BANGKOK 17 June 2019 07:46
snoop1130

Phoenix tour boat fails to sell as authorities run up huge storage costs

5 hours ago, Matzzon said:

You got it wrong there. In Thailand it´s not called tender process. They call it cousin ans siblings process.

Why do people sprout nonsense like this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, stevenl said:

Nonsense, also Herald of Free Enterprise e.g. was sold.

Granted, but one was a huge 8,000 ton RORO ferry, while this was a small craft hardly worth the scrap value. Why did they even raise it?

I stand by my statement - only in Thailand would they consider making money from such a sensitive disaster.

• Confused 1

On 6/7/2019 at 7:34 PM, SammyT said:

"As new. One careful lady owner"

Lots of careless captains though.

44 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

Granted, but one was a huge 8,000 ton RORO ferry, while this was a small craft hardly worth the scrap value. Why did they even raise it?

I stand by my statement - only in Thailand would they consider making money from such a sensitive disaster.

You're questioning the raising which according to TV posters should have been done much faster. 

Sorry, your reasoning is utterly nonsense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

Why do people sprout nonsense like this.

For people like you to have something to comment on. You just made comment of the year. Be proud of yourself.

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Because in most cases it is not nonsense but the truth.

BTW it is spout and not sprout. That is a vegetable.

Since it is incorrect it shows ignorance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Since it is incorrect it shows ignorance.

It's not incorrect. All those palm trees along Thepkassetri road in the central reservation, you know, when they cut down the trees to make room, were purchased by an ex-governor not long before his term finished. They were bought from a relative of his.

Or, how about the Welcome gate and the Patong welcome sign? That pissy little sign cost 9 million.

What we call corruption is called a Sensible Business Plan here. Just for once, take off those rosy-tinted glasses you always wear and open your eyes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

It's not incorrect. All those palm trees along Thepkassetri road in the central reservation, you know, when they cut down the trees to make room, were purchased by an ex-governor not long before his term finished. They were bought from a relative of his.

Or, how about the Welcome gate and the Patong welcome sign? That pissy little sign cost 9 million.

What we call corruption is called a Sensible Business Plan here. Just for once, take off those rosy-tinted glasses you always wear and open your eyes.

And there was me thinking this was about phoenix and storage. No corruption there, as claimed here.

And no, I won't make this personal, despite your attempt.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

Just now, stevenl said:

And there was me thinking this was about phoenix and storage. No corruption there, as claimed here.

Riiiiight. You carry on believing that and I'll carry on laughing up my sleeve.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Riiiiight. You carry on believing that and I'll carry on laughing up my sleeve.

Since you seem very well versed in the family connection between this shipyard and authorities, maybe you can explain them.

Edited by stevenl
  • Like 1

Phoenix by name Albatross by nature scrap it before another face falls off🤔

32 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Since you seem very well versed in the family connection between this shipyard and authorities, maybe you can explain them.

.....and you know that it's all straight? You do know this is Thailand, right? Any opportunity to make money. Doesn't the price make you even a little bit suspicious? What kind of house can you rent for 100k per month? That boat isn't very big and the customer is the government. Nobodies personal wealth is involved. Ripe for pork.........just the way every other government contract is.

You want to believe everything is above board, that's up to you, but incredibly naive considering the amount of time you have been here. Or, are you just in your usual Thai apologist mode?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

.....and you know that it's all straight? You do know this is Thailand, right? Any opportunity to make money. Doesn't the price make you even a little bit suspicious? What kind of house can you rent for 100k per month? That boat isn't very big and the customer is the government. Nobodies personal wealth is involved. Ripe for pork.........just the way every other government contract is.

You want to believe everything is above board, that's up to you, but incredibly naive considering the amount of time you have been here. Or, are you just in your usual Thai apologist mode?

The claim was 'family connection', I said no, not in this case. You disagreed with me, but it is now obvious you have nothing.

And again personal, off topic remarks. Sad.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I certainly didn't mean family only, though, that is the preferred method as it keeps it in the family.

Personal enrichment by whatever means are necessary, family, or no family.

"Off-topic" ? Are you a Mod now?

Edited by Joe Mcseismic
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1