LAZADA wallet no longer available to foreigners???

23 hours ago, Beggar said:

The Wallet is not available for foreigners and you get a clear message from Lazada. I just tried some days ago. Perhaps it was available at some point. 

"10 Dec 2019 - 10:43 Refund process is completed. We have issued your refund via Lazada Wallet."   The wallet IS available !

I had a refund for a faulty item go in to the wallet a couple of weeks back no problem, have just ordered a   Xiaomi air purifier and straightway recieved this by email:

Your Order <deleted> placed on Thursday 12 December 2019 at 10:19:37 via Lazada Wallet has been confirmed.

3 hours ago, Rimmer said:

I had a refund for a faulty item go in to the wallet a couple of weeks back no problem, have just ordered a   Xiaomi air purifier and straightway recieved this by email:

Your Order <deleted> placed on Thursday 12 December 2019 at 10:19:37 via Lazada Wallet has been confirmed.

is the account in your name ?

foreigners can enable the wallet by getting a Thai person to enter their details, I keep forgetting when I have a Thai in my apartment lol

I was always able to use the wallet until they changed policy, if I have a coupon I cannot use it 

8 minutes ago, smedly said:

foreigners can enable the wallet by getting a Thai person to enter their details, I keep forgetting when I have a Thai in my apartment lol

I was always able to use the wallet until they changed policy, if I have a coupon I cannot use it 

The account is in my name only

20 hours ago, smedly said:

I have had several coupons in my Wallet and couldn't use them. Lazada always converts them to vouchers. 

• 1 month later...

This is a scam made by Lazada against non-Thais! 

When a non-Thai buyer cancel any item ordered, money you have transferred will be returned and deposited to your wallet and not to your bank AC.

I have tried multiple times to transfer from wallet to my bank AC by clicking on a button, but it's not working.

That way they force you to spend it on another Lazada item and not on any other competitors like Shopee, Ali Express or Ebay.

My question: "Is this "scam" even legal according to international laws"?

On 12/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, Rimmer said:

I will never sign a thai person into my lazada account or any other online account, if somebody want to try it by all means do it and find out what they are capable of.

On 12/13/2019 at 2:15 PM, Max69xl said:

I have had several coupons in my Wallet and couldn't use them. Lazada always converts them to vouchers. 

There you go, they always refuse to pay to your bank AC and force you to spend it on Lazada.com 

A scam, pure and simple.

• 2 months later...

So I am going through this refund transfer from my wallet to my Thai bank account.  Here is the link they gave me to submit this request.

https://xform.lazada.co.th/form/show.do?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-topic.0.0.4c0a3db2UQIwGQ&lang=th-TH&scm=1003.4.icms-zebra-5026377-2801842.OTHER_5314050417_2454098&envUserType=buyer

Select "I can not activate my wallet"

Choose bank transfer

Attach documents

Filling in the other info as requested.

Hope this helps

• 2 months later...
On 12/12/2019 at 5:28 PM, Rimmer said:

FYI

just got my Thai friend to register for wallet using her id and it worked fine

only difficulty was in the employment pull down menu, wouldn't work until I selected student/unemployed

also selected residence address different to her registered address so you need to put 2x addresses - mine and hers

On 2/8/2020 at 2:40 PM, bander said:

I will never sign a thai person into my lazada account or any other online account, if somebody want to try it by all means do it and find out what they are capable of.

it is still my account and only I can use - my login and password are mine

Hello,

I´m a long time member here, but long time not posted.

Since 2 weeks I have problems with my Lazada wallet too and I searched in Net about similar problems and found them here - so I´m back in the forum.

I´m a buyer at Lazada for many years. In the past in case have to return one the high quality products from China, it was possible to initiate a transfer of the refunds directly on the Thai bank acc..

Mostly I pay cash COD, sometimes with this wallet.

Then the day came I had to open this wallet for receive refunds and from there was possible to withdraw to the bank acc. or use for other purchase - I don´t like wallets etc. but was working over some year.

On 18th of May 2020 I recognized that my wallet is "frozen" and I contacted Lazada customer service via chat. They told me something about a new policy for foreign customers and foreigners can´t have this wallet anymore. Lazada froze it without any notice !

The customer service told me I would have to use the "xform" with upload of my passport copy to withdraw my credits in my wallet to my bank account - this I did, but nothing happened.

Then some refunds arrived in my wallet and I called the customer service again, they told me please send the "xform" again and I did, again, and again and so on.

The refund coupons were "reversed" (see attachment) and I complained almost every day, with the result, that I received approx. THB 1,000.- from my wallet send from an ATM.

