LAZADA wallet no longer available to foreigners???

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

you cannot use vouchers

They put my refund in a wallet but upon trying to use it they said farang cannot now have money in a wallet. I've had to send them a photo of my passport and the first page of my bank book. In fact I wanted the refund put into my wife's bank account. To have that done I also had to send them a photo of her ID card.

Been a month now and I've still not got my money refunded. Originally they told me a refund would take 7 days. Customer service on Lazada stinks.

Edited by IvorBiggun2

22 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

They put my refund in a wallet but upon trying to use it they said farang cannot now have money in a wallet. I've had to send them a photo of my passport and the first page of my bank book. In fact I wanted the refund put into my wife's bank account. To have that done I also had to send them a photo of her ID card.

Been a month now and I've still not got my money refunded. Originally they told me a refund would take 7 days. Customer service on Lazada stinks.

have you contacted them again about the refund ?

sometimes I buy expensive items - TV's (4 over last 8 years) Fridges - washing machines - phones etc etc, had to return some stuff valued at over 80k baht

will not be buying anything expensive again unless they sort this stupidity out

Edited by smedly

3 minutes ago, smedly said:

have you contacted them again about the refund ?

Have contacted them many times with emails and messages. When contacting them live on messages they close the connection when things start getting a little difficult for them. I ask to speak with their supervisors and they all claim that they cannot connect me to one as there is no direct line. Had a big problem with Agent 'Maya' and I wanted to report her. Emailed my complaint but got no reply.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Have contacted them many times with emails and messages. When contacting them live on messages they close the connection when things start getting a little difficult for them. I ask to speak with their supervisors and they all claim that they cannot connect me to one as there is no direct line. Had a big problem with Agent 'Maya' and I wanted to report her. Emailed my complaint but got no reply.

Time to stop shopping at Lazada, it is now looking like a scam with respect to refunds

rather stupid, buyer protection is a fundamental part of online shopping 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, smedly said:

This now needs to linked to a general lazada thread so that everyone is aware of were they stand if they return a product

That was apparently tried a few months ago and it was deleted.   

314087350_thaivisalazadacaveatemptorjustcuriousgooglesearch.png.443df53ac83b28e6e44fad8540671a4d.png

Caveat Emptor

But I don't think the new changes are insurmountable.  And maybe you can still use a wallet if you attach significant other's id card #.  But particularly for high ticket items or items that are easily "faked" (like SD cards, thumb drives, et al) you should buy from LazMall or official stores (official brand or trusted stores with offline presence and use Lazada as additional sales channel).

I've had my fair share of fake goods sold, but the refund was always processed.  Even if it took a little bit longer than expected.   Next time I shop, I'll look at the wallet situation.

7 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If the wallet was never activated, would/could they still put refunds into it?

18 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

I've had my fair share of fake goods sold, but the refund was always processed.  Even if it took a little bit longer than expected.   Next time I shop, I'll look at the wallet situation.

that wallet situation has been explained here, if you return an item (which I have many times) the money is credited to your wallet - since foreigners can no longer use the wallet you have no way to retrieve the refunded money, you could have 100kbaht in there and you can kiss it goodbye, hardly ideal for online trading

4 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

interesting question, I am looking at removing it from my account then they would have to provide an alterative process - so far as soon as I mention wallet the conversation ends

2 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

They put the money/refund into it as I'd paid COD. And when I went to activate the wallet the troubles began as farangs could no longer have a wallet account. No one seemed to know what to do.

9 minutes ago, smedly said:

I am looking at removing it from my account then they would have to provide an alterative process

And how are they gonna refund something that was COD. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 8/12/2019 at 9:57 AM, IvorBiggun2 said:

They converted my e-wallet money to a voucher. It took like 5 min after chatting with customer service.

On 8/12/2019 at 10:43 AM, smedly said:

Time to stop shopping at Lazada, it is now looking like a scam with respect to refunds

rather stupid, buyer protection is a fundamental part of online shopping 

I have never had any problem with refunds. I've got my money back in about 2 days every time. Sometime  I could keep the product and still get the refund. But those times,the stuff I bought wasn't that expensive.

But I don't understand why we can't pay online using Bangkok Bank. That option is gone.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

I have never had any problem with refunds. I've got my money back in about 2 days every time. Sometime  I could keep the product and still get the refund. But those times,the stuff I bought wasn't that expensive.

But I don't understand why we can't pay online using Bangkok Bank. That option is gone.

Neither have I, been shopping with Lazada for years but if you were paying attention to this thread - refunds are credited to your "wallet" - foreigners cannot use the Lazada Wallet, so if you return something - yes the money is credited to the wallet but there is no clear way of getting it out, one poster here has been waiting a month and still has no result, and yes there is also something up with Bangkok Bank - it used to be available and now it isn't

As far as messing up an online shopping store - Lazada is the current leader  

1 hour ago, Max69xl said:

They converted my e-wallet money to a voucher. It took like 5 min after chatting with customer service.

