LAZADA wallet no longer available to foreigners???

Similar experience with AIS MPay at the beginning of the year when I wanted to transfer funds BACK to my bank subsequent to PEA moving payment method to their own app. 

I have managed to link my KBank account to a PayPal account, (different email to my PayPal £ account) and I use the PayPal account to pay Lazada. 

sure its a hassle you got to be home for hours if you really want the product they can be very late
But it's not really like that is it? You can track the package and when you know it's going to be delivered the next day you can plan for it and then on the day I get a call from the driver telling me he's in the area and he will be delivering it. I mean what more do you want? I've even given the money to my neighbor to pay for it when I couldn't be there. Now contrast that with the experience of another neighbor who paid for something in advance, decided he didn't want it and didn't accept it from the driver and had three confusing phone calls from Lazada asking him why he didn't accept it before eventually getting the money re credited to his card which took about two weeks. I know which option I would rather go for.

53 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Would not be a big surprise if in future the OECD recommends to all member nations that a proof of source of funds and personal identification is required for all cash payments.

In my home country we can only pay cash up to 3000 € , anything higher must  by bank transaction 

Why all the concern and drama?

Just use a credit card or just do C O D.

I buy a lot with Lazada and very rarely ever had a problem and if u do.... contact their Customer Service.

I found them to be outstanding~!!

They handle it quickly.

Very good about keeping you informed.

Very good about follow up.

You can also link your Thai Bank ATM / Debit card to it.

Stop making a mystery out of it

• Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

We like wallet because refunds go there quickly, no waiting

Had the same problem on wallet, could not top up any more, so opened account in my wifes name, and top her account up before lazada wallet

Today had to reverify wife info, and enter her name in Thai, some cutting and pasting as we do not have thai keyboard I told them after chat lasting 50 mins I love EBAY

Lazada service has gone to the dogs, just beat them with Office of consumer Affairs and got full refund on an item they were refusing to refund

SAD they used to be so good and I thought honest

However we buy dog food 60 kilos at a time delivered from Bangkok FOC and substantially below what we pay in KhonKaen

On 6/7/2019 at 12:10 PM, attrayant said:

I had never heard of Lazada Wallet, so I went to checked it out.  Sure enough:

168308429_lazadawalletforeignersorry.PNG.c5449033aff35dbdd32953609d91faf2.PNG

I'm tempted to use my Thai brother's ID number just to see what happens.  I've spent almost half a million baht on Lazada since 2015 but instead I think I'll start doing more business with eBay and less with Lazada now.  Most of their stuff comes from China anyway and almost everything you can find on Lazada can be found on eBay at a lower price. 

If you've spent 500,000 baht on Lazada in the last 4 years without being aware of aware

of a wallet, why would you flounce off to eBay in some bizarre protest?

You could just carry on using their facilities in the same way as before unless this 

money laundering concern is across all purchasing platforms.

7 hours ago, trd said:
7 hours ago, madmen said:
sure its a hassle you got to be home for hours if you really want the product they can be very late

But it's not really like that is it? You can track the package and when you know it's going to be delivered the next day you can plan for it and then on the day I get a call from the driver telling me he's in the area and he will be delivering it. I mean what more do you want? I've even given the money to my neighbor to pay for it when I couldn't be there. Now contrast that with the experience of another neighbor who paid for something in advance, decided he didn't want it and didn't accept it from the driver and had three confusing phone calls from Lazada asking him why he didn't accept it before eventually getting the money re credited to his card which took about two weeks. I know which option I would rather go for.

Today I was out, delivery supposed to be in 2 days. Guy calls when he had arrived at my place, so no delivery today, cod.

Oh, and I have money in my wallet from a return. Can not activate, and option 'transfer to bank' does not work due to email or SMS not arriving to verify transaction.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevenl said:

Today I was out, delivery supposed to be in 2 days. Guy calls when he had arrived at my place, so no delivery today, cod.

Oh, and I have money in my wallet from a return. Can not activate, and option 'transfer to bank' does not work due to email or SMS not arriving to verify transaction.

Just contacted Lazada about the wallet.

They did confirm this is due to anti money laundering rules. I have money in the wallet due to refund, but can not activate or self withdraw to bank. Only option is contacting them and sending them copy page 1 passport and copy page 1 bankbook, after which they will send to bank.

I voiced my displeasure at this, and 'I will take it to my management' 'please make complaint in email', which I think will do some good, the present procedure is not workable and too much work for them if many people send them passport and bank information.

50 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Just contacted Lazada about the wallet.

They did confirm this is due to anti money laundering rules. I have money in the wallet due to refund, but can not activate or self withdraw to bank. Only option is contacting them and sending them copy page 1 passport and copy page 1 bankbook, after which they will send to bank.

I voiced my displeasure at this, and 'I will take it to my management' 'please make complaint in email', which I think will do some good, the present procedure is not workable and too much work for them if many people send them passport and bank information.

Done the same yesterday. They said BOT and AMLO rules. It is to protect us!!555. I said can I pay with my Kasikorn K+ app that is the one I top my wallet up with? Yes ok!! 555. I left it with a complaint too!!Screenshot_20190608-155326_Lazada.thumb.jpg.965a43e91ceace0ec75370b34276c796.jpg

Screenshot_20190608-155247_Lazada.jpg

Edited by DPKANKAN
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, david555 said:

In my home country we can only pay cash up to 3000 € , anything higher must  by bank transaction 

In my home country, France, the limit is now 1'000 €,

and no doubt they will lower it again within a few years...

They want to be able to trace nearly everything :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, stevenl said:

Same problem with wallet funds from refund. Repeated attempts to access have no result.

