Prayut steps from solid ground to shaky one

webfact

Prayut steps from solid ground to shaky one

1559751601145.jpg

Prayut Chan-o-cha is a man counting his own ironies, and the latest one starts today, when Parliament elected the former coup leader as prime minister overseeing Thailand’s return to a “civil rule”.

The ironic journey is just half-way through, and the path ahead will be increasingly treacherous. From someone promising a national reconciliation, he has become a main source of divisiveness himself. In addition to that, a stable politics that he pledged after his 2014 coup is entering its most unpredictable phase ever. And he has abandoned formidable post-coup powers for extremely fragile “democratic mandate” that could prove short-lived.

After five years of leading Thailand through special powers, gained after a coup he staged against the Yingluck government, Prayut has managed to prolong his prime ministerial status. But barely just. The road ahead is strewn with lethal booby-traps, some of which could do considerable damage as soon as his Cabinet is unveiled.

Source: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/prayut-steps-from-solid-ground-to-shaky-one/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-07

The desire to do "one man rule", just like another infamous "leader", is a sign of the times.

And just like that other ruler, they are both frequent users of hair colouring products; all part of their FAKE persona.

8 minutes ago, chainarong said:

Prayut did the dirty on his long time friend Yingluck , watch him do the dirty on the Thai people.

Wouldn't that be "do more dirty on the Thai people"?

The only consolation prize for the next four years will be the constipated looks on his face, the humiliation he will receive in the press and that he will go down badly and then forgotten in history.   He is nothing but an empty headed tinpot.  

31 minutes ago, Chrisswe said:

Like a Football team, if the player trust and bilive the leader succsess will occur, if not they be looser, no succsess !!

Like a football team, if the coach comes and takes over by power another team and put himself in charge there will be no team left and everyone will be self serving and unhappy. 

46 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

After is clock is cleaned and he is hung out to dry by being a civilian, the only thing he can do is pull a new coup. The Thai are going to take great satisfaction in seeing him belittled until he cries and stomps his feet.

I agree with you, Holy Cow cm.

But I think a poster from yesterday probably got it right - that Prayut will not expose himself (oh, sorry - unsettling image there!) too often to parliamentary scrutiny and debates, but will instead send a stand-in. Come to think of it, his cardboard cut-out would do very well in his place (better than the man himself!).

Or: Prayut could get his best foreign friend, Steven100, to appear in his stead. Steven would make a much better and politer job of it than his idol ever could!

1 hour ago, holy cow cm said:

After is clock is cleaned and he is hung out to dry by being a civilian, the only thing he can do is pull a new coup. The Thai are going to take great satisfaction in seeing him belittled until he cries and stomps his feet.

As a PM, please explain how he can "pull" a new coup, all he can pull is part of his anatomy. 

However, we can be assure there will be a lot of dummy spits and teddy bear throwing  - - what fun to watch. 

28 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Lets just hope the Friday night BS lectures on the TV do not make a return

It gives Napoleon an opportunity to read from his cue cards without having to debate, so they probably will be back.

30 minutes ago, RotBenz8888 said:

If there are protests again on the streets, who's gonna calm things down now?

Good point, RotBenz8888 (above).

There is a lovely, kindly, beneficent new General waiting in the wings.

He will take care of the matter -  have no fear!

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

I really hope he does not keep his promises to BumThais and UnDems they really need a lesson for their treachery.   

If he does not then the coalition fails and a new one can be made. I do wonder how that will work with him as PM while the government is PTP, FFW and the Democrat block with Bumjai.

But I think its best to let him rule mess it up lose support and be wiped out in the next election. 

2 hours ago, Eligius said:

I agree with you, Holy Cow cm.

But I think a poster from yesterday probably got it right - that Prayut will not expose himself (oh, sorry - unsettling image there!) too often to parliamentary scrutiny and debates, but will instead send a stand-in. Come to think of it, his cardboard cut-out would do very well in his place (better than the man himself!).

Or: Prayut could get his best foreign friend, Steven100, to appear in his stead. Steven would make a much better and politer job of it than his idol ever could!

I am not sure if being a big mouth iron fisted wielding non attending parliament ghost elected PM is going to cut it on this one. I really am excited to hopefully see them hang him high whenever they get an open shot to do so. Having a proxy may not be ok either but he may just invoke his right under the law that he has to submit proper notifications of absence due to reasons of sickness, government duties, and committee meetings etc., or perhaps he will rewrite the laws to fit him. But who knows as his brother was never in office for the NLA and that is alright and was cleared A-OK. I think if he tries to use a special treatment plan for him that he will quickly find himself being scrutinized. that is the whole point of him being a common citizen now. No more magic wand.

2 hours ago, Artisi said:

As a PM, please explain how he can "pull" a new coup, all he can pull is part of his anatomy. 

However, we can be assure there will be a lot of dummy spits and teddy bear throwing  - - what fun to watch. 

Indirectly or under NCPO as a national security issue.

Archived