctors and nurses to practise medicine in Thailand (as they cannot obtain certification). They can work in a consulting role though. I wonder how this has been worked around.

brown envelopes ...

There are actually Thai doctors who studied in Japan and working there. Most Japanese expats use insurance, price is not an issue for them.

45 minutes ago, shady86 said:
1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

There are actually Thai doctors who studied in Japan and working there. Most Japanese expats use insurance, price is not an issue for them.

Read the article again.

Read the article again.
There are Japanese doctors who got local certification too. I go to Samitivej occasionally. The article is wrong as majority of the doctors are Thai and some have Japanese language ability.

3 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Considering she got her medical degree from Chulalongkorn University, she is almost certainly of Thai nationality. I rest my case.

12 hours ago, shady86 said:

https://www.tmc.or.th/en_how-foreign.php

Guessed you got all wrong ????

Degrees, other than degrees in international programmes, in Thailand can only be awarded to Thai nationals. Chulalongkorn does not do a medical degree under an international programme.

Perhaps you have it wrong. ????

Archived