After many complaints Lazada told me they had to freeze my wallet, because I used a refund for purchasing another items and returned them aswell. That is true, but for what else a wallet is good for and what sould do if the shorts I ordered are much too small - keep them ?

They also told me, if I insist to receive the remaining balance in my wallet back, I must agree in closing my wallet and my customer account. After that I could open a new account, but would need a new phone number and new email address - email no problem, but new phone number no way.

As can see on the screenshot of my wallet, the credit is shrinking because of Lazada "reversed" refund coupons - why ? Until now no comment from Lazada.

I also received some emails conforming, that a transfer has been made to my bank account and 1 or 2 days later received an email informing me that the transfer was not successful because while this process I have used a part of my credits for purchasing, what I didn´t and by the way payment from the wallet is impossible because the wallet is frozen.

From customer service I only hear sorry and don´t worry.

As long as I have access to my account and wallet I made from everything relevant screeshots and prepare a court case (no my first) against Lazada now or may be if I´m in a good mood, I will file a complaint at the Customer Protection (government office) first and they will try to mediate first - mediation means this office will set up a meeting at the office the complaint was made -  in my case Phuket, so a representative from Lazada has to travel to Phuket or they have to send an attorney.

There will be 2 issues be be cleared :

1. The balance of my wallet is approx. THB 800.- too low - what happened with these reversed coupons ?

2. How to get my credits back on my bank acc. (approx. THB 1,200.-) the best without close my account and/or wallet ?

To be continued .........

Bagsida

Lazada_Wallet_2020-06-17_2020-06-30.jpg

Edited by Bagsida
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Bagsida said:

Since 2 weeks I have problems with my Lazada wallet

simple solution - get a Thai friend to register your wallet

The account will still be yours and you will still have all access but your wallet will be available for you to use

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Bagsida said:

In case you have a wallet registered with a Thai ID, would it be possible to my own bank account ?

yes I believe you can use your own bank although not tested by me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagsida said:

In case you have a wallet registered with a Thai ID, would it be possible to my own bank account ?

Yes, refund from the wallet is pretty straightforward process.

They give you the option to select the bank name and put the bank account # and the name on the account.  Then 1-2 days to "confirm" the request, then 1-2 days to process the refund into your account.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Jim P said:

Same problem, I recently received a refund and it went to my wallet which I have never activated before. Now as a foreigner the money is stuck there ????

No it is not.

Under the amount there is a big button that says withdraw, you just click on it, fill in your bank details, and a few days later it is in your account

14 minutes ago, Susco said:

No it is not.

Under the amount there is a big button that says withdraw, you just click on it, fill in your bank details, and a few days later it is in your account

No, because as a foreigner I cannot activate the wallet so have no access to the money, all I can see is an activate now button. When I try to activate it sends a code to my phone, when I type in the code as a foreigner I cannot even activate the wallet.

2 minutes ago, Jim P said:

No, because as a foreigner I cannot activate the wallet so have no access to the money, all I can see is an activate now button. When I try to activate it sends a code to my phone, when I type in the code as a foreigner I cannot even activate the wallet.

You don't need to activate the wallet to withdraw.

Activation is only needed to top up./

I am a foreigner and withdraw money from my wallet frequently, but I understand it is so much easier to be ignorant.

There isn't even an activate button in the screen that shows your refund

image.png.c6913903f9879ecba2c995e0f5ef0387.png

image.png.fd6bdefa62982ecf2f8a7888c36b1450.png

3 minutes ago, Susco said:

You don't need to activate the wallet to withdraw.

Activation is only needed to top up./

I am a foreigner and withdraw money from my wallet frequently, but I understand it is so much easier to be ignorant.

There isn't even an activate button in the screen that shows your refund

image.png.c6913903f9879ecba2c995e0f5ef0387.png

image.png.fd6bdefa62982ecf2f8a7888c36b1450.png

There is an activate button on mine, and no other option, this is the app and the website is no different, as a foreigner I cannot access this money, it wasn`t my choice for the refund to go to wallet I wanted it direct to my card with which I paid as I have never used this wallet.

IMG_5451.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jim P said:

There is an activate button on mine, and no other option, this is the app and the website is no different, as a foreigner I cannot access this money, it wasn`t my choice for the refund to go to wallet I wanted it direct to my card with which I paid as I have never used this wallet.

IMG_5451.jpg

What would you think of click on that wallet, and in the next page click again on the amount?

What do you think I did? I stated above when I tried to activate the wallet a code was sent to my phone, when I entered the code I was presented with a screen that asked Thai or Foreigner, at this stage I was denied as I am a foreigner. There is a screenshot above.