Video: Large police and army contingent inspect Walking Street - no prostitution found!

webfact

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine strolling along Clacton-on-Sea sea front watching armed Paras darting between the dust bins looking for dodgy looking birds and the effect on holiday folk...

Has LOS never heard of "undercover" operations....Well I reckon no, still in that photo shoot mentality that warns all the naughty folk to disappear for a couple of hours..

1 hour ago, Seismic said:

Prostitution is not defined as "having a room on site available for sex".

That's probably correct but what is the definition?  Walking along the street, regardless of the manner of dress, isn't prostitution, dancing in a go-go bar isn't prostitution, talking to customers isn't prostitution, serving drinks in a beer bar isn't either.

Just another pathetic spectacle that reminds everyone who is in power And further damages the image and tourism of this place...

Not to mention the call for people to snitch on each other that is taken from histories darkest places.. (divide and rule) ????

1 minute ago, LongTang said:

Just another pathetic spectacle that reminds everyone who is in power And further damages the image and tourism in this place... ????

Correct, and what amazes me is that those "in control" cannot see the things they do make them look daft.....

59 minutes ago, nikmar said:

You have to wonder if they really want the international press to see a photo of 200 law enforcers surrounded by go go bars proclaiming "no prostitution here". Can you imagine the Dutch police doing the same in Amsterdams red light district. ????

Ignoring the fact that the pros in Amsterdam's red light windows are not illegal so the Dutch police would have no reason to do that, are there any women directly advertising themselves as prostitutes and there for no other reason in shop windows in Pattaya?

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

Some blokes on here blindly try to ignore what actually constitutes prostitution and being in the position to be arrested for it or the police having the evidence to arrest someone for it.

Holiday blokes from around the world going to Patts know exactly what they are going there for, even with the risks...The LOS authorities know why blokes from all around the world go to Patts.......Toooo many LOS folk with fingers in the Patts cash pie to fix stuff, fix stuff, lose the cash flow..

33 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Some blokes on here blindly try to ignore what actually constitutes prostitution and being in the position to be arrested for it or the police having the evidence to arrest someone for it.

If the police paid me 500bht per prostitute caught, I reckon I could wear a wire and get about 100 collars a night.

They'd have to provide me with a work permit of course to keep it all legal.

And it would put 199 of the 200 police out of work.

2 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

Restores my faith in the established uniformed services here

Ignorance (arrogance?) truly is bliss......

Kind of like their search for democracy... They're supposedly looking for that, but can't find it either....  Maybe they're not quite looking hard enough!

1 hour ago, transam said:

Can you imagine strolling along Clacton-on-Sea sea front watching armed Paras darting between the dust bins looking for dodgy looking birds and the effect on holiday folk...

Has LOS never heard of "undercover" operations....Well I reckon no, still in that photo shoot mentality that warns all the naughty folk to disappear for a couple of hours..

The result is what the top man wants to hear - irrespective of the truth. Those below make sure they report what they are expected to say.

As we know, truth is not important here, face is.

When Pawena Hongsakul did exactly the same report for Thaksin almost twenty years ago, she reported "I saw no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya" - word-for-word.

She came in the GoGo bar I ran and asked leading questions of the dancers:

You are over eighteen, aren't you?

You don't go with customers for money, do you?

Do you think any Thai is going to answer someone from the office of the prime minister with anything but what they were effectively told to reply with?

Pawena left Pattaya being able to say what she already knew in advance she was going to say.

This latest charade is no different.

1 minute ago, BestB said:

What a better way to bring back tourists than to bring a few battalions of army and police to tourist zone .

great thinking ????

Quite.

In my post above regarding Pawena coming in the bar years ago, she was accompanied by half-a-dozen self-important-looking policeman, which immediately frightened all the customers away.

I am confused we now have a new democratically elected Civilian PM so why are the army still on the streets surely they should have all returned back to their barracks by now . I cannot see the public being to happy if the army are going to continue the role they have been doing since the coupe took place this is not good for Thailand  

Archived