Mother leaves her FIFTH child in the trash: The boy was one too many to look after

webfact

I get pissed off upset at the thought of people who have never been hungry, thirsty, flat out broke sneering down their noses at those who have nothing, not even hope.

Perhaps I am getting soft in my old age but as it is said, There but for the grace of some deity go I.

Not one of the negative posters have ever been in the situation that the mother has been.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I get pissed off upset at the thought of people who have never been hungry, thirsty, flat out broke sneering down their noses at those who have nothing, not even hope.

Perhaps I am getting soft in my old age but as it is said, There but for the grace of some diety go I.

Not one of the negative posters have ever been in the situation that the mother has been.

Its the fact that she left a new born child for dead  , she could have breastfeed it for free foe a few months or left the baby where it would definitely have  been found .

No excuse for leaving a new born in the rubbish 

On 6/7/2019 at 3:13 PM, mike787 said:

When I first came to Thailand and began seeing these stories and the road deaths I was completely distraught...could not understand it, now, I expect it.  Numb from reading about these idiots  The Thais that should and can care - DO NOT! I'm going back to my Chang...let God, buddha or who figure this out.

Go back to your  Chang  then. It is  that that  formulates  the  ignorance that  culminates in this type of  resort. Nobody  cares.  A stray dog is  an equivalent.  No problem. You are  not  the  mother  or the  child.

Not  your  responsibility. No need  to  support anything  to assist . How  can you.

A distressed  29 year old  women who not only is destitute but  marginalized  by  socio economic situation  is also so desperate abandons a  newborn.

Trash person.

?

The  daily  cost  of  your  preferred  Chang is likely the difference  of the woman's  choice  in  keeping  the  baby.

Your  luck. Not hers. Understand the perspective  while  you "enjoy'. It is  most likely  your  initiative  to  be in Thailand.

On 6/7/2019 at 11:04 AM, darksidedog said:

Or financial assistance such as the family allowance we have back home. It is easy to criticise the mother, who was clearly in a desperate position. Can't afford to feed the kids she has, so probably can't afford contraception either. I thank my lucky stars neither I nor my family have ever been put in such a position. I fully believe her when she says she was in a confused state, just absolutely no idea what to do.

One hopes someone will step in to provide the necessary assistance here, because her remaining kids obviously need to eat too.

And why other people has to pay for this 

If you don't have money don't make babies 

We live in 21 centuries 

Never heard about condoms?? 

Yes in Europe people get benefits from government mostly immigrant and that piss meny people off 

People need to take responsibility for their own actions 

The barbarity of these stories, from recent memory: a father's attempted IMMOLATION of his son, a teen mother burying her newborn ALIVE, the sustained brutality on a SIX year old for bed-wetting, now a newborn dumped in the TRASH. What's wrong with these people?

I wonder how many of these newborn-dumpings go unreported, or even unnoticed if the trash-collectors just unknowingly scoop up the child (dead or alive) along with the trash, or if a pack of soi-dogs neatly clean up the evidence. Is this the unspoken reason why otherwise seemingly useless and irritating packs of soi-dogs are tolerated around here?

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:54 AM, ezzra said:

Is this 2019 or 1019? people still throwing newly born to the garbage?even animals don't do that, i wish someone could have put her in a garbage bin, confused and all, and shut the lid on her for good...

Some animals eat their own young or the young of others of the same species.  Some male animals kill the young of the female that want to mate with to bring her into season again.  Some animals leave their young to look after themselves, or even lay eggs and leave them in mud to hatch out and the young fend for themselves. Don't compare the human species to other animals species.. its stupid and pointless.   Our closest 'relatives' are monkeys and chimps, which regularly kill or abuse their own young, so it seems with your idea the woman was doing the natural thing here.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:04 AM, darksidedog said:

Or financial assistance such as the family allowance we have back home. It is easy to criticise the mother, who was clearly in a desperate position. Can't afford to feed the kids she has, so probably can't afford contraception either. I thank my lucky stars neither I nor my family have ever been put in such a position. I fully believe her when she says she was in a confused state, just absolutely no idea what to do.

One hopes someone will step in to provide the necessary assistance here, because her remaining kids obviously need to eat too.

Yes, and then the poor people will have as many kids as they can to get free money off the government …. why get a job when you can just keep popping out kids (and probably being a very bad parent while your at it).

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

Its the fact that she left a new born child for dead  , she could have breastfeed it for free foe a few months or left the baby where it would definitely have  been found .

