My experience - receiving Social Media death threats in Thailand from a other European

ALFREDO

I receive and see now multiple deaths threats in Facebook Messenger from the young - younger than her - European lover (for a month) of my Girlfriend (children with her - 17+ year relationship)

She met him in Jomtien and after he went home to Europe to get money for some days - he is now back soon and is now furies that she is with our children and me home in Isaan - want to meet her and if not - kill me - he writes in messages to my Girlfriend and also to me.

He threatens also to kill his Ex Girlfriend which whom he has a conflict about money

and even threatens my Girlfriend if she not obeys now to meet him after he arrives back in Bangkok from Europe.

He writes he will come to my Girlfriends home - he has the address and threatens to kill me.

I have all names and evidence Facebook messenger screen shots, even Passport copy.

And I sent already weeks ago a complaint with evidence that the young man, threatened to kill his Ex Girlfriend about money and anger - to multiple Immigrations - but I got no answer.

His Ex Girlfriend possibly - did not want to make him to much a problem herself. 

I started therefore yesterday to write with evidence to two Tourist Immigration e.mail addresses and could talk on phone with a officer in Bangkok.

One respond - I shall complain at a local Police station - 

I went therefore to my nearest Tourist Police station - but was nearly immediately sent back to my local homes District Police station without any English speaking officers - I should than call from there - so the Tourist Police officer would translate - 

After a call to the Tourist Police in Bangkok - the local Tourist Police will write report from my e.mail statements and send to my Amphoe Police.

With all my evidence - I thought - the man could be at least be questioned at the Airport Immigration and confronted with the evidence. 

But - I am told - he did not do nothing so far - so nothing will happen.

Death threats even when approved - are no big thing in Thailand?

After the man enters Thailand - I will go and speak in my local Thai Police station - maybe they have my papers of complaint already. 

My fellow members - at least you know what was the story about - if something bad happens soon.

Evidence Names only in Private message allowed in Thai visa. 

• Haha 1

Immigration and tourist police do not read emails .

usual procedure is  first go to police station with all the evidence and make daily report . Translating all

the threats into Thai would be wise .

have it translated by a law firm or a school as it needs to be stamped .

once you make daily report and have a copy of it, you then can go to immigration office. However note it’s not the officers who issue visa’s but another department. In Pattaya they are on second floor, in other provinces I do not know .

Then immigration may take some steps .

another option is tourist police but that’s just wasting time as they will advise you to go to police station.

another option is to have police deal with it , in this case must have translations and after filing daily report request to see roywen. If he takes the matter, he will contact immigration and follow through 

• Like 2

On 6/6/2019 at 11:08 PM, Farangwithaplan said:

why not contact the authorities in the country of his abode?

I believe they will care not much and he is back in Thailand already I think now, when you read this in the moment. 

On 6/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Why don’t you change your life, move away from lady and start again in a new location.
You don’t need or deserve all these problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason is 15, 12, and 4 years young sons together and my love, I still feel, for her. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/7/2019 at 12:04 AM, Thongkorn said:

How does he know where you live, Obviously she has told him, I would look closer to home and as above. No excuse for her deception or infidelity. Once they lie it goes on,

He sent her money once - and as that was a problem - she was asked for full address to include in the process, I believe the Branch of the Bank would have been enough, she gave away her and my address. 

I would look closer to home? No understand sorry.

You right with the lies  ????

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:17 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Why don’t you change your life, move away from lady and start again in a new location.
You don’t need or deserve all these problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"she is with our children and me home in Isaan"

Should he leave his children too?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2019 at 3:13 AM, Puchaiyank said:

Fear not! As soon as your European chap commits a crime the police will be there with photographers to point to the scene if the crime.  

Don't expect to much after that.

It appears that the European chap is a nut case and unpredictable...prepare for worst case senario...hope for best...

Alert your neighbors to be aware of any suspicious activity...

Good Luck...protect yourself...don't expect any help from your unfaithful GF...

I see and think now, nothing will happen to me, not so sure about his Ex Girlfriend so,

as my GF says now,

after she for the whole week stood firm, not to meet him,

she want to fly to Jomtien to meet him for "3 days - nights" to say -Good by- lol -

laughable yes - she will with a great chance be there until he flies home - in beginning July - 30 days. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Hummin said:

Just imagine how many would have contacted immigration, if that would help to stop some nutheads, or nutheads try to stop others. Just saying!

Thailand is full of nutheads, and even those who claim others to be nutheads, is a very good of piece of a nutheads themselves. 

I got my share of death treaths, warning to be arrested in Malaysia, and even got a shadow on me back home in europe. A wealthy oil company worker in Dubai, went totally crazy when I started to date is x wife, and then I had a two year fighting with him, but after learning his x used me to get her revenge, I dropped her! 

Crazy game, but a good dose of learned lesson it was. 

You have to send your evidence to his home country police. Here in Thailand they will not do nothing before a real crime have happend. And social media treaths is not as serious as we would like to think. Report him and block him, and let your gf do the same. But case lost if she still in contact with him, like mine, and this was in Malaysia where I actually could be jailed for having an affair with an married woman (still on paper), so go and figure out. 

Thank you for sharing your experience -

for home country - not enough time - he already back today and they would have done nothing too I think anyway and 

as I wrote to another fellow member above -

will all be fine - she plans to meet him a last time? to say Good by - for only 3 days?

Ha ha ha lol - she will I believe stay until he goes home - 3+ weeks 

- they let the nut heads as you say in who are allowed to make death threats against their own country woman - him Ex Girlfriend - with whom he had a Jomtien police reported fight including a box cutter knife - 

the man a man who admits also in his Facebook messenger posts - shown to police -

he will smoke Marijuana in Thailand and will not care police -

writes bad foulmouthed wording about Thailand -

nothing bothering - all the officers in Tourist Police -

or Immigration who maybe read my enclosed screenshots from him postings. 

Have to write my own experience also - I was drunk and not sure if I said really - 

"I will kill you" knowing that my home country GF was in my house in my bed with another man same time I slashed the sleeping room glass with a small caliber rifle - which broke to unusability in that action - 

only that my 2 young sons had been in the house too

and had my Big Caliber shot gun and my Smith & Wesson 38 Special for possible use with them did hold me back from further proceedings - 

Outcome in my home country from my words - nobody knew I slashed the glass with my small rifle gun -

The Police looked in same night for me at my other, second home - I was drinking more some place  and picked me out of my home than later 8 AM - to Police station - interrogation - for hours and talking between Police and prosecuting attorney - I nearly went in investigative custody -

on the end a high fine even in court of appeal. But that is Europe 

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, mstevens said:

If you think the threats are real, or they bother you, or you simply want to get back at this guy, you and your girlfriend should go to your local police station and make a complaint. Get it in to the system. Threatening to kill is a serious issue and it sounds like you have ample proof to back it up. Don't email the tourist police or email others. Go to the police station with your girlfriend and make a complaint!

Thank you - made that with help of Tourist Police who drove 70 km to my living place and went with me to local Police station - but my GF - she would no use - she goes to the guy again - 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Pilotman said:

yet another reason not to use Facebook, Instagram, etc unless you are a self obsessed girl. 

If she and him no use - I would know nothing - in WhattsApp and LINE - used mostly with a phone number, not so easy to spy in. ???? 

• Confused 1