BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YetAnother

liquidate thai assets and transfer to vietnam

reading the thai immigration writing on the wall, seems to be a couple more years they will get most of us gone; mind you a lot of us can stay financially but we tire of their immigration games ; 

other opportunities seem quite positive;

at the moment i would favor vietnam over thailand;

after all these years, thai racism as reflected in thai immigration policies seems more (negatively) stronger than ever ;

i , and many among us, need the thais as much as they need us;

less than zero;

but...to get to the main point, i, and many of us, seemingly, today, have most of our financial assets here; long term looks to be elsewhere; i will tire of carrying maximum cash amounts back and forth;

any ideas , large amounts ?

thanks

You can hand carry an unlimited amount of foreign currency out of Thailand, as long as you declare it.

You will also have to declare on arrival. Read more here:

"How to liquidate thai assets and transfer to vietnam"

It seems you have already liquidated the assets...and are simply asking about moving cash. I thought your post was going to be about how to dispose of property quickly after deciding to move on?

vietnam, with agent orange still "active" for another few hundreds years, would be the last place in mind

12 minutes ago, justin case said:

vietnam, with agent orange still "active" for another few hundreds years, would be the last place in mind

All over Vietnam, you think?

What about pesticides and insecticides all over the place?

Outside of Vietnam, I mean.

The Thais have never needed you

The government policies of the day have. 

Take your large amounts you have accrued with you in cash or bitcoin or Dee money or whatever. Or simply do a bank transfer.

if by assets you mean your spends for a couple of years, easy enough to move cash as others have said: if you mean long term savings I would not hold those in either country, completely crazy idea. Much better/safer to hold long term savings in Sing or HK then transfer cash to where needed as and when.

6 hours ago, justin case said:

Unaware of Trumps visit he must have kept that very quite 🤔

3 hours ago, emptypockets said:

The Thais have never needed you

The government policies of the day have. 

Take your large amounts you have accrued with you in cash or bitcoin or Dee money or whatever. Or simply do a bank transfer.

No not the arrogant rulers but what about the Isaan families supported by so many farang or has this never crossed your mind? 

On 6/7/2019 at 9:11 PM, YetAnother said:

mind you a lot of us can stay financially but we tire of their immigration games

🤣🤣🤣 yeah right

FYI, Agent Orange was used on all of the US Military bases in Thailand as well as Vietnam. In fact, it was used as heavily here as in Vietnam. If you check the world crime statistics, you are much more likely to get raped, mugged, beaten up or killed in Thailand today than Vietnam. Since you posted on Thai Visa, I assume that you read it as well.

7 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

FYI, Agent Orange was used on all of the US Military bases in Thailand as well as Vietnam. In fact, it was used as heavily here as in Vietnam.

right you are! the runways in U-Tapao, Korat and several other locations for the B52 bombers had to be once a month deforestated and defoliated. :coffee1:

Enjoy the beeping horns of vietnam and the locals who will not understand you when you are driving around lost on your moped asking how to get to Hoi An. If you dont have the correct pronunciation they will not understand you. Also enjoy the rip offs. They are the most money hungry people Ive ever come across