What about the nappies, clothes, medical care, and all the rest of the stuff that go with having a baby?  What she did shows she was having some kind of breakdown.... so not thinking clearly when she was leaving the baby there.  Severe mental stress will do that to a person sometimes!

14 hours ago, sanemax said:

You do realise that to breastfeed a child the mother needs be fed as well. In the posts somewhere is that she has no money to feed her other 4 children.

I do agree that she should have left the baby somewhere safer but IMHO she was most probably not thinking straight.

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

wrong post. Sorry

Where do you leave an unwanted child in Nakhon Nowhere? In the hospital that she didn't go to, with the police, with the pu yai ban?

You will probably find that people go to the rubbish bin very often.

4 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

And why other people has to pay for this 

If you don't have money don't make babies 

We live in 21 centuries 

Never heard about condoms?? 

Yes in Europe people get benefits from government mostly immigrant and that piss meny people off 

People need to take responsibility for their own actions 

She probably has not heard of condoms or the contraceptive pill for women. They cost money which she does not have.

You might be in the 21st century in the west but this is Thailand now. certainly in the 20th century but which half I don't know.

People need to be taught responsibility here in Thailand and that is not easy to learn.

Women in particular, unless they are very strong are usually treated very badly. They become pregnant by their husbands/boyfriends and by the time the baby is born the male has buggered off.

The police are not interested unless there is money in it for them, and for what passes for social services in Thailand is virtually non existent.

She hoped someone would find him and take care of him. 

That's quite a tricky situation for a woman who's already got four kids and a husband who's using some money for Karaoke bars when on the road.

Most Thai students do not have sexual education, the loss of face makes sex to something terrible, so they don't go to see a doctor and get free contraception prescribed, using their ID card.

We do not understand what life's like being in such a situation, so I'd never call her an animal. But I'm sure that she could have left the baby near or at a hospital.

Thailand spends so much money on education, but most of it for things that nobody needs, or cash that vaporizes. 

Kids should have sexual education at school, preparing them for anything that could happen. I don't blame the mother, I blame the system, and it got much worse in the last five years, didn't it? 

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:36 AM, Mango Bob said:

She should be charged with attempted murder.  I could do that to one of our baby parrots no less a child.

She did not attempt to kill the baby.  Why charge her with something that would get thrown out of court (assuming that a prosecutor would even accept that charge) when she could be charged with the alternative of the actual crime she committed and punished accordingly?  

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Anyone, anyone at all can be a parent and is allowed to have unlimited numbers of children whether they can afford it or not. Very primitive.

That applies to almost the entire planet, including your country.

16 hours ago, sanemax said:

Sorry, but you do not know whether she could have breastfed the baby, many women can't.  There is a lot more to caring for a newborn than just feeding him and it all involves expense.

She did not leave the baby "in the rubbish" and the baby was definitely found, no need to blame her for something that didn't happen!

2 hours ago, law ling said:

The barbarity of these stories, from recent memory: a father's attempted IMMOLATION of his son, a teen mother burying her newborn ALIVE, the sustained brutality on a SIX year old for bed-wetting, now a newborn dumped in the TRASH. What's wrong with these people?

I wonder how many of these newborn-dumpings go unreported, or even unnoticed if the trash-collectors just unknowingly scoop up the child (dead or alive) along with the trash, or if a pack of soi-dogs neatly clean up the evidence. Is this the unspoken reason why otherwise seemingly useless and irritating packs of soi-dogs are tolerated around here?

"...now a newborn dumped in the TRASH".

He was not just "dumped in the trash", he was left between the bins specifically in the knowledge that someone would find the child! 

"I wonder how many of these newborn-dumpings go unreported..."

Why should there be any more?

"...or if a pack of soi-dogs neatly clean up the evidence. Is this the unspoken reason why otherwise seemingly useless and irritating packs of soi-dogs are tolerated around here?"

That sort of comment deserves so much derision and contempt that if I did put it in words I'd be in a lot of trouble with the mods.  It's also a huge slur on Thailand and Thai society in general which is probably a violation of forum rules.

3 hours ago, billd766 said:

You do realise that to breastfeed a child the mother needs be fed as well. In the posts somewhere is that she has no money to feed her other 4 children.

There was also the option of not getting pregnant again ?

Was family planning too much to ask? How about making a bit of an effort to not get pregnant? We are not talking about rocket science here. Also, there are adoption agencies. A trash bin is a bit much. Behave like a human being, if you want the right to consume oxygen, please. 

