Video: Large police and army contingent inspect Walking Street - no prostitution found!

webfact

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya's finest have once again been unable to find any evidence of prostitution in Thailand's most famous red light district.

So now they can change the name to 'Thailand's most famous GREEN light district'.

"They were unable to find any evidence of prostitution. "

If I was a police officer, I also wouldn't want to confiscate used condoms as evidence 555

8 hours ago, jingjai9 said:

I think much of this is PR for the world. For better or worse, Thailand has traditionally tolerated many kinds of behavior that the west condemns or at least frowns upon. From my experience here over the years, Thais would have no problem ignoring many "offensive" or politically incorrect activities, but the western countries practice what you could call extraterritorial jurisdiction. That is, they often impose their laws and values on emerging countries with threats of economic sanctions or withholding of monetary aid as well as more subtle forms of hegemony. The pictures here, to me, serves as an example of how Thailand deals with prostitution. The "dragnet" pictured in this article I would say is an appropriate response to a ridiculous request. 

But it's not PR it's the absolute opposite the whole world and his whore are laughing at 'em.  That said the second definition might apply to a lot of the hunters rather than the hunted. 

Just for reference....

prostitution
/ˌprɒstɪˈtʃuːʃn,ˌprɒstɪˈtjuːʃn/
noun

1. the practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment.
    "the sale of captives into slavery and prostitution"
    synonyms: whoring, the sex industry, streetwalking, Mrs Warren's profession, white slavery, sex tourism; More

• the unworthy or corrupt use of one's talents for personal or financial gain.

1 hour ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

But it's not PR it's the absolute opposite the whole world and his whore are laughing at 'em.  That said the second definition might apply to a lot of the hunters rather than the hunted. 

Just for reference....

prostitution
noun

1. the practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment.
    synonyms: whoring, the sex industry, streetwalking, Mrs Warren's profession, white slavery, sex tourism; More

OK.  So if no money changes hands, then there is no payment, so therefore no prostitution?

Now this just makes them look totally rediculous and stupid.  What a laughing stock and they bring great shame on Thailand.  Not one could find a single prostitute, I call lies, corruption and coverups.  You're drowning in them you fools

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya's finest have once again been unable to find any evidence of prostitution in Thailand's most famous red light district

Haha. Good to know that prostitution has been eliminated there. But what about paid dating back to your hotel room for the night? Hmm... 

Now this just makes them look totally rediculous and stupid.  What a laughing stock and they bring great shame on Thailand.  Not one could find a single prostitute, I call lies, corruption and coverups.  You're drowning in them you fools
They would have to have "evidence of prostitution". This means evidence of money being exchanged for sex in the premises. Ridiculing the Thai police is good fun but most people have little idea of how Thai law works.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, apophyss said:

EVERY weeks Thailand make news like a first april,

but it's no a joke !

When they will understrand they looks so stupid for all the world ?

It's a display of power. They know that nobody believes them but they don't care because they are running a dictatorship and they can do what they want and say what they want and nobody can do anything about it.

U can laugh at them but they are the ones laughing while robbing the country blind.

8 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:
prostitution
noun

Yes, if you go out on a date with a girl and pay for dinner or a movie, and she wants to go back with you to your hotel room, she is a prostitute.  

Men who live with a woman and give them a monthly "allowance" are all living with prostitutes.

So any consensual relationship becomes illegal if there is "financial or personal gain" ? 

If so most authorities would have to turn themselves in, unless they can prove themselves as celibate 

22 hours ago, steven100 said:

Holy Moley  !!  there must be 200 cops their  !

Thailand doesn't have any prostitution ....  well I'm glad to hear that. 

That means it's a clean place for families ... right ... !

It wasn't checking Thailand nationwide only 1 street in Pattaya. 

1 hour ago, brewsterbudgen said:
4 hours ago, Thechook said:

All I ever see on Walking Street are Chinese tourists and Ladies advertising the beer prices or dancing entertainment offered inside their establishments. 

Archived