British rapist who was once arrested over death of Pattaya bar girl to be extradited to the UK

snoop1130

British rapist who was once arrested over death of Pattaya bar girl to be extradited to the UK

1-1.jpg

Image: Reece Vella following his arrest in 2018

A British man recently arrested in Bangkok who was wanted by police in the UK on drug trafficking charges had previously been arrested over the death of a bar girl in Pattaya.

On Friday, Thai Immigration Police Bureau chief Pol Lt-General Sompong Chingdoung announced the arrest of Reece Blain Vella.

On 16 May, Immigration Police were contacted by the UK’s National Crime Agency to inform them that Vella was wanted in connection with supplying Class A drugs.  

After cross checking Vella’s details on Immigration’s PIBICS system and liaising with the British Embassy, by pure chance it was discovered that the twenty seven year old was due to visit the Embassy in Bangkok.

Police then swooped on an unsuspecting Vella as he tried to attend his Embassy appointment.

Immigration chief Sompong said Vella will be extradited back to the UK.

But this isn’t the first time Vella has had a brush with the law in Thailand or the UK.

Wannipa-Janhuathon-13.png

Image: Wannipa Janhuathon

In January 2018, he was arrested in connection with the death of a bar girl in Pattaya.

The naked body of Wannipa Janhuathon, 26, was found outside Cosy Beach View Condominium in Pratumnak.

She’d fallen from the balcony of Vella’s fifth floor condo.

At the time Vella told police Wannipa, nicknamed Joy who worked at Sky Bar on Soi 6, fell while they were having sex on his balcony.

He said he was so distraught that he fled the scene and checked into a nearby hotel.

He was arrested two days later at Route CC Roadhouse bar with footage of the arrest shared on social media.

He later told police Wannipa died during a sex game gone wrong.

Following his arrest in connection with the death of Wannipa, Vella was also found to have overstayed his visa by 59 days and had also stolen a motorcycle.

He was charged with causing death by negligent or reckless behaviour, theft and visa overstay.

However, Thaivisa understands that Wannipa’s death was ruled as accidental.

It’s not clear the result of the charges related to his overstay and the theft of the motorbike.

In 2012, Vella, who had served 5 years in the British army, was sentenced to four years and nine months in a young offenders institution for raping a teenager near his home town of Worcester.

In 2017, he appeared at Worcester Crown Court where was charged with supplying Class A drugs.

However, he never faced those charges and instead fled to Thailand.

He’d been in Thailand approximately two months when he was arrested over the death of Wannipa.

Despite having an outstanding warrant against him from the UK and him previously being in custody in Thailand, it is only now that he is being extradited back to the UK to face drug charges.

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-07

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus! The fella seems like a one man crime wave. Everywhere he goes there is trouble.

Hopefully he will not be bothering anyone outside of a UK jail for a while though.

This is the sort of person Thailand doesn't want and neither do those of us farang who live here.

I am a little surprised he didn't get kicked out of here after the previous problems, including theft of a motorbike and overstay, not to mention the involvement in a very suspicious death.

Cops have got him now though, so one less dirtbag sullying the good name of the majority of us.

Hope they give him a lifetime ban on the way out.

20 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Jesus! The fella seems like a one man crime wave. Everywhere he goes there is trouble.

Hopefully he will not be bothering anyone outside of a UK jail for a while though.

This is the sort of person Thailand doesn't want and neither do those of us farang who live here.

But too many people might think that all white people are doing such things. Thailand is full of white trash, and it's time to remove them all.

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

But too many people might think that all white people are doing such things. Thailand is full of white trash, and it's time to remove them all.

Careful what you wish for. Its proven over and over immigration Will Punish all for the deeds of a few...just easier that way

6 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I am a little surprised he didn't get kicked out of here after the previous problems, including theft of a motorbike and overstay, not to mention the involvement in a very suspicious death.

Cops have got him now though, so one less dirtbag sullying the good name of the majority of us.

Hope they give him a lifetime ban on the way out.

