Trump calls off tariffs on Mexico after deal on migration

rooster59

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Again, what would you have them do?

Never worked in the trades huh?

Here's a link. Go educate yourself.

https://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/becoming-a-soldier/advanced-individual-training.html

And enough with the baseless unfounded characterizations of posters' offline lives. You just can't keep yourself from trolling, huh? 

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's a link. Go educate yourself.
https://www.goarmy.com/soldier-life/becoming-a-soldier/advanced-individual-training.html

And enough with the baseless unfounded characterizations of posters' offline lives. You just can't keep yourself from trolling, huh? 

The link didn’t say what you would have them do. I you don’t know, just say you don’t know, no need for a lot of useless links.

Please stop with the deflection. You implied 30 days was a ridiculously long to learn how to paint a steel structure effectively. From the statement, I assumed you were not a tradesman. Are you or were you a tradesman?

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

The link didn’t say what you would have them do. I you don’t know, just say you don’t know, no need for a lot of useless links.

Please stop with the deflection. You implied 30 days was a ridiculously long to learn how to paint a steel structure effectively. From the statement, I assumed you were not a tradesman. Are you or were you a tradesman?

The link points to the myriad of highly demanding skills soldiers are in training for. Acquiring and using those skills are what I would have them do. 

These soldiers are painting a border wall white. If this was an important and difficult skill to acquire, they would have been drawn from the engineering corps. They weren't. Stop being purposely obtuse. Or to put it another way, stop trolling.

What's more, let me remind you that this is the internet. There is no way of checking the veracity of a poster's claims about his or her curriculum vitae.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 1:07 PM, bristolboy said:

The link points to the myriad of highly demanding skills soldiers are in training for. Acquiring and using those skills are what I would have them do. 

These soldiers are painting a border wall white. If this was an important and difficult skill to acquire, they would have been drawn from the engineering corps. They weren't. Stop being purposely obtuse. Or to put it another way, stop trolling.

What's more, let me remind you that this is the internet. There is no way of checking the veracity of a poster's claims about his or her curriculum vitae.

LOL. The engineering corps is not for such things as painting walls which can be done as part of "make work" to keep teeth arms occupied while they are not being used on operations. The military does not believe in having soldiers sitting around doing nothing.

BTW, the engineering corps does not have loads of people to spare from the much more important work they actually do.

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The engineering corps is not for such things as painting walls which can be done as part of "make work" to keep teeth arms occupied while they are not being used on operations. The military does not believe in having soldiers sitting around doing nothing.

BTW, the engineering corps does not have loads of people to spare from the much more important work they actually do.

Precisely my point. Painting a wall is not a highly skilled task despite mogandave's assertion it is. It's makework for troops stationed at the border.

Archived