I am also a regular customer. If they are  going to "hold"  funds I am tempted to get  nasty !

I spoke to live now chat yesterday for 30 minutes to report fake or fraudulent companies on their website,  their first stupid response is '  I recommend you cancel the order sir and try to buy from another seller '  .......  this must be an automatic 1st Lazada response hoping the farang customer will say ok and forget about it.

Stupid company.

• Like 1

We foreigners are becoming more and more criminalized, this then is really a big thing, I read about many cases about money washing, but most of the culprits were Thais (monks, rich people, policemen or military), and then how to wash the money via Lazada ???
Unfortunately, it has become difficult to get back the money that is in the wallet, Lazada is not very cooperative, I try to get me back about 400 baht, WHAT STORY! In any case, I stopped buying online because the risk of being cheated (fake items, bad quality and so on) is always greater, even by companies like Lazada!

On 6/9/2019 at 2:21 PM, steven100 said:

I spoke to live now chat yesterday for 30 minutes to report fake or fraudulent companies on their website,  their first stupid response is '  I recommend you cancel the order sir and try to buy from another seller '  .......  this must be an automatic 1st Lazada response hoping the farang customer will say ok and forget about it.

Stupid company.

Same experience!

• Like 1

I prefer cash on delivery. No hassles. If it doesn't arrive you don't pay, if you change your mind after you ordered you don't pay.

And if you get a faulty or the incorrect item the money will “eventually “ be returned to this “wallet” ! Used to be able to use PayPal but Lazada stopped that ! Too much insurance and guarantee about getting refund for it’s copied junk !

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, owenm said:

The problem being, you can't use your wallet credit for part payment with balance paid by COD. Wallet credit can only be used with bank top up if spending a higher value. 

Ie- If I've a Lazada Wallet credit of 699bht and am making a new purchase for 1699bht, the system doesn't allow the 1000bht balance to be paid on COD. Only with bank top up for the balance, which now isn't possible for a foreigner customer. Crazy. 

Another problem is that it is very difficult to withdraw the wallet money!

Update ! I have just received an e-mail from Lazada.

Warm the Greeting from Lazada! 

"Thank you for your time to contact us and your documents. As we had coordinated with the account team, they just informed us on jammed transferring progress. They found that the refund amount from order number ############ with amount of 650.- Baht was from last year transaction. Therefore it seem to be an issue to be proceed. In order to withdraw this amount to your bank account, we found an alternative that your Lazada account under with e-mail *****************registered 098******* need to be deleted or deactivated. We do apologies to inform on this scenario. 

Please reply us back via this email for confirmation.

Best regards,"
What convoluted logic if any is involved I  have no idea but it would seem I am perhaps now deemed an unwelcome customer. No problem.
I have yet to reply but am suspicious that if I were to  delete or deactivate  my account before receiving the amount in my Bank account I would be left with no member access/recourse to Customer Services should the transfer not happen.
Until now I have actually  found Lazada to be very good.
I have  only ever had cause to return one item being a Samsung battery that was absolutely  NOT as advertised and not useable. I left a lengthy bad review of the seller which was edited down on the product review entries! I even got a phone call from them (seller) trying to make some incoherent excuse or explanation that  even my wife speaking in Thai could not understand.
Rather interestingly when in the process of trying to find the seller on Lazada some time later, when I could not access the wallet credit, and attempting to show my wife the difference between item ordered and the item supplied I discovered that the seller no longer was found on the Lazada platform.
So now I must attempt to clarify the proposal from Lazada and categorically decline the suggestion prior to  recieving  MY money.

Only if you're a sad old guy living alone and not friends with your neighbours.
Four adults floating around in my house a lot of the time and another to large families across and beside.
What? That's a stupid thing to say. One of the weirdest posts I ever read

Sent from my star using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lazada wallet return and refund policy are horrible, I waited almost 1 month for refund.

Seller accepted order, later unable to deliver because out of stock.

Many negative reviews on other forums.

Can still pay cash within 48 hours after order, at any 7-Eleven, right?

Cash is king anyway, why pay 2-3 weeks in advance (items from China) ?

Lately had a few negative experiences with Lazada, so I use them less in the future. Not customer friendly.

Edited by ExpatPH
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ExpatPH said:

Lazada wallet return and refund policy are horrible, I waited almost 1 month for refund.

Lately had a few negative experiences with Lazada, so I use them less in the future. Not customer friendly.

I no longer order anything from Lazada because now they no longer have any valid customer service, many of their chat agents do not understand English, which means a waste of time that ends without any result.
They always return the money via wallet with a deadline, in the event that by this date the money is not used they go into the pocket of someone from Lazada!

Edited by 30la

Much easier to pay with a credit card, which I always do. The few times that I have requested a refund they just return the money to the credit card.

In addition, using a credit card gives the added security that in case of any problems, the credit card issuer will take care of things.

5 hours ago, 30la said:

in the event that by this date the money is not used they go into the pocket of someone from Lazada!

i strongly suspect that this is now already the case for their non-Thai customers in practice, in any event!

A few months ago I ordered some items from Lazada which turned out to be faulty. My wallet was eventually refunded with the amounts which I had paid COD, with the refunds subsequently credited to my bank account at my request after a few more weeks.

However, it strikes me that, assuming that Lazada's practice is only to make refunds to what are now non-existent wallets as far as we non-Thais are concerned, the only logical inference which IMHO can be drawn is that they have, in effect, also adopted a policy of NO REFUNDS TO NON-THAI CUSTOMERS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER.

That being the case, Lazada can now take a running jump as far as I am concerned.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1