Grab driver who went on TV loses his job after complaint from customer

webfact

Grab driver who went on TV loses his job after complaint from customer

8pm.jpg

Picture: Manager online

The issue of a Grab delivery driver who lost his job after appearing on TV following a customer complaint has been widely discussed in the Thai media. 

Panuwat Khoonthanasom was making a food delivery to an international college on Bang Na Trat Road. 

There appeared to be a disagreement over taking a spoon and fork up to the fourth floor along with the food.

The food was delivered but afterwards the customer went on the comments section for the account and said: "I'm not a lowlife like you". 

Panuwat went on Amarin TV then lost his job posting ironically: "As soon as I was on TV I lost my job. Thanks for your kindness 555".

Grab claimed that he threatened the customer. They have deactivated him meaning he can longer earn money from Grab.

He denies wrongdoing saying he made the delivery despite the restaurant suggesting he didn't have to as the customer was rude. 

He can appeal the ruling by email, said the company. 

The case has become a drama laced with opinions regarding Thai social status and social justice - with the issue of Grab services thrown in. 

Source: Manager online

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-07

Archived