None of us has a good name anymore. Times have changed and my neighbors wouldn't want to talk to any new foreigners in town.

17 years ago they're more than happy to have a chat with foreigners.

If anybody believes that the ( bar) girl really fell off a balcony "during sex", after reading that he'd raped a young girl, must be naive. 

1 minute ago, madmen said:

Careful what you wish for. Its proven over and over immigration Will Punish all for the deeds of a few...just easier that way

I don't even want to know how many foreign criminals are staying in Bangkok and Pattaya alone. 

Even when we live a perfect life, pay our taxes, help our parents in law and spend all our savings, we're still in the same boat as these criminals.

I was the victim of some foreign "bag snatchers" who got caught on two different locations in a short period of time.

I had a doctor's appointment, waited for my OPD card when an older Thai lady saw me sitting behind her, grabbed her handbag that was on a chair next to her and put it on her lap.

She looked at me as I was a thief and really, I didn't feel well, knowing of the two incidents short before. She somehow made me feel guilty and I can't even explain why. 

Should I have told her that I'm not like them? My god, it's much easier to understand why they're so fed up with us foreigners.

There are just too many of them. 

So is this right???

Despite the bargirl's death being ruled accidental according to the article, the guy involved was apparently lately free and running around Thailand and making his embassy appointment -- even though he had last year overstayed his visa 59 days and had been charged with stealing a motorcycle here, and had an outstanding criminal warrant from the UK?

How is it the justice system here regularly manages to nail ordinary folks for stupid/ridiculous offenses, but then turns around and lets low-lifes off the hook?

PS - I certainly hope he was remembering to file his 90-day reports and especially his TM30s, or else the Thai justice system would have come down on him like a load of bricks for sure!

39 minutes ago, mercman24 said:

live in a condo in bangkok, ?? how long has cosy beach Pratumnak, been in BANGKOK , its in JOMTIEN Pattaya,

Cosy Beach was where the bar girl incident took place, I don't see any mention that he lived there.

By all accounts, he was arrested In Bangkok.

Always makes me laugh when I hear the 'bring back National Service' trope.

You take a chav, make him fit, cunning and resourceful and then he moves to Thailand and causes havoc, and he volunteered.

And by the way, the Catering Corps are soldiers first and cooks second.

A fair proportion of the prison population are ex-military.

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I don't even want to know how many foreign criminals are staying in Bangkok and Pattaya alone. 

Even when we live a perfect life, pay our taxes, help our parents in law and spend all our savings, we're still in the same boat as these criminals.

I was the victim of some foreign "bag snatchers" who got caught on two different locations in a short period of time.

I had a doctor's appointment, waited for my OPD card when an older Thai lady saw me sitting behind her, grabbed her handbag that was on a chair next to her and put it on her lap.

She looked at me as I was a thief and really, I didn't feel well, knowing of the two incidents short before. She somehow made me feel guilty and I can't even explain why. 

Should I have told her that I'm not like them? My god, it's much easier to understand why they're so fed up with us foreigners.

1 hour ago, Isaanbiker said:

I hope you mean White Trash not white people in general ??

5 hours ago, darksidedog said:

This is the sort of person Thailand doesn't want

I don't think he's the type of person anybody wants. 

The guy is trouble and needs help and locking up. 

Good bye and good riddance. Hope he does a long stint in jail in the UK. 

There is no doubt that the farang demographic has changed dramatically since i moved here 19 years ago. Some posters on pdn are correct about Thais not being as friendly anymore towards foreigners. Can't blame them. Who wants to talk to theseุ tattooed scruffy bar knobs and their bar hooker companions? I dont know any farangs who will go near bar towns anymore. Even Swiss men are on the nose. A massage lady I know in my street says Swiss want sex and marriage with Thai girls but not for money. Free!

I don't think that will work.  Lol

11 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

That is called Xenophobia. In fact almost none of the long staying foreigners here are criminals, but sensationalist comments about "too many foreigners", and "white Trash", along with the usual (generally misplaced) envy of 'farang mak mak baht', make sweeping generalisations like yours seem almost believable.

Archived