Don't vandalize in Thailand you'll get caught and face jail! - US man warns tourists

webfact

12 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

I watched the CCTV of those people spray painting; they did not appear drunk to me. They will likely not do anymore than a few hours in a cell.

"they did not appear drunk to me."

Nor me - and that is no excuse at all, but they have been hit in the pocket already, and there is the threat of a fine and/or jail time. It costs money to keep people in jail, so I think that the former option will be applied rather than the latter, and then they should be deported.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sambum said:

"they did not appear drunk to me."

Nor me - and that is no excuse at all, but they have been hit in the pocket already, and there is the threat of a fine and/or jail time. It costs money to keep people in jail, so I think that the former option will be applied rather than the latter, and then they should be deported.

After community service , after they have cleaned off their "artistry" 

I, for one, am happy that Thailand takes things like this seriously and hope they throw the book at these jerks.  My partner and I were in Europe in April and we were appalled about all the graffiti everywhere--even in the nice areas of Paris and Rome.  Beautiful, old buildings in Paris and graffiti scrawled on them.  So sad.  Apparently, they can't be bothered with doing anything about it.  I like that you don't see that much graffiti in Thailand--at least not yet.

10 hours ago, SammyT said:

They had the spray paint in their bag. It's hardly a spur of the moment thing. Also, I'm pretty sure "I was drunk" isn't really a legitimate excuse - thousands of other people managed to get drunk in Bangkok the same night without doing stupid shit like that. 

but it was a good excuse ????

39 minutes ago, newnative said:

I, for one, am happy that Thailand takes things like this seriously and hope they throw the book at these jerks.  My partner and I were in Europe in April and we were appalled about all the graffiti everywhere--even in the nice areas of Paris and Rome.  Beautiful, old buildings in Paris and graffiti scrawled on them.  So sad.  Apparently, they can't be bothered with doing anything about it.  I like that you don't see that much graffiti in Thailand--at least not yet.

No we just don't give a <deleted> in europe because we havs real issues to deal with like drunk driving and corruption, rape cases etc stuff that is of no interest in thailand ????

It's part of the youth movement todo stupid stuff like this, we all did. Totally not worth the fuss they make about it again ????

8 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

No we just don't give a <deleted> in europe because we havs real issues to deal with like drunk driving and corruption, rape cases etc stuff that is of no interest in thailand ????

It's part of the youth movement todo stupid stuff like this, we all did. Totally not worth the fuss they make about it again ????

I disagree.  And, no, not all of us did acts of vandalism in our youth.  Vandalism against private property may not be as important as some other crimes but that doesn't mean it should be ignored.  

There are very, very few things in life that I can't tolerate, but I absolutely despise fools who go around vandalising other people's property!  

What a pair of nobs the both of them! 

Don't vandalize in Thailand you'll get caught and face jail! - US man warns tourists"

not to mention the death penalty for yoga poses at buddhist shrines

which behavior is more risky, riding in a van or graffiti painting?

They are professional grafitti artists , taking pictures of their work and posting it online. So this is not just a night out and getting drunk. 

3 hours ago, wisperone said:

Save your lame ass excuse.  Hope they both get jail time. Inexcusable. Twit.

https://www.vice.com/en_au/article/5gqgaq/writers-block-bangkok-graffiti-matures-amid-beef-and-growing-pains

https://www.bkkgraff.com/

Should lock up these thai artists i guess too ???? yeah i agree what they do sucks, give them 1000 social hours and let them clean the whole goddamn city but wishing them 10 years in jail or worse is just stupid. It's as laughable as the latest sextoy raid on Nana today for me.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:00 AM, SiSePuede419 said:

Those aren't tourists.  Those are vandals.

van·dal
/ˈvandl/
noun
plural noun: vandals; plural noun: Vandals
  1. 1.
    a person who deliberately destroys or damages public or private property.

They are street artists 

10 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

They are street artists 

They are morons.  They need a nudge in the right direction, like at least 30 days in a Thai jail and a large fine. Who the hell do they think they are? 

When I was 24 I worked as a manager for a well known company, and tried to create a future for myself. These morons don't have a future, 

13 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

They are morons.  They need a nudge in the right direction, like at least 30 days in a Thai jail and a large fine. Who the hell do they think they are? 

I wonder if you would say the same about Banksy :)???

• 2 weeks later...

Archived