LAZADA wallet no longer available to foreigners???

On 6/7/2019 at 9:12 PM, twizzian said:

Unless the ordered items are coming from China (overseas)

then you don’t always have the COD option

Or if you have a life and don't want to sit around the house for days on end with a wad of cash, waiting for the guy to call you 30 minutes before he arrives...

I did my first 2-3 transactions by COD, then over a hundred successful transactions prepaid by debit card.  I'd never go back to COD, even if I make it back to Thailand after Covid.

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I did my first 2-3 transactions by COD, then over a hundred successful transactions prepaid by debit card.  I'd never go back to COD, even if I make it back to Thailand after Covid.

I did COD once by mistake. Never again. It took an extra week to get the package because I wasn't there or because they didn't bother to contact me at the first two delivery attemps. When prepaid they can leave the package at the "reception" which is much easier.

43 minutes ago, Jim P said:

What do you think I did? I stated above when I tried to activate the wallet a code was sent to my phone, when I entered the code I was presented with a screen that asked Thai or Foreigner, at this stage I was denied as I am a foreigner. There is a screenshot above.

What I think is that you clicked the activate button instead of the amount displayed in your screenshot.

Of course if you click activate, it will take you to the activate screen.

Another option is to click on the returns/refunds button at the top of your screenshot, then scroll down to the refunded item and click on the refunded tab, next screen click on check my wallet, next screen click on the available balance, and the following screen click on withdraw.

But obviously in your app it is different from other foreigners apps, so you can start a chat with Lazada tomorrow, and they will tell you the exact same as I have told you in previous post.

In fact they will refer you to this page

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/withdrawals-from-lazada-wallet-6177.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.2.154059287cYNAP

51 minutes ago, impulse said:

Or if you have a life and don't want to sit around the house for days on end with a wad of cash, waiting for the guy to call you 30 minutes before he arrives...

When you check your orders on the lazada site is will show you the status. When it shows a tracking number, you can check if it is out for delivery on the transporter website.

In my case, if it is a small item it will come by bike, and he will be here between 1 pm and 1.30 pm. If it is a larger item it will come by car and he will be here at 5 pm.

From the name of the delivery guy displayed on the tracking site, I also know if it is bike or car, as same guy has same route.

COD usually also get delivered faster while when they have your money already, they have all the time, plus you can do a visual check of the item when on COD.

By the way, the guys know by now where I live, but they will always call me to know if I'm home.

Edited by Susco

1 hour ago, smedly said:
2 hours ago, impulse said:

Or if you have a life and don't want to sit around the house for days on end with a wad of cash

well that was helpful

Two of the big disadvantages of COD is that you have to be there when the goodies arrive, and you have to have a wad of cash at the ready.  I found that out the hard way, so I started pre-paying after my first 2-3 orders.  Then I did over 100 more Lazada pre-paid orders and I don't remember ever having an issue that made me wish I had visited the ATM and waited around 100 times.

The beauty of the printed language is that others don't have to take their learning lumps the hard way if someone else has already done it, and takes the time to post their experience.

Edited by impulse

3 hours ago, Jim P said:

What do you think I did? I stated above when I tried to activate the wallet a code was sent to my phone, when I entered the code I was presented with a screen that asked Thai or Foreigner, at this stage I was denied as I am a foreigner. There is a screenshot above.

I had the same problem earlier this year. I contacted the support, they told me that I couldn't use the wallet. They offered to transfer the money to my Thai bank account.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, farang51 said:

I had the same problem earlier this year. I contacted the support, they told me that I couldn't use the wallet. They offered to transfer the money to my Thai bank account.

That is what I will have to do again! Why after talking to me before on the phone and knowing I`m a farang they have put it in this useless wallet instead of back to my credit card I don`t know.

7 hours ago, Susco said:

What I think is that you clicked the activate button instead of the amount displayed in your screenshot.

Of course if you click activate, it will take you to the activate screen.

Another option is to click on the returns/refunds button at the top of your screenshot, then scroll down to the refunded item and click on the refunded tab, next screen click on check my wallet, next screen click on the available balance, and the following screen click on withdraw.

But obviously in your app it is different from other foreigners apps, so you can start a chat with Lazada tomorrow, and they will tell you the exact same as I have told you in previous post.

In fact they will refer you to this page

https://www.lazada.co.th/helpcenter/withdrawals-from-lazada-wallet-6177.html?spm=a2o4m.helpcenter-article.articles-list.2.154059287cYNAP

No your wrong, the outcome is the same as clicking on activate, both offer to send you a code to your phone which then denies you as a foreigner.

My app is the same as everyone else`s and the link  assumes you have an already activated wallet, which I dont, . None of these solutions work, thanks for your help, but your wrong. The only solution appears to be to contact support and have them transfer the money, what a palava.

Some of the screenshots posted here are shameful. Why are you lashint out like mad dogs at customer service over 22 baht in your wallet. I'm sure the cs didn't write the rules. 

