Thaksin gets two years in prison over 2 and 3 digit lottery project

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No one interferes with the Shins outside Thailand because a) Thai governments don't really try to do anything despite the huff and puff face shows occasionally and b) they are billionaires who travel by private planes and use VIP channels. One rule for the mega wealthy another for the rest. Yingluck has a Cambodian passport and probably others. Thaksin has other nationalities.

I thought they weren't bothered because they didn't really commit any crimes.

Just the General taking steps to try and keep them out of power.

16 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Odd as government hospital is free.

What is odd is that a poster with the number 15.094 alongside his name doesn't know that the hospitals were NOT free until Thaksin introduced the 30 baht (virtually free) scheme. Read my post again. 

2 minutes ago, Lemonltr said:

What is odd is that a poster with the number 15.094 alongside his name doesn't know that the hospitals were NOT free until Thaksin introduced the 30 baht (virtually free) scheme. Read my post again. 

Sorry, I didn't realise you were talking ancient history.

My bad TL:DR

4 hours ago, cmsally said:

I have been looking through old articles , as the lottery 2/3 numbers seems to date back to 2003.

I cannot find any mention of the amount supposedly lost (1.6billion).

It also says that GLO (govt lottery) funds are not open to parliamentary scrutiny.

Thaksin's govt stance was that this was allowed as a charity lottery scheme under the GLO Act (tax exempt too). It says in the same article the 2/3 number lottery GENERATED 123 billion Baht.

Very different from the above.

Oddly enough those figures are the same as published in the other EL paper that we are not allowed to mention or quote from.

It generated 123Bn baht and they are complaining about a 1.6Bn loss. So in actual fact there was a gain of OVER 121Bn baht.

As you say cmsally , very different figures from ThaiPBS and the Nation.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

"Nonsense. Millions of Thais (especially in the North and North East) respect and admire this man..."

All been said a million times before, he used them, nothing more...

He broke the law, all very well documented, he broke the law...

What do you think the junta did when they took over the country?

Do you have dual standards?

49 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What do you think the junta did when they took over the country?

Do you have dual standards?

I repost my earlier message in this thread. Post #10: 

"Don't agree. He broke the law and should be punished same as every other person who breaks a law. By saying every person I mean every person, including the junta.  

1 hour ago, pieeyed said:

How about Prayut taking the bonus number off the lottery tickets and then changing the pay out from 8 million to 6 million?

1/ purchase isn't compulsory

2/ he also reduced the price being charged for tickets by vendors

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

Doe's anyone in Thailand really care anymore about this guy .... I don't think so.

He's gone .... he's a runaway .... finished ...kaput   !!

Forget him and move on.

But still much more popular than your idol, Prayuth.

And probably less corrupt also

One of the "enjoyable" things about charging in absentia, is that they know the cases will never go to trial. If many of these charges were gone over with a fine tooth comb, I doubt it would be only Thaksin and his associates that got into trouble.

10 hours ago, Toknarok said:

Nonsense. Millions of Thais (especially in the North and North East) respect and admire this man, and the illegal crowd in power at the moment know this only too well.

If he were a nonentity as you suggest why do the powers that be persecute him for every little reason they can conjure up. They're afraid of him that's why.

Yes, very popular with the people.

And also popular with people who are, themselves, very popular with the people.

One in particular present at his daughters wedding in Hong Kong, in March, two days before the Thailand elections.

• 4 months later...
On 6/7/2019 at 7:18 AM, arithai12 said:

From what we are told, he didn't break a law, he took a decision ignoring warnings. But isn't the timing of this sentence quite interesting?

As for every other person who breaks the law, countless examples to the contrary and no one is after them.

<deleted> ok then, what about the 2,000 or so killed under his watch on the war on drugs, or the Tak Bai massacre, or the failed village loans then? Elected he might have been, an angel he was not. Stop justifying the <deleted>.

Archived