Unusual Cars Seen in Thailand

25 minutes ago, Rivo said:

I saw this Oldsmobile Cutlass Convertible a few months ago in Chiang Rai city...................and then a few days later I see it again sitting out the front of a house when I was driving past......................

myihErARf8jfZeR8shkYPfeT1RX8jdH8YasNob5U

CR-1nC-gIrR45Zd0j-AEYREe5EM2qmBB5Xs1psPC

0u0rxsoGL302grcPNoVOPNZKWC4S5aFrjkGxwJT5

OiIgZ0_JvFw_9OnTKQoEYTxHj_6kzl2jkP0FKSob

Nice ride, but don't like the owners car cover tie down....

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Just Weird said:

It's something with either a Toyota AA or AC front end grafted on but can't be a  pre-war Toyota.  Toyotas of that era  (1936 onwards) didn't have that curved door glass with modern flush-fitting door handles (which look suspiciously 4-door pickup-like), curved, chrome-trimmed windscreen with modern wipers or non-suicide rear doors .  If it was the real thing it would be very, valuable. 

Have to agree with your comments , made me take a second look .

20 hours ago, alan grice said:

Well some historians say its Chevy , and theres only one left.Unless one can see the Block i dont know , or realy care.

Where has it been stated that an engine from Chevrolet was used?  

"...i dont know , or realy care".

You don't?  You cared enough to post a comment claiming that it was the case when it wasn't!

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Lacessit said:

There's a lot of these really good biiig Toyotas on the streets of Yangon. Imported second-hand from Japan, due to the stringent environmental laws there. About 2 yo, no more than 40,000 km on the odometer. Not seen in Thailand, presumably due to import taxes. The Australian car industry squeals like a stuck pig whenever the topic is raised, although our neighbors across the Tasman seem to have no problem. Who said protectionism was dead?

IMG20181116110842.jpg

IMG20181116110826.jpg

In Thailand those are called Lexus LS 430s and there's plenty of them here, in Japan they're Toyota Celsiors, exactly the same cars apart from the badges.

7 hours ago, cheeryble said:

Used to be an Austin Mayflower parked in a garden off Loi Kroh CM, not seen a while

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I think you must mean a Triumph Mayflower?

Edited by macahoom
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, transam said:

I wouldn't put wide boots on one of those, if you saw the front spindles you would see why.....????....Nice to see though..

Haha, my dad had one years ago and cried out 'careful you'll have the wheels off' during a bit of enthusiastic cornering by yours truly.

Once saw a Countryman years ago in Chiangmai...surprised the termites hadn't got into it.