HOnda Jazz manual trans

How does the diesel 2.2 compare to the 2.5 petrol CX5 power wise? Do you know? What do you think of the price of that one in CM? It's so hard to gauge these things. I suppose the AWD is going to be more expensive. It is 5 years old at this point but new we're talking 1.5 mil. So I guess we're at half price in a slanted kind of way. Not sure what it cost new 5 years ago. Hmm, I really have to make the rounds and test drive these things. But it all takes so much time....

2 hours ago, bamboozled said:

How does the diesel 2.2 compare to the 2.5 petrol CX5 power wise? Do you know? What do you think of the price of that one in CM? It's so hard to gauge these things. I suppose the AWD is going to be more expensive. It is 5 years old at this point but new we're talking 1.5 mil. So I guess we're at half price in a slanted kind of way. Not sure what it cost new 5 years ago. Hmm, I really have to make the rounds and test drive these things. But it all takes so much time....

Top spec 2.2 diesel cx-5 was close to 1.7M new. 800K looks about 50% depreciation after 5 years. That one I showed only has 30 to 40K kms on it. Practically nothing. The AWD version of the diesel is more expensive but that's also because they have more features. There is also a 2wd diesel cx-5. This table below gives some specs. 

image.png.734900f76a3fcbf51ad0b2396bf02c37.png

7 hours ago, DavisH said:

Top spec 2.2 diesel cx-5 was close to 1.7M new. 800K looks about 50% depreciation after 5 years. That one I showed only has 30 to 40K kms on it. Practically nothing. The AWD version of the diesel is more expensive but that's also because they have more features. There is also a 2wd diesel cx-5. This table below gives some specs. 

image.png.734900f76a3fcbf51ad0b2396bf02c37.png

Look at that, the CX5, in all versions, does quite well on that list. I had seen some posters commenting about new diesel regulation coming out sometime in Thailand and that it might affect negatively on diesel trucks to the point that they would no longer be usable. Sounds like that would put half the vehicles on the road out of business so hard to believe.

1 hour ago, bamboozled said:

Look at that, the CX5, in all versions, does quite well on that list. I had seen some posters commenting about new diesel regulation coming out sometime in Thailand and that it might affect negatively on diesel trucks to the point that they would no longer be usable. Sounds like that would put half the vehicles on the road out of business so hard to believe.

Use the data in the table for comparisons between vehicles only. Your results may vary:) Especially fuel economy - their data is based on 2 passengers with long stretches of highway driving. On paper, the cx-5 looks good, but it is outsold by the crv 3 to 1. 

Slightly off topic but what can I expect to pay for insurance for one of these cars...never having owned or insured one in this fair land? And taxes for that matter. Let's say I buy a car at 750k. Do I pay VAT on top of that? A yearly excise tax like in the US? Inspection I suppose?

I know Honda is very popular, for reliability. I assume that's why it outsells the Mazda. I quite like the look of the CRV (but not the old-school one with the tire on the rear door. I quite DO NOT like that old version) but feel it is just bigger than necessary. I also like the CR3 perhaps more than the CR5, size-wise, but for the difficulty of the rear hatch opening being so small.

7 hours ago, bamboozled said:

"Dripped"....perfect! I'll let you know if I go the Jazz route. I would be taking over the financing, I guess?

Yeah continue payments or pay off in full . I'm in the UK at the moment but could make arrangements to view if needed . 

Archived