Immigration Police focus on law-breaking foreigners

snoop1130

By Kornkamon Aksorndech 
The Nation

79f86c4c22ee17c30837e2e00d2d7560.jpeg

Thai Immigration Police Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Sompong Chingdoung on Friday highlighted four recent cases to illustrate the agency's success against law-breaking foreigners.

In the first case, British national Reece Blain - wanted by UK authorities on charges related to Class A drugs trafficking - was arrested recently outside the British Embassy in Bangkok.

His Thai visa was revoked while pending an extradition to face legal actions in his home country.

In the second case, South Korean national Jaehee Cho – who is wanted in his home country for organising online gambling and money laundering and fled to Thailand in April - was nabbed this week after the South Korean Embassy last month urged Thai police to arrest and extradite him.

In the third case, 26-year-old Iranian Kashayar Kharazmi was arrested as he was working as a music DJ at a club in Bangkok's RCA (Royal City Avenue) night entertainment area for overstaying the visa and working in Thailand without permission.

In the fourth case, police arrested seven Chinese women on Thursday night as they were working (entertaining Chinese customers and drinking alcohol with them) at a karaoke bar in Soi Ratchadapisek 18 in Bangkok's Huai Kwang district. 

It was reported that a drinking-companion service cost Bt5,000 per session - of which Bt3,000 went to the woman who performed the service and Bt2,000 went to the bar owner. 

The seven women were able to present their passports to police with a tourist visa but failed to present work permits. They and the Thai bar owner who was identified as Hongman Wang, 51, will face legal actions.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30370714

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-07

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What about all the thai people who break laws too? It's not fair that they're targeting foreigners"

~ 90% of the Tommy Robinson supporting posters on here who dont realise the irony in their comments...

34 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

It was reported that a drinking-companion service cost Bt5,000 per session

Being a country boy, I understand the full range of meanings for "service", and can only assume it involves more than sharing a drink.

25 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

Get em, scum foreigners, 

There is no crime in Thailand on the scale that these scum foreigners create.

Get em, now. :coffee1:

Shhhhh….we're all hiding out here scamming the innocent Thai people.

29 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

'Full Service' in Chinese Mainland Karaoke Bars is a whole lot cheaper, so why do they bother to pay extortionate prices in Thailand ?

Because if the joint gets busted in China, they round up the customers on the premises at the time too and the world and his wife finds out what they've been up to.

One such venue in my city got raided and they found that of the nineteen women working in the place, eighteen were actually men. One asked the copper, 'is it illegal to dress in women's clothes?' and the copper replied 'No. it's illegal to be a prostitute though.'

1 hour ago, stanleycoin said:

Get em, scum foreigners, 

Believe it would be fair to state we enjoy different social circles & associates ???? 

2 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Get em, scum foreigners, 

Reece blain AKA Reece blain Vella.he was involved with the death of a young Thai lady falling from a balcony while supposedly having sex.then trafficking class A drugs,he sounds a sort of nice guy that Thailand could do without.when someone comes to Thailand and changes their name it should ring alarm bells.

6 minutes ago, holy cow cm said:

Such over kill making the foreigners look like heathen devils. 

Some of them are.

I for one am glad that foreign criminals are kicked out of the country. They give the rest of us a bad name.

Just looking at Mr Blain/Vell's pedigree I am glad that he has gone. Wanted for rape and dealing drugs in the UK. A suspicious death and dealing drugs in Thailand. I do not want him living in my street.

It was reported that a drinking-companion service cost Bt5,000 per session - of which Bt3,000 went to the woman who performed the service and Bt2,000 went to the bar owner. 

The seven women were able to present their passports to police with a tourist visa but failed to present work permits.

You never stop learning new things. I really didn't know that foreigners can have a work permit for having sex with other foreigners.

The money went from here to there, was it cash on legs then? 

4 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I for one am glad that foreign criminals are kicked out of the country. They give the rest of us a bad name.

The problem is “foreign criminals” don’t usually get kicked out of the country. Foreigners doing petty things that usually bother no one are not criminals. Real criminals are harder to catch and are often in bed with Thais with connections who keep them safe.

Keep on pretending Thais view you differently because you’re not a “criminal.”  You’re just another farang to most of them. Good, bad, it’s all the same. 

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

This is a very serious matter. These big time foreign criminal bar owners and "service" providers need to be stamped out.

Meanwhile the big time international Thai criminals are busy exporting meth and other drugs to foreign countries in huge quantities. But that's OK the're "our boys" just helping to improve the export figures.

The Australian government has just made the biggest meth bust in history from drugs coming from Bangkok.

https://www.dw.com/en/australia-police-make-record-meth-drug-bust/a-49095936

9 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Some of them are.

Just looking at Mr Blain/Vell's pedigree I am glad that he has gone. Wanted for rape and dealing drugs in the UK. A suspicious death and dealing drugs in Thailand. I do not want him living in my street.

But according to his brother, he came to Thailand for a "fresh start". ????

Archived