Unusual Cars Seen in Thailand

20 hours ago, transam said:
20 hours ago, ballpoint said:

The legend...

One for town:

image.png.1eee023eddb6bc82bc71b03ab6538d1f.png

I wouldn't put wide boots on one of those, if you saw the front spindles you would see why.....????....Nice to see though..

...I wouldn't have put on those bumpers, headlight trims, the grille, hubcaps, flares or mis-matching door handles on it either!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kickstart said:

A 1960 Chevey ,on a farm near me ,he said it has a 6 pot 2500 cc engine ,the original?  

RIMG1185 (2).JPG

RIMG1184 (4).JPG

Nice looking truck. I think I have seen that truck at a car show in Bangkok. Probably not the original engine as most of the guys put in a Toyota 1JZ as they are cheap used and easily modified.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2019 at 8:46 AM, kingofthemountain said:

An honorable old Mercedes dies slowly in a corner of the parking lot

mercos parking 008.JPG

mercos parking 009.JPG

mercos parking 010.JPG

On the face of it that seems to be a long way from "suffering an honourable death in the corner of a car park".  Parked, more likely?

????

12 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

On the face of it that seems to be a long way from "suffering an honourable death in the corner of a car park".  Parked, more likely?

You haven't spotted the rust on the roof, wings, grill and bumper then....Plus the road tax is a little out of date.......????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, transam said:

????

You haven't spotted the rust on the roof, wings, grill and bumper then....Plus the road tax is a little out of date.......????

Yes, I did, but rust appearing on a car that sure doesn't look abandoned, clean whitewalls holding air, and after-market instruments evident on the dash, for example, doesn't mean that it is dying, unless your in-depth analysis of the photo was able to establish the seriousness of the decay. 

There is some wheelarch bubbling but no evidence of rotten wings, there is some roof gutter rust but no evidence of a rotten roof.  Rusty chrome on the grille and bumper and other bubbling isn't the death knell of any substantial car as you would know having owned one of the most rust-susceptible yank cars on the planet.  And an expired road tax sticker means nothing except that sticker is out of date.????

But, of course, the photographer could put us both right!

Edited by Just Weird
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

Yes, I did, but rust appearing on a car that sure doesn't look abandoned, clean whitewalls holding air, and after-market instruments evident on the dash, for example, doesn't mean that it is dying, unless your in-depth analysis of the photo was able to establish the seriousness of the decay. 

There is some wheelarch bubbling but no evidence of rotten wings, there is some roof gutter rust but no evidence of a rotten roof.  Rusty chrome on the grille and bumper and other bubbling isn't the death knell of any substantial car as you would know having owned one of the most rust-susceptible yank cars on the planet.  And an expired road tax sticker means nothing except that sticker is out of date.????

But, of course, the photographer could put us both right!

The Mercedes was parked in a cover part of the parking since very long time without any move

but atleast she was sheltered from the sun and the rain.

The covers places in the parking are limited, and someone

(The juridic person?) in the residence has decided some weeks ago to move it outside, in the corner

where are usualy the ''dead'' cars (As you can see on the photo, there are 2 of them beside).

It's sad because this car could do some car collectors happy. In case of the owner is dead or back

to farangland and not come back, i don't know if there is a process to save the vehicules in a way or another? (A lot of motorbikes also in the same case at the moment in the parking)

5 hours ago, Just Weird said:

I agree, tax disc, just last year, not even on life support, just a bit neglected.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

...someone (The juridic person?) in the residence has decided some weeks ago to move it outside, in the corner where are usualy the ''dead'' cars (As you can see on the photo, there are 2 of them beside).

...or, with the 'glass half full' philosophy, it has been moved to a position next to a very obviously not-so-dead Volvo.  Did they drive the "dying Merc" to it's parking place or drag/lift it?

I still think it looks far from gasping it's last.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Just Weird said:

...or, with the 'glass half full' philosophy, it has been moved to a position next to a very obviously not-so-dead Volvo.  Did they drive the "dying Merc" to it's parking place or drag/lift it?

If it aint taxed for well over a year it probably ain't gov insured either....It is off road..Not used....

Why shouldn't it drive, nobody mentioned it was pushed......? ????

• Confused 1

38 minutes ago, transam said:

If it aint taxed for well over a year it probably ain't gov insured either....It is off road..Not used....

Why shouldn't it drive, nobody mentioned it was pushed......? ????

"...It is off road..Not used...."

Precisely, so nothing to suggest that it is dying, then, apart from some Thaivisa posters' speculation based on a tax disc and some crusty wheel arches!  

"Why shouldn't it drive, nobody mentioned it was pushed......?"

Neither did I suggest that it was pushed, I just asked a question!  If it was abandoned and dying the chances are that it wouldn't have been driven, that's why I asked.  If it was driven the chances are also that it has an owner with keys, which, again, doesn't point to death and abandonment.

1 hour ago, Just Weird said:

The car has been hand pushed in the corner by some thai staff of the condo.

the 2 cars beside the Mercedes on the photo have been dead for a longtime.