Unusual Cars Seen in Thailand

One of the great things about Thailand is the love of refurbishing old cars.   More of it should be done.

For old Alfas, there is a repair shop that specializes in their restoration on Phetchaburi Road, near Asok.  He has 10 or more being fixed everyday. 

• Like 1

There is a small motor workshop near me out in the sticks...The guy has some real rare stuff at times parked outside for sale..Has two old VW Beetles at the mo, in the past there has been rides that I didn't have a clue what they were...

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, lvr181 said:

Could have at least put an E49 motor in it! Then probably quicker than most V8s & virtually indestructible. ????

I think it has a 1UZ in it. Puts out about the same hp as an E49 but 8 cylinders looks so much better than 6. 555555 And with a little massaging another 100hp. 

IUZ.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, isaantom said:

Okay okay, the car is quite ordinary - old and in a pathetic condition.

But the Rossignols on top are rather rare in Sakon Nakhon...

20190516_180433.jpg

Been sand skiing with them. 555555

Edited by Rdrokit
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, seancbk said:

A Farang friend in Bangkok buys classic European cars then has them renovated as a hobby.  There is a huge classic car scene here with BMW groups, Alfa groups etc.  You get to meet some really cool Thai guys through this type of social club. 

FB_IMG_1551977590679.jpg.f2145f25baf088217ff7d6bb6d856846.jpgFB_IMG_1551977584309.jpg.b116f04e754b930efc745c8a3f1e96ff.jpg

You can hang around with cool guys but coolness cannot be absorbed by osmosis.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sgoodes said:

I saw that someone on the Pattaya Buy & Sell page was advertising a Holden GTR Torana. Haven't seen one in Australia for years let alone in Pattaya.

What a car they were in their day.

I had a GTR in the late 70's-just loved driving her hard. In Chiang  Mai, an Aussie had a Valiant S Series for sale but it had a Nissan diesel in it. Also, near my home, there is a HD Holden rusting away. These were imported years ago to participate in parades apparently.

1 hour ago, Elfin said:

I had a GTR in the late 70's-just loved driving her hard. In Chiang  Mai, an Aussie had a Valiant S Series for sale but it had a Nissan diesel in it. Also, near my home, there is a HD Holden rusting away. These were imported years ago to participate in parades apparently.

I also had a Torana - an XU1 202 - went like a bat out of hell, great handling but ride comfort was like a block dray! Had it 12 months and sold it off for a small profit and bought a car with some better ride comfort (and for the family).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transam said:

I did see it in Thailand, last night in bed on my smart TV...????

I thought the vid was incredibly interesting...

You could start a thread, MOST UNUSUAL CARS NOT SEEN IN THAILAND. lol