Question RE retirement visa and length of absence out of the country

Hello to everyone,

I am a holder of a retirement extension which expires in 7 months and a multiple re-entry permit. My last 90 day reporting was done a week ago. I am planning a trip to Europe next week, and I will stay there for about 3 weeks.

1) As this is my first trip out of the country since I got my re-entry permit I believe I do not have to do anything more than showing my passport at the airport immigration, correct ?

2) As I might need to stay longer to sort out a few things, is there a time limit after which you can lose your retirement extension for staying out of the country for too long ?

Many thanks in advance for your replies

Edited by Barry864

The answer to question 1 is that you are all set, since you already have your reentry permit. The answer to question 2 is no, there is no time period after which you will lose your retirement extension, except that you do have to be back in Thailand before it expires in order to extend it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Don’t forget on your return to Thailand, fill the number of your re-entry permit on the landing/arrival card where it says “ visa” to avoid confusion.
You can also write “ re-entry permit “ next to it.

And file a new TM30 with the new TM6 number.