That could be a possible solution, you are the first person to mention it

when did this happen

10 minutes ago, smedly said:

Neither have I, been shopping with Lazada for years but if you were paying attention to this thread - refunds are credited to your "wallet" - foreigners cannot use the Lazada Wallet, so if you return something - yes the money is credited to the wallet but there is no clear way of getting it out, one poster here has been waiting a month and still has no result, and yes there is also something up with Bangkok Bank - it used to be available and now it isn't

My refunds are credited to my thai bank if I paid using my MasterCard. Never ever had refunds credited to my wallet.

3 hours ago, smedly said:

It was really a good company, not anymore!

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:01 PM, Max69xl said:

My refunds are credited to my thai bank if I paid using my MasterCard. Never ever had refunds credited to my wallet.

If I paid by my UK debit Card then refunds went back there. But because I paid by COD they had no where to put it as I never used my Thai bank to pay. So they stuck my refund in a 'wallet' and told me to 'Activate' the account. Upon trying to do so caused a big problem in that being a farang I couldn't open one. So why in hell put it in there? Still haven't had my refund and I'm somewhat pissed about it as when I contact them I may as well talk to myself. 

Edited by IvorBiggun2

On 6/7/2019 at 4:07 PM, trd said:

I prefer cash on delivery. No hassles. If it doesn't arrive you don't pay, if you change your mind after you ordered you don't pay.

And how do you get a refund if you CoD goes tits up after an hour?

Credit card is the best way - instant refund.

On 6/8/2019 at 1:09 PM, steven100 said:

Lazada is losing more & more customers day by day.

I have tried them twice now and both times the sellers ended up being fake and fraudulent, no stock, no questions answered, and 27 angry customers.

Lazada is rubbish, their customer service chat live is run by a bunch of maybe 2-3 unprofessional kids, they just pass the buck if there's a problem.

Using Priceza generally brings up better prices on Shopee in my experience - seems better for finding used goods too; I got my Paperwhite there, 2500, from a Thai guy who never realised it's useless for PDF's.

22 minutes ago, ben2talk said:

And how do you get a refund if you CoD goes tits up after an hour?

Credit card is the best way - instant refund.

I totally agree. I have never had any problems what so ever using my Debit Card from my Thai bank. My refunds have also worked perfectly.

14 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

If I paid by my UK debit Card then refunds went back there. But because I paid by COD they had no where to put it as I never used my Thai bank to pay. So they stuck my refund in a 'wallet' and told me to 'Activate' the account. Upon trying to do so caused a big problem in that being a farang I couldn't open one. So why in hell put it in there? Still haven't had my refund and I'm somewhat pissed about it as when I contact them I may as well talk to myself. 

Get anyone with a Thai ID card to activate the wallet and then [as it's your Lazada account] you will be the sole user and be able to use and top-up as you please.

• 3 months later...

I had to contact Lazada on another matter, to cancel an order and was worried that the money would be added to my wallet. I seem to have been credited before with 80B, although i have never used the wallet.

The chat operator said that between the Bank of Thailand and the Anti money laundering office (AMLO) non-Thais are currently unable to activate or top up, effective May 31st 2019.

She then sent me the change in terms and conditions, for fun I asked when did I receive an email and confirm i read these conditions. No answer.

You can transfer the balance to your account.

Go to Home > Help Center > Payments > Withdrawl from Lazada wallet

However long I live here, I will never figure out these peoples ideas - 80B is hardly money laundering.

Sorry if this solution has been posted in the previous pages TLDR

On 7/11/2019 at 11:36 AM, AAArdvark said:

After 6 months and maybe 30 orders, I received a tax invoice/receipt for a ฿500 order that was delivered from Thailand.  No idea what it is about but since it says invoice/receipt, I will take the receipt option.  

I've received a few of those too. I believe that's when the item was sold directly by Lazada and not by one of their sellers.

On 6/8/2019 at 9:12 AM, twizzian said:

Unless the ordered items are coming from China (overseas)

then you don’t always have the COD option

Not been my experience at all. Generally I avoid Chinese goods on qualitative grounds. Sometimes you're unaware of the origin until the goods arrive.

Had Highs and Lows with Lazada. Mostly highs and I've always paid COD.

Lows were cheap Chinese stuff.

I haven't read all replies to the original post. Sorry if I'm repeating another response. But, FYI, I'm a farang, I have a wallet & use it. COD purchases refunded to wallet or into my nominated bank account. Credit card purchase returned, refund credited to credit card account. I find Lazada customer care first class. Same can't be said of all suppliers though.

14 minutes ago, malt25 said:

I haven't read all replies to the original post. Sorry if I'm repeating another response. But, FYI, I'm a farang, I have a wallet & use it. COD purchases refunded to wallet or into my nominated bank account. Credit card purchase returned, refund credited to credit card account. I find Lazada customer care first class. Same can't be said of all suppliers though.

The Wallet is not available for foreigners and you get a clear message from Lazada. I just tried some days ago. Perhaps it was available at some point.