Engagement ring is it good for this price?

Badb0y

15 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

Check how many gold baht it is and add the cost for the making  into a ring.    There's a formula I think for figuring the workmanship of the ring. 

It's a but difficult ????

Maybe someone has an idea about these kind of stuffs.

40 minutes ago, eezergood said:

nonsense - i see many wearing them, including my wife

Engagement rings are a farang idea, not a Thai custom. Not necessary to buy her one.

I bought my intended a silver one with a zirconium. She was happy enough with that, but stopped wearing it anyway.

1 hour ago, Badb0y said:

or there is some other place where I can buy cheaper?

You want cheaper for the ring for the love of your life?

Better ask her to which shop you should go. I am sure she will find the perfect shop.

And don't forget your credit card. ???? 

18 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Engagement rings are a farang idea, not a Thai custom. Not necessary to buy her one.

I bought my intended a silver one with a zirconium. She was happy enough with that, but stopped wearing it anyway.

Probably all her "friends" asked her why she has such a cheap silver ring - not even gold.

Then she decided to never wear it again.

Sorry - don't take it personal.

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Probably all her "friends" asked her why she has such a cheap silver ring - not even gold.

Then she decided to never wear it again.

Sorry - don't take it personal.

No problem.

If she had been the sort to demand a real gold ring with genuine diamond, I doubt I'd have married her. I certainly would not have bought her one.

I gave my first a family heirloom ring, but I got it back when we were over.

Well, I would buy the ring second hand or wholesale. Wholesale means like at 35% retail.

The day after, you won't be getting more than 20% for that ring, remember that.

You might love her, but do you want to reward some dealers, or her? Buy something else with the money you can save...

1 hour ago, Kf6vci said:

Well, I would buy the ring second hand or wholesale. Wholesale means like at 35% retail.

The day after, you won't be getting more than 20% for that ring, remember that.

You might love her, but do you want to reward some dealers, or her? Buy something else with the money you can save...

Where?

8 minutes ago, Badb0y said:

There is a link in my post and if you click on it in the description you can find 0.3ct GIA certified.

Had to mouse over to find it (word "this") font looks normal on my computer.  Diamonds are available in Thailand and suspect settings will be higher grade gold.  The traditional sellers are in Chinatown in the same area as electronics are sold (Ban Mo).

11 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Ask someone who lives in Thailand. 

Are 17 years long enough to let you know that not only my wife and I are wearing our wedding rings? 

May I ask you if you're here on a holiday, or if you're living here? And if so, for how long?

The reason why I'm asking is pretty easy to understand. Too many people here talk about things where they really know nothing about it.

On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 3:27 AM, Isaanbiker said:

Are 17 years long enough to let you know that not only my wife and I are wearing our wedding rings? 

May I ask you if you're here on a holiday, or if you're living here? And if so, for how long?

The reason why I'm asking is pretty easy to understand. Too many people here talk about things where they really know nothing about it.

Thais now do loads of things now that were never customary before mass tourism started.

Just because some do, does not mean that it is necessary. If you want to wear rings, no one will stop you, but don't tell newbies that it's required. Come to that, it's not even required in the west. Engagement rings were an invention of the diamond sellers to sell more diamonds.

I'm talking about engagement rings and not wedding rings because the thread is about engagement rings.

Archived