Video: Large police and army contingent inspect Walking Street - no prostitution found!

webfact

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

They would have to have "evidence of prostitution". This means evidence of money being exchanged for sex in the premises. Ridiculing the Thai police is good fun but most people have little idea of how Thai law works.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Very true. And more: there also has to be evidence of active, specific solicitation (not indirect or implied) beforehand, as both "promiscuous" and "solicitation" are vaguely defined. Proving prostitution would require an undercover operation, case-by-case, and avoid a legal defense against entrapment. Even the periodic roundups (en masse) on Beach Rd. can be considered as technically illegal and done for show, "improving the image." It's in recognition of the law that the bars in Soi 6 moved their short-time rooms technically outside of their premises, with separate entrances. Now they're legal.

Congrats on your persistence in bringing up the actual law but as you know it's just pissin' the wind here as it's spoiling the fun of applying a false legal standard. (Hence I've given up.) The headline plays to the ignorance and bigotry of the peanut gallery for the page views, though it's true that "journalists" often don't know the law either and mindlessly repeat the standard applied in other countries or what they've read elsewhere.

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Now this just makes them look totally rediculous and stupid.  What a laughing stock and they bring great shame on Thailand.  Not one could find a single prostitute, I call lies, corruption and coverups.  You're drowning in them you fools

No, actually the thread just makes our members such as yourself look foolish & stupid to anyone who knows the actual Thai law (in the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996). Simply exchanging money for sex isn't illegal and isn't prostitution here. (If it were then--OMG!) Note that the cops checked for underage employees and receive no credit for that, although posters here have no evidence to the contrary. Havin' too much fun here!

thaicops.jpg.66bcaa6709cd1b1a4a5ae825cec080f7.jpg

Just another PR stunt tp promote Pattaya as a family friendly destination with its filthy ,polluted,man made beach which got washed away and Jomtien suffering a massive sewerage discharge into the sea.

Why are the Army involved ?its not a national security issue or were they there to keep an eye on the BIB ?

23 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Ha ha! Having the evidence to arrest someone for it!

I can see it now. Confused foreigner: "The policeman pulled my trousers and underpants down, saying I was being arrested for going equipped for prostitution."

I was obviously referring to blokes on Thaivisa talking about their false impression of what constitutes prostitution, not about mushers being caught in the act.  Some here seem to think that a girl being a go-go dancer means that she would be prosecuted for prostitution just by virtue of her dancing in a bar.  That is not prostitution, per se.

On 6/7/2019 at 3:11 AM, webfact said:

Large police and army contingent inspect Walking Street - no prostitution found!

Says a lot about their their ability. Probably couldn't find booze in a liquor store. Pathetic, but then again, it's the Pattaya police force.

OK, no problem let's overwhelm the place with families.

Leave no room for bar flies and bar girl customers, I have a name for them high quality tourists.

How will that work for you all, Pattaya becomes the beacon of morality and goes broke.

There's no prostitution sounds like prostitutes never have sex.

IMO, the biggest whore house in SEA, but no whores?

Gotta be kiddin'. 

Plenty of cops never find drugs because they confiscate them and keep it. God bless them for their morality. 

18 hours ago, Jimdandy said:

You could be in Uzbekistan, play a game of word association, say Pattaya and I bet you'd get prostitution as your answer.

Just in case people forget, the authorities like to roll out these high profile reminders every few months about what the resort is famous for. Despite Chuck Wow's self sacrifice in taking a motosai beating while trying to promote the sleaze to the wider world, they're definitely the week's winners in the great Pattaya prostitution publicity drive. 

7 hours ago, Skallywag said:

All I ever see on Walking Street are Chinese tourists and Ladies advertising the beer prices or dancing entertainment offered inside their establishments. 

There obviously isn't much to be seen, as the ladyboys are not inclined to put their hands into the tight brown pants of a man with a gun. Go figure. 

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Just another PR stunt tp promote Pattaya as a family friendly destination with its filthy ,polluted,man made beach which got washed away and Jomtien suffering a massive sewerage discharge into the sea.

Why are the Army involved ?its not a national security issue or were they there to keep an eye on the BIB ?

Why are the Army involved ?-????

Perhaps because they rule the country? -????

Now the photo op of senior officers dressed in full battle dress is done they can go back to their main job of collecting 50 million baht a month from the prostitution venues. I wonder why the Thai public puts up with this nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Why are the Army involved ?-????

Perhaps because they rule the country? -????

Another question would be why is the Department of Provincial Administration, which issues ID cards, involved.  Perhaps something to do with issuing licences for bars.

If these guys in fancy combat uniforms, who have never seen any real combat, can't catch even one out of an army of 5,000 unarmed scantily clad hookers, I wonder what they would do, if facing an invasion by battle hardened, motivated Burmese troops.  

5 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

Another question would be why is the Department of Provincial Administration, which issues ID cards, involved.  Perhaps something to do with issuing licences for bars.

If these guys in fancy combat uniforms, who have never seen any real combat, can't catch even one out of an army of 5,000 unarmed scantily clad hookers, I wonder what they would do, if facing an invasion by battle hardened, motivated Burmese troops.  

Send in the conscripts while they run away whining for their mammy ????

Archived