2 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"...now a newborn dumped in the TRASH".

He was not just "dumped in the trash", he was left between the bins specifically in the knowledge that someone would find the child! 

"I wonder how many of these newborn-dumpings go unreported..."

Why should there be any more?

"...or if a pack of soi-dogs neatly clean up the evidence. Is this the unspoken reason why otherwise seemingly useless and irritating packs of soi-dogs are tolerated around here?"

That sort of comment deserves so much derision and contempt that if I did put it in words I'd be in a lot of trouble with the mods.  It's also a huge slur on Thailand and Thai society in general which is probably a violation of forum rules.

There was no knowledge that  someone would find him .

It was just luck that  someone found him in time before he perished .

It would also be a distinct possibility that some some wild animals would discover the baby first and eat it 

4 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Was family planning too much to ask? How about making a bit of an effort to not get pregnant? We are not talking about rocket science here. Also, there are adoption agencies. A trash bin is a bit much. Behave like a human being, if you want the right to consume oxygen, please. 

Are there family planning clinics in Thailand?

All I have found so far on Google Family planning clinics is this one https://www.ippf.org/about-us/member-associations/thailand

and some case studies.

I suspect that family planning is on a back burner in Thailand.

There are strict rules for adoption in Thailand IF you are a foreigner.

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thailand-adoption-procedure.php

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/thailand-adoption-procedure.php

To find more information will take time and effort. AFAICS there are few orphanages outside the big cities. Out in Nakhon Nowhere children tend to be informally adopted by their families, aunties etc as there is little else that they can do.

Much as I agree with your comments, out in rural Thailand life is a lot different than in the cities.

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

That is why I wrote anyone, anyone at all. Anyone includes anyone, anywhere. I thought that might be obvious.

This is Thaivisa, so that was not so obvious bearing in mind the battering that Thailand, it's people and it's policies get here every single day without fail.  I thought that may have been obvious.

But I'm glad that you're agreeing that all the most advanced countries in the west, not just Thailand, have a primitive attitude to the numbers of children that are born to individuals, yes?

Once again the lack of compassion and empathy for this woman and her circumstances is astounding.

I would suggest that there is not only the matter of the birth of another child, extreme poverty, lack of community support for her and children, but possibly long standing depression and anxiety.

Can she even afford to send the other kids to school??

36 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

This is Thaivisa, so that was not so obvious bearing in mind the battering that Thailand, it's people and it's policies get here every single day without fail.  I thought that may have been obvious.

But I'm glad that you're agreeing that all the most advanced countries in the west, not just Thailand, have a primitive attitude to the numbers of children that are born to individuals, yes?

Of course. I didn't suggest in any way it is the case 'only in Thailand'. I cannot be held responsible for anyone assuming something that I didn't write.

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Once again the lack of compassion and empathy for this woman and her circumstances is astounding.

I would suggest that there is not only the matter of the birth of another child, extreme poverty, lack of community support for her and children, but possibly long standing depression and anxiety.

Can she even afford to send the other kids to school??

Maybe the lac of compassion towards her is because she left her newborn kid with the rubbing , left it for dead .

Why are you making excuses for her  , suggesting that she may have long standing depression or anxiety , even if she did have that , that doesnt excuse her actions 

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Maybe the lac of compassion towards her is because she left her newborn kid with the rubbing , left it for dead .

Why are you making excuses for her  , suggesting that she may have long standing depression or anxiety , even if she did have that , that doesnt excuse her actions 

Not making excuses; looking at possible reasons for her actions, and exercising some compassion for her situation. Her actions are reprehensible, but are POSSIBLY due to a range of circumstances.

So you want to dump your newborn baby in the rubbish bin , why not take your young son along for the ride to show him how its done . Just think about it , to throw a living human being away like taking out the rubbish . Where the poor dying infant will be slowly smothered by ants and rodents all waiting to take a bite out of the dying boy’s skin. As the little innocent defenseless soul dies an agonizing inhumane and barbaric slow painful death. The heartless mother who’s only intention was to kill him showed no compassion or human decency , only thinking about her self above all things . In my view there can be no justification for the mothers act regardless of her experiences or her circumstances . Nothing justifies throwing your own flesh and blood away with the rubbish. There are other options if the baby is unwanted. Leaving the newborn baby to die a slow death is nothing short of inhumane and in my eyes the mother is just a soulless savage.

Archived