And why don't you switch to shopee if you absolutely need your precious wallet. They opened one for me with Airpay.

6 hours ago, impulse said:

Two of the big disadvantages of COD is that you have to be there when the goodies arrive, and you have to have a wad of cash at the ready.

Looks as you see only disadvantages, while I see a lot of advantages, with COD but that's just me

Your 100 orders also always seem to involve a wad of cash, while 90% of the articles available on Lazada are actually items less than 1 - 2000 Bht. Maybe that is a WAD of money to you?

The solution if you cannot withdraw your cash from wallet is to contact customer service. I have done so this morning and they have sent me a form in which I have to provide invasive photos of both my passport and bank account. It`s hardly a money laundering procedure as this is my first ever return and for the grand total of 1,300 Baht, more a gathering of my personal information.

Hi you all right and (some) not 100%,

my case :

I was nearly forced to activate this wallet. I prefer COD but the wallet was necessary to withdraw refunds to bank acc.. Before was possible to withdraw refunds directly without having this (senseless) wallet.

Only once I made a top up in order to use a voucher. Now THB 0.12 left from the top up.

All the return-coupons reversed or not are transfered an my bank acc. only THB 370.- + 0.12 not. I agree it´s not a big amount which is left in the wallet, but it started with more than THB 2,000.- - anyway it´s my money and I want to use it for purchasing or have it back on my acc. - that is my principle.

This xform from Lazada I used many times and step by step it worked, but now nothing is happening.

In case your wallet is frozen it is not possible anymore to click on the amount to withdraw - frozen is frozen and foreigners are unable to re-activate the wallet. The only chance is that xform.

I prefer COD, the drivers all call me and if I`m not at home, I make an appointment. Only 1 driver didn`t call and I wrote this in my review. The next time the driver excused and since that, he also calls - so Lazada has an eye on that and talked with the driver - good !

Sometimes the driver see me on the street with motorbike and stoppes me for delivery on the street ????

All (or at least many) foreigners should write a complaint about the wallet together and send it to the CEO James Dong. I have sent an Email to him already ([email protected]) and I didn´t receive an automatic answer "mail was not delivered" or so, so I think some one read it.

We also could send it to Jack Ma (Alibaba) - Alibaba "owns" Lazada.

They should know that we will no longer accept this wallet practice.

Who could write such a complaint in good business English ?

As "signature" we could use our customer numbers (it´s a part of each order number) as a kind of privacy.

To be continued ...............

Edited by Bagsida

5 minutes ago, Bagsida said:

In case your wallet is frozen it is not possible anymore to click on the amount to withdraw - frozen is frozen and foreigners are unable to re-activate the wallet.

Your wallet is not frozen.

Once you fill in the bank details for a withdrawal the amount will be marked frozen, because it takes up to a week to show in your bank account

21 hours ago, Susco said:

Your wallet is not frozen.

Once you fill in the bank details for a withdrawal the amount will be marked frozen, because it takes up to a week to show in your bank account

Before my wallet has been frozen, the amount in the withdraw process was frozen, but now my wallet is frozen (see attached pic). For de-freeze it´s necessary to re-activate the wallet but this is not possible if you are NON-Thai.

It is not possible to withdraw from my wallet (see attached pic).

Lazada_Wallet_Frozen.jpg

6 minutes ago, Bagsida said:

Before my wallet has been frozen, the amount in the withdraw process was frozen, but now my wallet is frozen (see attached pic). For de-freeze it´s necessary to re-activate the wallet but this is not possible if you are NON-Thai.

It is not possible to withdraw from my wallet (see attached pic).

Lazada_Wallet_Frozen.jpg

Thanks for clarification and screenshot, but I have never experienced that.

I guess going on the chat during business hours will get it resolved.

As I said in previous posts, I never activated my wallet, since I have never had any need for it until I got a refund, so don't know why it works for me but not for others

I tried to clear this case in endless chats with the customer service and sent emails to them aswell, without the final result to withdraw the complete amount, but with many "sorry" and "don´t worry".

I will try it the last time with that xform again - if this not works I will file a complaint against Lazada at the consumer protection board in the Phuket City Hall (it´s directly under der Gouverneur`s office). The consequence will be, that they schedule a mediation meeting there and Lazada must send a representive - that is a Government office and both sides must show up there.

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

After had to return 1 item of an order (defective), I received a return coupon and I tried to withdraw the complete amount in my wallet.

I received the complete refund (THB 824.26) on 24th July, but the wallet still shows the complete amount.

Now my account seems not to be frozen anymore and I tried to Top Up. At least the first top up step worked .......... more I didn´t try ....... I want to avoid the wallet is frozen again ????

THB 0.12 are still missing, but for that I don´t fight with Lazada.

It´s confusing, but if the status of my wallet is stable now, it would be o.k. for me - ordering, COD, refunds via coupon in the wallet and withdraw with this "xform" - more is not neccessary.

Lazada-Wallet_2020-07-26.jpg