LAZADA wallet no longer available to foreigners???

5 hours ago, userabcd said:

You can thank the OECD for all these financial rules they are pressurising countries around the world to comply with. All at great expense, time and inconvenience for customers to comply.

And Thailand is even not a member yet in 2018...See attachment situation 2018

But on present list they appear on it

list of country's for CRS reporting 

http://www.oecd.org/tax/transparency/about-the-global-forum/members/

Maybe hence more Financial changes to expect in Thailand …:whistling: 

OECD landen 2018.pdf

Edited by david555

Updated list for CRS May2019   ( I do not see Thailand on list as OECD and CRS reporting are not complete same purpose )

http://www.oecd.org/tax/automatic-exchange/crs-implementation-and-assistance/tax-identification-numbers/

(By information I found before was mentioned that by 2023 they possible would (consider …) it , on standard request from my E.U. banks 2 years ago I gave them the OECD screenshots and links to check CRS & OECD was not for Thailand possible  , and they replied it is not needed in case Thailand , and that the requests for their foreign addressed customers was send standard to ALL …. (with excuses ) 

:wink:

2019-06-07_194804.png

Edited by david555

17 hours ago, trd said:

I prefer cash on delivery. No hassles. If it doesn't arrive you don't pay, if you change your mind after you ordered you don't pay.

Unless the ordered items are coming from China (overseas)

then you don’t always have the COD option

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, robblok said:

I got the message too when trying to top up. Not a problem at allI like COD better anyway. 

I used to use COD, but I find it more convenient to pay with the Kbank app to transfer the cash and then have the products delivered to the condo office, so I can go get them at my leisure.  With COD you obviously have to be there to pay and sometimes I'm out or too busy or too lazy to go down and meet the delivery guy.  

Unless the ordered items are coming from China (overseas)
then you don’t always have the COD option

That used to be the case but everything I have recently ordered which has come from China has been COD.
  • Like 2

I just had notification that i have a bonus from  Lazada  they have credited my wallet with a huge windfall of  b2.38. :biggrin:

That apart the only time I have money put in there is by Lazada when I return something.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

I just had notification that i have a bonus from  Lazada  they have credited my wallet with a huge windfall of  b2.38. :biggrin:

By using the wallet when there were special incentives I have received a significant few thousand Baht over time .. store coupons.

A previous post from attrayant mentioned spending half a mill over time but I would suggest most of us 'bluudy foreigners' don't come up to those levels .. and in a country where corruption is yet to be contained 'our' spending is so trivial as for it to be farcical that it should come to the attention of the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Money_Laundering_Office_(Thailand). Being able to pay in cryptocurrencies maybe .. but Lazada Wallet as opposed to the many other ways to pay? Who [other than Dumb and Dumber] would consider that turning their [alledgely] ill-gotten gains into legitimate wares, by buying a few toasters from Lazada would be a solution?

I usually purchase only COD and on one occasion had a return for a falsely advertised product. After about 2 weeks had a full credit in my Lazada Wallet to spend again. 

From now on, would returned goods credited into the wallet be credit one couldn't spend in the future on any purchases if you are a foreigner? Dead money on returns? 

All small fry are considered potential money launderers.  

The actual money launderers employ lawyers and bank executives.  If they get caught, the bank pays a fine and no one goes to jail.  

Pretty stupid imho.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, owenm said:

I usually purchase only COD and on one occasion had a return for a falsely advertised product. After about 2 weeks had a full credit in my Lazada Wallet to spend again. 

From now on, would returned goods credited into the wallet be credit one couldn't spend in the future on any purchases if you are a foreigner? Dead money on returns? 

Can still purchase with money in wallet; but can't top up.

I just tried to top up = NO.

BUT did a purchase with balance in wallet.

Edited by newatthis
addition
  • Like 1

Lazada is losing more & more customers day by day.

I have tried them twice now and both times the sellers ended up being fake and fraudulent, no stock, no questions answered, and 27 angry customers.

Lazada is rubbish, their customer service chat live is run by a bunch of maybe 2-3 unprofessional kids, they just pass the buck if there's a problem.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Lazada is losing more & more customers day by day.

I have tried them twice now and both times the sellers ended up being fake and fraudulent, no stock, no questions answered, and 27 angry customers.

Lazada is rubbish, their customer service chat live is run by a bunch of maybe 2-3 unprofessional kids, they just pass the buck if there's a problem.

With 27 angry customers I doubt anyone would purchase that product anyway !

But, I agree it does seem to be more problematic of late. It used to run quite well and with no real issues, but I too am now wary of them and more careful what and who and where I choose to buy from.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, trd said:

I prefer cash on delivery. No hassles. If it doesn't arrive you don't pay, if you change your mind after you ordered you don't pay.

sure its a hassle you got to be home for hours if you really want the product they can be very late

3 minutes ago, madmen said:

sure its a hassle you got to be home for hours if you really want the product they can be very late

Only if you're a sad old guy living alone and not friends with your neighbours.

Four adults floating around in my house a lot of the time and another to large families across and beside.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1