Mother leaves her FIFTH child in the trash: The boy was one too many to look after

webfact

Mother leaves her FIFTH child in the trash: The boy was one too many to look after

7pm.jpg

Caption: The fifth child was just too much

A 29 year old Thai woman has been arrested after she went with her son on a motorcycle to some bins and left her newborn baby boy in a bag. 

She said that she already had four children and couldn't afford another. This child was her fifth.

Pho Kaew, Nakorn Pathom police were called after the baby was found in between two bins in the Sampran area.

The boy was taken to Sampran Hospital. 

Study of CCTV soon led to the mother's house in Samut Sakhon.

She admitted that the baby had been born in her toilet earlier on Wednesday. She had cut the umbilical cord herself and then gone with her grown son to leave the baby in Sampran. 

She said that she had no money for food and milk. She already had four children and a fifth was just too much. She hoped someone would find him and take care of him. 

She said her husband was working in another province as a driver and didn't know what she did. He earns 10,000 baht a month but in these desperate economic times that is not enough to raise a big family. 

She said she regrets what she did now and did it in a confused state.

She has been charged with abandoning a child under 9 years of age. 

She was taken to hospital suffering from exhaustion. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-07

Not enough money to raise your children? How about using contraception or getting sterilized. Hopefully the relevant authorities will find the baby a good, loving home.

Is this 2019 or 1019? people still throwing newly born to the garbage?even animals don't do that, i wish someone could have put her in a garbage bin, confused and all, and shut the lid on her for good...

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

Maybe the new government will offer free sterilization to women with large families?

Or financial assistance such as the family allowance we have back home. It is easy to criticise the mother, who was clearly in a desperate position. Can't afford to feed the kids she has, so probably can't afford contraception either. I thank my lucky stars neither I nor my family have ever been put in such a position. I fully believe her when she says she was in a confused state, just absolutely no idea what to do.

One hopes someone will step in to provide the necessary assistance here, because her remaining kids obviously need to eat too.

2 hours ago, shady86 said:

Poor child, born in a place where quantity is above quality.

It is not really a case of quantity is above quality, more a lack of support perhaps from her family, the government etc.

She probably has no real idea of birth control a husband working away earning about 10,000 baht a month to support himself, his wife and 4 children already. She has no money to feed herself and her children.

There are no social services in Thailand and I don't expect that anybody has told her that she can receive child benefit for each of her children, help with school clothing books etc.

When I first came to Thailand and began seeing these stories and the road deaths I was completely distraught...could not understand it, now, I expect it.  Numb from reading about these idiots  The Thais that should and can care - DO NOT! I'm going back to my Chang...let God, buddha or who figure this out.

I love the way that so many posters are condemning the mother but I don't think any of you have ever been in a position like hers.

Try imagining what it must be like for the mother. At home with 4 other children, husband working away and perhaps sending some money or not, not enough money to feed the existing 4 children, no support from her neighbours and possibly none from her or her husbands family. No social services as the western countries have.

True she should have gone to hospital to have the baby and tell the staff there the story but who would look after the 4 other children?

Try walking a mile in her shoes and in her position and see how you feel then.

50 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

maybe not for the same reasons, but moses was  an abandoned  child as well who later on became a great leader. that said,  if you believe in the bible

Aside from the biblical references there is no evidence in the archaeological and historical record of Moses's existence. There is no exact time frame for when the events of Exodus may have occurred -- with scholarly conjecture spanning more than half a millennium. Nor do we know the identity of the villainous Pharaoh in the Bible, cast in films repeatedly as Ramesses II. That pharaoh is famed for his conquests and building projects. But in their digs and readings of inscriptions and papyrus, historians have found no trace of Moses under Ramesses's reign.  However, I did see a pink unicorn the other day..........

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Or financial assistance such as the family allowance we have back home

Which in turn just encourages people to have more kids that they can't afford and the rest of society ends up paying for them. Bad idea.

10 hours ago, Mackstask said:

Uneducated piece of trash, worst than an animal. 

That's what i would call you for an inane comment like that.

10 hours ago, ezzra said:

Is this 2019 or 1019? people still throwing newly born to the garbage?even animals don't do that, i wish someone could have put her in a garbage bin, confused and all, and shut the lid on her for good...

The woman obviously has issues.

Your lack of tolerance and empathy shows you have never been on the wrong side of the tracks.

7 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

She is an animal...but any other type of animal would never do such a thing !

Ditto.

Some sad, bitter, angry white men on this forum these days...

16 hours ago, NicoBKK said:

Yah yah, then she left it in a trash bin.

Fair point... her concern only went as far as th garbage bins... why not leave the baby somewhere where it will quickly found in better surroundings?

Archived